new forum, first topic

post your experiences with tours, private, cruise-specific, or public
drib
dribnut
dribnut

new forum, first topic

The request for a new forum that I get most often, practically daily, is one to discuss port cities, tour guides and so on. So today I made that happen, Captain.

I generally have good luck with the cruise line's tours. Crystal is particularly good, and I like that there is always someone from the ship on the tour. On Regent, of course, we're paying for the tours in our fares, so we always use the cruise line tours. And they are generally good. When they fail, it's because of a bad tour guide. But you never know - we had the world's worst tour guide in Colonial Williamsburg, and yet it was a good tour. We've also taken a few Regent tours where there is an additional premium, and those have all been very good.

I know that Oceania folk like to book their own tours. On our one previous Oceania cruise, we went along on some passenger-booked tours, and although things worked out okay in the end, there were some things that were just not quite right. So best, I think, is to book it yourself, preferably with a known tour guide, not just a tour company.

Later, I'll go back and drag up the names of the individuals we have used for private tours.