punkys big adventure

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
fezzik
greenlandic garden weasel

Re: punkys big adventure

Wow, I love these backstories , it;s kind of like reading a prequel!
Are you going to tell us about some of the others? What about that be-atch Apollonia? Is she any relation to mini-d?
What made sister-A end up in a nunnery?
And most importantly, we are dying for more information about the hero of the story, Punky!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

fezzik wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:36 am Wow, I love these backstories , it;s kind of like reading a prequel!
Are you going to tell us about some of the others? What about that be-atch Apollonia? Is she any relation to mini-d?
What made sister-A end up in a nunnery?
And most importantly, we are dying for more information about the hero of the story, Punky!
I was planning on doing some more, but they don't write themselves, and I've been busy with life.

Please note that drib was only responsible for the the 116 banned characters listed in the two tables, above. I will also be compiling a third table of the non-drib characters from PBA. Some of those are presumed banned, like @citric bird, and some I've noticed are still actively posting on CFC, like @May B.

And there is one character shihtzu4brains who is a loaner, a rental. This video is appropriately from someone else's adventure:

Here are a few quick factoids about Punkys dilemma. The first line of the song "Punky's dilemma," by Simon and Garfunkel, features a cornflake, and it inspired cornflakeX.

@cornflakeX was not in PBA, but he had 12 posts, which is a lot for a drib character. That's because cornflakeX was a scrapper, a fighter, and his posts were deleted along with others in the always contentious Crystal Forum. If PBA had continued, you would have learned that cornflakeX, in unreality, is Ray Donovan, with whom Punky lives alone at his home in Calabasas.

Also note that Calabasas is a badass town, hence "Calabadass" on Punky's profile. Calabasas shares a sheriff department with Malibu, the same one that beat up The Dude in "The Big Lebowski."

And finally, Calabasas was a shoutout to CwazeandCwaze, who live nearby. (CwazeandCwaze posted that they had booked the May 13 Panama Canal cruise, which is probably why Punky chose it. Also, Punky's stripper name was Ray Bulger!)

drib
dribnut
dribnut

anagram for mongo

Several of drib's characters had user names that were anagrams. And that's all I have to say about that.

basdryis

bitsnerd (Interesting ... his four posts are visible on his profile!)

mr_ebblo

Sahib Rem Genie (Was originally restricted. Still managed to fire off five posts.)

snutbird (Banned a virgin.)

Is five enough to be "several"? Discuss.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

pulp friction

Everybody be cool, like three little Fonzies.

Jules Winnfield is a character from "Pulp Fiction," played by Sammy Jackson. This is what it said on Jules' wallet:
imgn
Jules2517 was not intended to be a character in PBA. He was created to ask a legitimate question about the Turner Classic Movie (TCM) cruise. (You might have noticed that drib is a film fan.) The "2517" part of Jules' name is in reference to a bible verse that Jules quotes, more or less, in the movie.

Jules makes his first post in the Special Interests/Theme Cruises Forum. But Jules was restricted, and the moderator* who reviewed his post, deleted it. Jules asked for help by posting in the Help Forum, and he actually got a little help ... very little. The moderator said this link to TCM Cruise was not allowed because they were acting as a travel agent. Jules posted it again, but this time without a link, and the moderator approved it, but moved it to the the Disney forum, since the cruise was on Disney Dream. (Note that the verboten link had been previously posted in the Disney Forum for prior Disney cruises.) Jules objected again because not all movie buffs are Disneyphiles, and they won't find his post in the Disney Forum.

The post did attract some replies, though. However, Jules2517 was still restricted. He finally got tired of being moderated, so Fuck that Shit, he found a better solution.

Jules2715 was that solution. He was unrestricted, made two more posts about the TCM cruise, and then several more (at least 5?) in PBA.

Now that you know the story behind Jules2517 and Jules2715, take a look at the former's profile. See what I did there?

