september 2018 updates

drib
dribnut
dribnut

september 2018 updates

I'm kind of annoyed today because I noticed that several of the trip descriptions with an "and" or "&" conjunction have changed twice this month. First from "&" to "and," and then back to "&" again!

And then there is this one, below, which I never did point out to them on that other message board because it would take too much explaining. See if you can spot the problem.

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/NAV190409/summary

It's been bothering me since 2017.06.01!

What's Regent going to do without me proofreading their web site?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: september 1 updates

Not looking like any fare changes yet - still working on it - but I did see this itinerary change:

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=5720

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY190312/summary

The ports were originally Nassau, San Juan, Tortola, St Johns, Charlestown, and Philipsburg.

I had remarked earlier, when they came out with the new 2020-2021 itineraries, that Regent should have done more Cuban immersion, not just all those Havana-only itineraries.

Anyway, fares are higher for this trip, so I will purge all the old fares and treat it as completely new. It's mostly wait-listed already, but there is still some availability F through A.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

september 3 updates

This cruise:

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=6923

Changed from "Admiration of Amalfi" to "Hometowns, Heritage & History," but other than the description change, I don't see any differences. I would say that the change is Regent just fucking with me, but it is true that the itinerary never did include Amalfi. On the other hand, there's no reason why all those Sicilian ports shouldn't admire Amalfi.

Still about 60 trips left to check, but so far, other than the name change, nothing.

Marc
drib critic
drib critic

You mean the fact that the ship doesn't stop in Cairo or Alexandria to see the pyramids? You expect logic?

Marc

drib
dribnut
dribnut

"Welcome back to the fight {,Marc}. This time I know our side will win."

-Victor Laszlo, Casablanca