Crystal Cruiser Guys

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
drib
dribnut
dribnut

Crystal Cruiser Guys

Well, if Scottie keeps his pledge to not post videos on Cruise Fucking Critic, you should watch them on YouTube. Here's that link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1dXBM ... O2w/videos

But, I'm also going to post them here.

I may have written in the past that I prefer the original four minutes episodes because it forced Scottie to do more editing to tell the story. But I still like the the new ones. And as was the case with his podcasts *, Scottie puts a lot of effort into it. Imagine how long it takes to go through and edit all that video.

Scottie's creativity explodes wherever he goes, and by comparison, everything else on CFC blows! **

======

* Auntie Vera Speaks

** with a few exceptions.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Seabourn Cruise Episode 1 - Miami Bound!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Seabourn Cruise Episode 2 - A Miami Morning & A Seabourn Boarding

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: Crystal Cruiser Guys

It looks like I already missed out on several deleted posts. (CFC deleting posts? I had no eye deer!)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2 ... t=63066346
CwazeAndCwaze wrote:Okay, all you wonderful folks. And you all ARE wonderful folks.

Here is my bottom line to all this.

I knew that any negative about Seabourn was going to get flack. I expected it. As with any message board there are going to be staunch protectors of the brand. I get it. I used to be a regular on the Crystal board and boy oh boy were there STAUNCH supporters.

But I can tell from the reaction to this video (and the section about Seabourn falling short with testing etc.) that the push back was already aggressive. And I know what is to come. I am about 9 videos into what will probably be about a 15 video series.

I was disappointed in Seabourn. Very much so. There were really good things. The amazing room, the unbelievable veranda, the crew. But so much was just subpar for me. And while I don't necessarily call those things out on the video, I do indeed hint at them and I know what will happen if I continue to attach those videos here.

I just don't want the inevitable grief of "Well YOU didn't like it but WE loved it" and "Well you thought that was bad and WE thought it was wonderful' ETC, ETC Ad Infinitum.

That's why I made this decision. I truly can see the writing on the wall.

Thank you ALL, for your kind words of support. You are very dear.
rucrazy wrote:I get that ...When you are used to one level of service and sophistication that is no longer available to you all others seem to come up short in comparison. But there is one thing I do know... while no line will ever replace those experiences.. and even if that line would reappear under new management it would not be the same... as Thomas Wolfe stated "You Can't go Home Again" Embrace those memories!
Looks like it's a predominately crazy thread.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Seabourn Cruise Episode 3 - A Sail Away & Day at Sea

drib
dribnut
dribnut

CwazeAndCwaze wrote:Yes. Just off Ovation in March. Would NOT recommend it.
toseaornottosea wrote:Why?
Is that Bill Shakespeare over there?
CwazeAndCwaze wrote:The ratio of good to bad.
There once was a review of Ovatio,
That spoke of the good to bad ratio.
Would he have us believe,
To compare "give" and "receive."
Relates in matters concerning fellatio?

======

I once read a review of the Titanic, and there was only one bad thing!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Seabourn Cruise Episode 4 - Adventures in Dining

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Episode 2 - A Miami Morning and A Seabourn Boarding!

cruiseej wrote:I appreciate the videos, and they help me understand what @SLSD notes: we all have very different expectations of what we look for in a cruise. In all our cruises (across Regent, Silversea and Seabourn), I don't think we've ever had a dinner in our suite. We find the ambiance of the restaurants — from the decor to the energy and hum of conversations and movement of waitstaff — to be a major part of enjoyment of a meal, even when we're just dining by ourselves. And of course, you're getting your food straight out of the galley as it's ready, without waiting for it to be delivered. You get to interact with the waiters and pick their brains about what's good and what to avoid. You can sample various wines. And if there's an issue with anything not coming out as expected, it can be rectified on the spot. I'm not saying that anyone who choses to dine in their suite is wrong to do so, just that it's never an option we're interested in. (Of course, we've also never had a suite that costs close to 3 times as much as our standard veranda suite, either, so maybe we'd want to stay in our suite if we did! 😉 )

Even though it looks gorgeous, we'd rather take 3 cruises than pay for a top-end suite like the one in Drew & Scott's video. And we cruise to both enjoy the ship and to enjoy where we're traveling to, so the idea of cruising but never leaving the ship is something I don't think we'll ever do. (Well, until perhaps we're too old and slow-moving to do otherwise!)

Again, I'm not making a judgement about what others want from their cruise experience; it's great that it can be so very different for different people on the same cruise. And it helps me understand how different people can experience different degrees of enjoyment and met/unmet expectations while sailing on the same ship on the same cruise.
Mixed bag. Praising the Cwazes, and ridiculing them for wanting the best suite.
lincslady wrote:Very well put. My thoughts exactly.
I'm not sure about the context of the above.
CwazeAndCwaze wrote:
suzeluvscruz wrote:[So fun to watch! We met the four of you several years ago on Symphony,,,,nothing will ever be the same, will it???
Very well put. My thoughts exactly.
You're out of order.

