airfare and port fees

drib critic stuff
drib
dribnut
dribnut

airfare and port fees

On Fare Compare, below the fare selector - which allows you to filter out trips that are not in your budget - there is a checkbox. For Oceania and Regent, the label for the checkbox is "no air," and if you check the box, then all fares shown have the air credit subtracted from the current listed fare. That's been there since the beginning of 2017 when I started tracking the air credit amount. It never applied to Crystal because Crystal fares never include air - not for a long time anyway.

Starting today, that same checkbox location has the label "fees" for all Crystal ships. And if you check the box, it will add taxes, fees and port charges to the current listed fare. This is not applicable to Oceania and Regent because their listed fares are already inclusive of those charges.

This may be confusing because it's the same field in the same location, but it has different meanings depending on the cruise line. Further, if the box is checked, then it subtracts an amount for Oceania and Regent, but it adds an amount for Crystal.

There was a small javascript change to implement this new feature, so it would be a good idea to do a hard refresh of the page if you know how to do that.

Unlike all the selectors at the top of the trip list, changing the "no air" and the "fees" checkbox (and also the "jcalc" checkbox - you know what that means) will cause the page to refresh so that it can recalculate all new listed fares and all new percent increases or decreases.

As with anything new, there may be problems with it, and I would appreciate your bug reports, and also, your affirmations if it's working well and if it's useful.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

trip count

Also new on Fare Compare, on the right hand side, under all the links is a count of all trips shown (i.e. not filtered).