* If you looked at Jules2517's profile - I just told you to do that! - you can see that the Moderator was CC Help Jenn. Jules, the drib character, knowing that Jenn was a hot soccer mom (HSM) tried to hit on her. Oh, "hit" is a bad choice of words for Jules, I meant he wanted to bang her. Okay, another bad choice of words. Jules tried to sweet talk Jenn to no avail.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

punkys big adventure, also starring ...

... in order of appearance:
member namedate joinedlocationdisposition
boblerm2000.05.20New Englandactive, still a douchebag
May B2008.06.27Floridaactive, hsm
Eight_Paws2018.08.05
Phoenix
active
citric bird2021.10.05Pleasant Valleypresumed banned
TrulyBlonde2013.06.26ZG/Coloradoactive
meg10212016.07.13McMurray PAactive
lenquixote662011.03.26
New York
active, likes cats
sister A2022.01.24presumed banned
shihtzu4brains2022.01.24 presumed banned
duck dodgers2021.11.06Californiapresumed banned
CC Help Jenn2011.06.27NJactive, hsm

drib
dribnut
dribnut

you can call me al

Notable Alans:

Alan-a-Dale You may know him from Robin Hood, or from the part Bing Crosby played in "Robin and the 7 Hoods." You've either got or you haven't got style.

iowa_al Al is a solid name, and drib created him while visiting Iowa.

no tip alan For @no tip alan, tipping is never required nor expected, even when it is required and expected.

Paul Simon songs, like "You Can Call Me Al," are also a recurring drib theme. Paul Simon was born a New Yorker, but he lived a good bit of time in New Jersey. Sometimes he could be spotted at the Claremont Diner in Verona. Paul was a little guy, drib could sit on him and squash him like a bug. Simon and Garfunkel were also the answer to that old trivial question what was your first concert. drib saw them in Saratoga in 1968. (drib was a little guy then; you could sit on him and squash him like a bug.)

diamondsRmibff Inspired by "Diamonds on the soles of my shoes," and I want to point out the hidden "drib" within the name. She had two posts, both in the digital photography forum. She asked about finding a good non-phone camera. Then someone mansplained to her about the difference between pictures and video. And her response was "Silly Man, video is just moving pictures! 💋" Isn't that precious!?

drib always gets a little giddy posting as a woman.

DuncanR From Paul's first solo album.

Kodachrome1113 Note also the reference to Felix Unger Day.

======

Did you know that George Burns discovered Ann-Margret, but that Art Garfunkel was the first to have Carnal Knowledge with her?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

stalker talker

artemis64 artemis64 was created specifically to stalk @Stickman1990. But the Stickman was so taken aback by her first post that she went into hiding.

Lancelot Links Lancelot Links, secret chimp, was created to stalk @boblerm for reasons I am not at liberty to discuss.

mr_ebblo mr_ebblo once accused @boblerm of being the cruise critic outlaw drib. That was in an Aussie-specific forum. He felt out of place there, and spent the rest of his short-lived presence in the Test Forum.

wideload wideload was the stalkee. He was constantly harassed in the Test Forum by a bunch of losers, including an annoying yellow bird.

searching4aJackBennyDeal Jack Benny was famously frugal. When Crystal started practically giving away cruises, he was there on CFC to remind everyone that this was a sign of trouble ahead. He was banned very quickly for nuisance posting.

jb dealer Was created specifically to replace searching4aJackBennyDeal. However, I believe his five posts were unrelated. I think drib just wanted to see if anyone would connect the two, which they didn't, he thinks.

======

2022.02.04. Forgot to mention this one as both a stalker and a gratuitous sexual reference: Sheila9thofJune.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

beisbol been berry good to me

-chico escuela

I thought there were more sports characters, but I think only these two fit that category.

benny the jet Fictionally, a Dodger, he is named for a character in "The Sandlot." There were a bunch of Angelinos in drib's army, and many did have conversations amongst themselves, but Benny left CFC a virgin.

theGrandOrange Rusty Staub! Everyone loved Rusty, especially in the Great White North. RIP, Rusty.

Oh wait! There are several more; they just haven't been banned yet!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

A night at the movies and a might at the opera

Your Mission, should you to decide to accept it, is to find all the movie and song references in the lists of banned members.

