R.I.P. drib

The news of the demise of drib spreads

To whom can we look for hope?

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord

Re: R.I.P. drib

No chance, Fat Boy.

Drib's not only merely dead; he's really most sincerely dead!

fezzik
greenlandic garden weasel

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:47 pm No chance, Fat Boy.

Drib's not only merely dead; he's really most sincerely dead!
Listen you little demon seed, some of us are not going to give up hope. Being dead does not mean staying dead.
Have you never heard of Spock? Sparrow? Kenny? Tinker Bell?
And by the way, where were you on the night of March 16??

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord

Fezzik wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:10 am... And by the way, where were you on the night of March 16??

What are you suggesting, you Greenlandic garden weasel, you? I'm the progeny of Crystal Cruise types - I  wouldn't be caught dead on a Regent ship. And besides, I'm only five years old!

It happens that I have the complete, unedited transcript from the night of March 16, and this is how it went down, as told in flashbacks ...

drib wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:27 am ...

"You!" I says, and then it started raining bullets in the atrium on Seven Seas Splendor.

As I was falling down the atrium stairs, I managed to squeeze out a few rounds, between rotations, striking the giant garden weasel in the head. It would have blown his brains out, if he had any. And then finally, as it must to all men, death came to this private dick.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...

... Kelly Clarkson!

So suck on that, you fatty, fatty, fat fuck!

I'm only five years old ... five years and 174 days!

fezzik

OK, Spawn of Satan, first of all, since you have now seized the reins of control of this site, do you seriously expect anyone to believe that there is newly discovered "unedited transcript" of these events? "Ha!" I say.
Second, the fact that you claim that you wouldn't be caught dead on a Regent ship does not negate the fact the the person who you originally try to frame for this heinous act is well known to be someone who could not possibly thrive in the Regent environment.
Third, your clumsy attempt to alter the police sketch is fooling no one. Who the hell is that supposed to be anyway?
Fourth, I know that you meant the reference to a Greenlandic Garden Weasel as an insult, but the fact is that anyone who knows anything about Greenland knows that it's native weasel is a valued asset, and is invaluable in keeping the vermin population under control. Ring any bells?
Watch your back you little snake I'm on to you.

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord

First, I'm shocked - shocked - that you can count to four in ordinal numbers.

Second ...

You might want to check the signature under each post of "the person who{m} you originally try to frame for this heinous act." The last entry in his list of future cruises: "September 2021 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo - 19 days."

Third, do you French kiss your dead mother - you know, the one you keep locked in the house overlooking that cheap California motel - with that mouth?

Fourth, I wonder how much you're going to like it social distancing with yourself in the Garden Weasel Forum (GWF).

Fifth ... well, I suppose you wouldn't even know what that means, you giant, gluttonous galoot!

fezzik

Where am I up to...?

Fifth, listen you little mini- slut, I'll have you know that I know lots of numbers; cardinal, ordinal, integral, what have you.

Sixth, you foolishly believe that the person to whom you refer is actually going to set foot on that ship. I'll pony up 2 to 1 it never happens.

Seventh, I find it rather extraordinary that a foul mouthed little bitch like you is lecturing me about language.

Eighth, you think that you can keep me chained up in my own little corner, but I can assure you that you can't crush the rez-d movement (the resurrect drib movement) down, our numbers are growing by leaps and bounds.

Ninth, sticks and stones can break my bones, but words that I do not understand can never hurt me.

Tenth, and most importantly- you mentioned your age earlier, so I calculate your birthday to be September 30, 2014. That happens to be the day that the first case of Ebola was diagnosed in the US. Coincidence? I don't think so.
I was able to locate a newspaper listing for that date, I can't say for sure that this is you, but it makes one wonder.

I would go on but you are lucky that I have run out of fingers.

fezzik

Re: klt jeopardy!

alex - verified canadian wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:07 am
And how do Australians feel about Tasmania, and Tasmanians about mainlanders? (That's not a rebuttal, I really want to know!)
Dunno. Ask me something I can relate to, like how Florinese feel about Guilder and vice versa.
alex - verified canadian wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:07 am
You mean like how they named the Brady Bill after John Hinckley Jr?
I imagine there must be some sort of cogent analogy here. I will continue to imagine it.

admin
overlord
overlord

sports rules named for people

Such rules are frequently named after the person whose behavior the rule is meant to prevent.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/269 ... ter-people

In the case of klt Jeopardy!, the Holzhauer rule was instituted to prevent category surfing in the manner of James Holzhauer. Many people, those watching network TV Jeopardy!, and those playing Jeopardy! spin-offs, feel his behavior was bad for the game. On TV, they chose not to deal with it, but we on drib critic were proactive.

It was also mentioned before that some categories were meant to be played top down; that there is a theme which only develops if played in descending order. I recall one time, on the network version, when the first four responses were the exact same, and that tricked one contestant into saying it again for the final clue ... except he was wrong ... and the writers could be heard laughing hysterically offstage.

In regards to mini-d, the new moderator of all board activities, most people find her to be a very fair-minded arbiter, with a sweet disposition, both being characteristics absent from her predecessor.

-admin

fezzik

Re: sports rules named for people

admin wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:28 pm Such rules are frequently named after the person whose behavior the rule is meant to prevent.

Silly me, I always thought that great discoveries were usually named after the innovators, not their opponents. So I suppose old Pythagoras didn't know a hypotenuse from a hippopotamus, his mathematical rival used his name to show that he was beaten to the breakthrough. Apparently, some 17th century bully was dropping apples on poor Isaac's head, discovered gravity and named his finding after his victim. And surely, some German physicist was quicker to grasp the principal quicker than his opponent, Heisenberg, who was just too damn uncertain to reach any conclusion.
admin wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:28 pm In regards to mini-d, the new moderator of all board activities, most people find her to be a very fair-minded arbiter, with a sweet disposition, both being characteristics absent from her predecessor.
-admin
I come to bury drib, not to praise him. But this is clearly a hostage statement if I have ever seen one. Does she have her hand on the switch to the electrode that must be attached to your testicles? But fear not, help is on the way, her days are numbered.

admin
overlord
overlord

Fezzik wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:49 amSo I suppose old Pythagoras didn't know a hypotenuse from a hippopotamus ...
You mean the Pythagorean theorem, that old chestnut?

Maybe if he ran a Ponzi scheme, they would have named that after him.

And mini-d, still totes adorbs!

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord

admin wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:18 am ... And mini-d, still totes adorbs!
:cheers:

I'm only six!

admin
overlord
overlord

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:46 am :cheers:

I'm only six!
You have to hand it to Fezzik, mini-d. His Holzhauer argument was difficult to defend.

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord

You mean like Harvey Weinstein? :dance:

admin
overlord
overlord

I think we may have hurt Fezzik's feelings, mini-d.

"Feelings," do you know what those are?

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord

I do!

I'm sorry that I called you a fat fuck, Mister Fezzik.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

admin wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:28 pmSuch rules are frequently named after the person whose behavior the rule is meant to prevent.

Foot note, pun not intended, regarding rule #11 cited in the above, Tom Dempsey died today from Covid-19.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sp ... navirus-73

He was a favorite locally, attending San Dieguito High School and Palomar College, both in north San Diego County.

imgn
Palomar Comets vs Mt San Antonio College
at Escondido High School
September 15, 2007