felix unger day

fun stuff
drib
dribnut
dribnut

felix unger day

Narrator wrote:On November 13, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence; that request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that some day he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his friend, Oscar Madison. Several years earlier, Madison's wife had thrown HIM out, requesting that HE never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?
On November 13, for all my working life, I would bring in a dozen doughnuts, or so, to celebrate Felix Unger Day. * I've been retired for several years now, so I've taken to alternate ways of celebrating the date. This year, for the first time, I'm celebrating by posting on my own message board. This is also the first first Felix Unger Day since Neil Simon, the "The Odd Couple" author, passed away.

So, let's make this perfectly clear: Felix Unger Day is a celebration of the TV character only. It is only from the TV version that we are told the significance of November 13. And the character from TV is Felix Unger, whereas the character from the theatrical production is Felix Ungar. If you want to celebrate Felix Ungar Day, you go right ahead. But it's not going to happen on my board.

Happy Felix Unger Day, everyone!

======

* Once at work, a young whippersnapper said that he had never heard of Felix Unger Day before. I told him that it had been around many years, and it was celebrated at everyplace I ever worked. And he said, "Really?" I didn't say he was a smart young whippersnapper.

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

Re: felix unger day

Being a Neil Simon fan I applaud your celebration Drib. But as an old Broadway/West End musical fan there are others. I also celebrate Eliza Doolittle Day as well as Frank Mills Day. Any excuse for a celebration is a good excuse.

To clarify if any of you wish to join in ....

Eliza Doolittle Day is from My Fair Lady ".... next week on the 20th May, I'll declare Eliza Doolittle Day .... " from Just you Wait Henry Higgins Act 1 (I think?)

Frank Mills Day is from Hair .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr7NHppaN7U

Well, if you remember the 60s (or 70s?????) you weren't really there, right?

Sorry for the intrusion but there are just so many things to celebrate and so little time. And we won't mention my memories, OK?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

do you remember ...

... September 21? We celebrate that day every year too.

We saw Lauren Ambrose as Eliza last year in New York - not un-coincidentally on September 21. She was great, as was the production ... until the last minute when it got weird. They changed the ending to be #metoo-ish or something like that, and it ends with Eliza leaving Prof Higgins. The audience collectively didn't know was going on, so there was a very awkward score of seconds before we all applauded the end of the play.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

november 5

Saturday, November 5, 1955, the date time travel was invented.

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Re: november 5

drib wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 am Saturday, November 5, 1955, the date time travel was invented.
I bet Guy Fawkes wished it was invented back at the time he had a bad 5 November in 1605!
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

drib
dribnut
dribnut

bodogbodog wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:39 amI bet Guy Fawkes wished it was invented back at the time he had a bad 5 November in 1605!
There's a pretty good chance that Zemeckis, or one of his collaborators, had this in mind as an inside joke when the made "Back to the Future."

drib
dribnut
dribnut

bump

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Great series
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

drib
dribnut
dribnut

happy birthday ...

Elwood P Dowd!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

drib wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 am Saturday, November 5, 1955, the date time travel was invented.
bump

drib
dribnut
dribnut

drib wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:59 pm
Narrator wrote:On November 13, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence; that request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that some day he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his friend, Oscar Madison. Several years earlier, Madison's wife had thrown HIM out, requesting that HE never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?
On November 13, for all my working life, I would bring in a dozen doughnuts, or so, to celebrate Felix Unger Day. * I've been retired for several years now, so I've taken to alternate ways of celebrating the date. This year, for the first time, I'm celebrating by posting on my own message board. This is also the first first Felix Unger Day since Neil Simon, the "The Odd Couple" author, passed away.

So, let's make this perfectly clear: Felix Unger Day is a celebration of the TV character only. It is only from the TV version that we are told the significance of November 13. And the character from TV is Felix Unger, whereas the character from the theatrical production is Felix Ungar. If you want to celebrate Felix Ungar Day, you go right ahead. But it's not going to happen on my board.

Happy Felix Unger Day, everyone!

======

* Once at work, a young whippersnapper said that he had never heard of Felix Unger Day before. I told him that it had been around many years, and it was celebrated at everyplace I ever worked. And he said, "Really?" I didn't say he was a smart young whippersnapper.
bump