What's the matter, McFly? Chicken?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

mom always liked me best

The subject is accurate. She had three children, but I was the youngest, and I was adorable. No brag, just fact.

After last week's massacree, of the Alice's Restaurant kind, drib tied to replenish his army. A few new (good) members did get through the CFC birth canal, but most did not. One set of member names that he tried, in various combinations, was based on the Brothers Smothers. They were to be the Smothers Sisters, and they were to have almost identical names but with a numbered suffix.

drib's favorite child from his army was this one: ipdaily.

ipdaily was born restricted. drib worked hard to remove the restriction by posting nice things. He posted on a thread called "The Daily," in the HAL Forum, where all they say are nice things. He worked his way out of restriction by pointing out that one of his grands had created the account for him, and that he was led to believe that anything on the Internet with the prefix IP was a good thing.

Host Kat, the moderator with the moving cat avatar that makes be want to hurl, posted on the same thread that if ipdaily wished, he could write to CC (no F) and they would change his user name for him. ipdaily responded that everyone on that thread seemed to like his name, so much so that he would keep it. ipdaily received a lot of "likes" for that post.

There were also comments by The Daily regulars as to the mischievous nature of grands, and as to the earthiness of ipdaily's name. drib felt badly for deceiving such nice people. He didn't want them to learn that ipdaily was a fraud, so ipdaily never posted again.

The Daily

drib
dribnut
dribnut

cover me elmo

Match these profile cover images with to their character:

drib
dribnut
dribnut

watch out for that first step, it's a doozy!

Today, Groundhog Day, we also celebrate the life of nedthehead, aka Ned Ryerson, aka Needle Nose Ned.

Bing!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

member names @sea

What the Fuck Cruise Fucking Critic?

A lot of your new members are starting to annoy me. To be clear, these folks are not drib - which is a very different thing from notdrib. What irks me about them is their lame names. For example: RICHARD at SEA OH.IL.NJ.CA.TX VirgilB Cruisekid2 SKCruiser007 Worldtraveler22

Have you ever seen such banality!

Sure, I admit it, one of my characters was peter at sea. But what you might not see there, at first glance, is that "peter" means penis. What's more subversive than a penis at sea?

Anyway, I am about to take my most brazen step ever! I am going to reveal my new characters before they get banned. Here are the first three:

barnaclebillthemahol

NewYorkJentsFan Is it misspelled, and if so, is the misspelled word "Jets" or "Gents" ?

ShaqFoo2

I will refrain from posting on CFC with the above. So if any are purged, I'll know there is a mole on my board. (Or maybe a bad marmot.)

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord

Re: member names @sea

drib wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:12 amSure, I admit it, one of my characters was peter at sea. But what you might not see there, at first glance, is that "peter" means penis. What's more subversive than a penis at sea?
What's a penis?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: member names @sea

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:43 am
drib wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:12 amSure, I admit it, one of my characters was peter at sea. But what you might not see there, at first glance, is that "peter" means penis. What's more subversive than a penis at sea?
What's a penis?
It's a trap! Run away, fezzik!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

no one beats a dead horse like the crystal forum

Serenity no longer headed to Aruba

A Tucson Guy The horse has died. It really is time to get off. Somebody here said I would eat those words- not yet!!!

calliopecruiser Better than eating the dead horse.

"A horse, a horse! My Kingdom for a horse!" -Trey Richard

drib
dribnut
dribnut

they are coming out of the woodwork

This is not me, but I'll be interested to know how this plays out.

doU69

Odds are against his making it to 69 posts.

======

doU69 is gone now. It's about two hours since I wrote the above. He finished with 18 posts - I think they were all in Carnival and Princess. Anyone who took the "unders" see the man to get paid.

======

No, wait a minute. It appears he was only almost dead. He now has one new post and a post count of 19. All bets are off!

======

2022.02.05: doU69 did not make it to 69 posts. He appears to have climaxed at 31, and all posts have been removed.

fezzik

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but it seems to me that this is as close to a proposition as anything that I have ever seen in CFC
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2 ... t=62581146

Later on he gets turned down, but was gracious about it.

