january 2022 updates

drib critic stuff
drib
dribnut
dribnut

january 2022 updates

Crystal, using the legacy file, so no status changes:

trips w/insert: 4, total inserts: 44, total sql: 44.

All four trips were lower fares on Endeavor.

My host's technical services let me down about installing goutte. (But they are still good hosts for my photos, so I'm going to keep them.)

Oceania:

trips w/insert: 87, total inserts: 1143, total sql: 1280.

These are almost all higher fares (+100, +200, and so on) and includes increases on Vista in 2023 for the first time.

Regent:

trips w/insert: 323, total inserts: 4151, total sql: 4205.

Also all higher fares (+100, +200, and so on) and includes increases on Grandeur in 2023 and 2024 for the first time.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

mariner world cruise replaced

All but the first segment, San Francisco to Miami were cancelled. Then three new trips were added, Miami Round trip, and one back to San Francisco to keep the scheduled Alaska season. (What else could possibly go wrong?)

I added the trips as placeholders, but I'm going to wait a few days for the fares, because Regent tends to make errors early on.

======

2022.01.08: Interesting that the final leg stops in Eureka, California! This was a new database entry for Roll Call.

Also, this trip used to be "Catalina to the Caymans" but the Caymans are not in the itinerary anymore. (A few other port changes, as well.)

drib
dribnut
dribnut

someone's got a bad case of the mundays

Endeavor is leaving Antarctica a little early, and avoiding South Africa, opting instead for these four new itineraries:

More interesting, perhaps, because people actually want to sail on Symphony and Serenity at bargain prices, is that there were a lot of fare increases on both ships.

Meanwhile, on Regent Splendor, not that you can book it, but a GAP in the itinerary now links to this:

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/SPL220324/summary

Who wouldn't want to sail with a bunch of life insurance people?

On Oceania Marina, these trips have gone missing:

Based on the Oceania cruise finder, the next valid booking for Marina is April 14, although some of the trips after the missing ones above still have web pages. So something else is probably going on there.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

crystal operations suspended

I entered three new trips for the three ships to indicate the period of suspension for each, similar to what I did for the COVID19 cancellations. All the suspended trips are otherwise status=0, meaning you can't see them on Roll Call or Fare Compare.

Will I continue to do updates for Crystal through April? Sure, why not. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, won't get fooled again.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

new regent web pages

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2 ... n-rssccom/

If they no longer show only the detail for Category Penthouse, for example, and not Penthouse A, Penthouse B, and Penthouse C, then this would be a deal breaker for me. (It's not unlike the reason I stopped tracking Silversea and Seabourn.) With Crystal in cruise Limbo, Regent not having the detail I want, and probably Oceania following suit, I will likely shut down Fare Compare.

I might keep Roll Call going because I like to search it. Still, I don't expect to be booking any cruises for me until 2023 at the earliest.

fezzik
greenlandic garden weasel
greenlandic garden weasel

Re: january 2022 updates

Fool me twice, won't get fooled again.
You can't say that without getting this

You knew I couldn't resist, right?
I will likely shut down Fare Compare.
Can the planet survive this apocalypse?

(Edited since moron poster forgot how to embed youtube )
Last edited by fezzik on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: january 2022 updates

fezzik wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:56 amYou knew I couldn't resist, right?
Says Baba O'Fezzik? (The G is silent.)
fezzik wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:56 amCan the planet survive this apocalypse?
I was going to look at the Regent demo page more closely, but pretty sure it will be a problem. Whenever you see those spinning circles, you can be sure that it's loading data asynchronously.

The apocalypses in general is that every time we make our computers faster with better hardware, developers slow them the fuck back down with more bells and whistles, and in the case of Cruise Fucking Critic, more third party crap.

It always reminds me of the Flintstones episode where Gus Schultz (Rock Quarry in disguise) goes bowling with Fred and Barney, and Fred is disgusted by his form. "Oh Brother, another stylist! Doesn't anybody just plain bowl anymore?" Can't find a clip but that's the actual quote.

Doesn't anybody just write plain HTML anymore?