A lot to unpack here, not sure where to begin. Also, I don't understand most of it. Just a few remaining questions:
  • They clearly changed something in the methodology of their banning mechanism in that years ago, when someone was banned, his posts still remained. Now, once banned, all posts disappear. Any idea why bitsnerd's posts are still there? Is it possible that he too is only mostly dead?

Is No Tip Alan's member name a reference to his member? (you may want to explain that one to mini-d)*

Does Apollonia14 have a specific diagnosis? My guess is paranoid schizophrenia.

What is Punky's gender? My guess is hir is nonbinary.

When you say that a character is not you, is it really not you?

The bullet list doesn't seem to work, or, more likely, I am doing it wrong
I will refrain from posting on CFC with the above. So if any are purged, I'll know there is a mole on my board. (Or maybe a bad marmot.)
Or the hosts know every keystroke that you make. How do you suppose that they figured out all of that these legions are all yours?

*Did I fall into a trap?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

fezzik wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:47 amPerhaps I am misunderstanding, but it seems to me that this is as close to a proposition as anything that I have ever seen in CFC https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2 ... t=62581146
I'm sure there are more blatant examples. How about Bitsnerd hitting on CC Help Jenn?
fezzik wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:47 am
  • They clearly changed something in the methodology of their banning mechanism in that years ago, when someone was banned, his posts still remained. Now, once banned, all posts disappear. Any idea why bitsnerd's posts are still there? Is it possible that he too is only mostly dead?
As moderator on drib critic, I can tell you that I have a choice of simply banning a member or banning and and deleting their posts. When DFC had its own domain, dribcritic.com, I used to get a lot of spammers creating new members for whatever reason. I believe there was only one where I left his post, and it was because it was in the "guests can post here" forum.

For drib, CFC originally left his posts in place, but as they dug deeper, or someone complained, they figured out that drib left a bunch of subversive stuff in his profile, and in images that he hosted and could modify at will, for example, this:

That second panel originally said simply "I hate Mozart."

I think that, now, because there are so many that need to be moderated, it's easier for them to ban and delete, rather than go through all their posts. One thing they overlook, though, is that the deletions do not affect anywhere a post was quoted. So there is still a lot of drib's stuff left on CFC.

I once wrote to CFC and asked them to restore Bitsnerd because he wasn't such a bad guy, and I was partial to him. They didn't respond. But even if they reinstated him now, I don't know his password, and I didn't keep his email account. (I used to save passwords, but after the mass purge, it was too much clutter in my browser settings, so I deleted them all and started over again for the survivors.) So I believe that Bitsnerd is not only really dead, he's really most sincerely dead.
  • Is No Tip Alan's member name a reference to his member? (you may want to explain that one to mini-d)*
Funny you should ask ... I had considered "Just the Tip"!

I can't explain that to mini-d, she's only six years old!
  • Does Apollonia14 have a specific diagnosis? My guess is paranoid schizophrenia.
No, I think she just hates boblerm.
  • What is Punky's gender? My guess is hir is nonbinary.
It's not like I can speak for Punky. You should have asked Punky while you had the chance.
  • When you say that a character is not you, is it really not you?
The game goes like this: The first time you ask, I will reply "I'm sure I don't know what you mean." But if it comes up again, I will respond almost truthfully.

fezzik wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:47 amThe bullet list doesn't seem to work, or, more likely, I am doing it wrong

Code: Select all

[*] goes before each bullet, even in a numbered series.
fezzik wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:47 am*Did I fall into a trap?
Inconceivable.

Sometime today, or this weekend, because that's the best time to clock against moderation, I will be creating a profile for Corky Soaker the Sailor. (If you want to beat me to it, I'm okay with that.) It's not an original thought. It's a rip-off of an SNL sketch about "cork soakers."

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

We’ll I’m banned on CC and my profile remains and you can see my posts - all 6000+ of them!

Am I still bitter? Of course I am!
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up