No, you're out of order!
frantic36 wrote:Hopefully we can all respect Scott's wishes and ignore this thread or have it locked so we cause him no more distress.
lincslady wrote:Yes, if he does get distressed about it. I did have a hopefully helpful suggestion - if he and his partner really love being in a gorgeous suite, with friends around, and having food and drink delivered impeccably they might - maybe not for much more expense - rent a private yacht with staff provided who would be able to concentrate on just a small group, with the galley nearby to ensure the best service. Especially if they don't need or want the usual cruise ship offerings of days ashore, bars and restaurants to mingle with others, etc.
sfvoyage wrote:On the topic of "dining course by course in the privacy of your own suite", I, too, have noticed and been intrigued by this marketing copy but have never indulged - in fact, we have only had room service dinner one time, in all our years sailing with Seabourn. The reason was simple: it is just not practical. With the two of us, we tend to eat fairly quickly, and it doesn't make sense for us to keep calling room service every 5 minutes for the next course to be delivered. All the hassle, the fuss, the labour... So for us, it sounds interesting and lovely in concept but not in practice.

Having said that, we have been invited on a couple of occasions by another couple to their fancy suite for private dinners, and those had been very well executed. The other couples contacted guest services and consulted with the F&B manager in advance (24 hour would suffice) regarding menus, staffing, service timing and pacing, etc., and we would get a dedicated server during most of the dinner. Nobody would think of calling down to room service at a moment's notice to order a course-by-course dinner the same evening.

Granted, guests new to Seabourn may not know this, which leads me to making the following comments that I had hesitated to make, for fear of misinterpretation.

I would encourage Seabourn newbies to sail with an open mind and heart. Instead of going on board expecting and demanding everything to be how they used to like it on other lines, it would behoove them to take the time to observe, ask, and find out how things operate on Seabourn.

We were on the same Ovation cruise in March, followed by the transatlantic crossing. The first segment was full of newbies, while the next one was full of Seabourn old-timers. On the first segment, the staff had to contend with a lot of unusual demands by some of the new guests who wanted everything their way from Day One. In fact, I overheard guests who complained daily about various inconsequential issues just because they didn't fit what they had been used to on another line. One couple dined (and ordered a full dinner) at all the dining venues every night. Another lady complained incessantly about an issue and wouldn't give up until she threatened legal action and got her way, i.e. monetary compensation. (BTW, the issue was something that we and other friends have encountered on occasion, but we would never dream of asking for compensation, let alone threaten to sue.)

Please do not misconstrue the above: I am not minimizing or denying the pain and suffering of those who had to try Seabourn for the first time and were disappointed. It is terrible to be disappointed, and I sincerely wish those passengers will ultimately be able to find the line they can call home. However, I challenge anyone to find the perfect line who could deliver the perfect service the very first time based on their exact likings, unless perhaps they own or charter their own yacht and/or have had a chance to express their exact desires in advance to all the necessary staff.

The reality is that Seabourn delivers an impossibly high level of service and aims to please. However, there are differences, and it's often not a black and white matter of better or worse. As good as Seabourn is, it doesn't and cannot always read minds, and it doesn't know your expectations until you make them known, preferably in advance.

BTW, there was much less drama and stress on the crew on the second segment. However, there was covid-related stress, but that's another story...
Too fucking long. I just copied it - haven't read it.
CwazeAndCwaze wrote:MODERATOR:
Please remove this thread.
Thank you.
I am the OP
Goo goo g'joob.

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

Fortunately I missed all this crap. I rarely visit CFC these days.

I love CwazeAndCwaze's vids. Well said Scott. As 'Kath & Kim' would say (about Seabourn cruisers in particular) ... 'they're a pack o' shunts.' Bodog ... did you see that episode about the 'card-on-ay'? One of my favourite sayings!

Drib you can ban me now if you wish. LMFO, I will definitely NOT be sailing Seabourn any time soon if these quoted posts are anything to go by.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

I fixed your Youtube tag there, SuziQ.

Code: Select all

[youtube]iQfiDFq2PtQ[/youtube]
And here's one of my own ...

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

Typos, eh? Waiting for a certain CFC copious posting typo (and very bad grammar) person to actually post "that" word! What a hoot that would be? What are the odds? Should I start a book, or what?

Thanks Drib for fixing my youtube link. Tried to do it myself, but no go. LOL I'm not techno savvy.

BUT ..... I DO NOT MAKE TYPOS. I PROOF-READ!!!!!! So I am innocent your worship (or whatever you call 'em in America?).

drib
dribnut
dribnut

SuziQ wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:32 am ... LMFO, I will definitely NOT be sailing Seabourn any time soon if these quoted posts are anything to go by.
SuziQ wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:53 amBUT ..... I DO NOT MAKE TYPOS. I PROOF-READ!!!!!!
SuziQ, is LMFO a typo because I'm not familiar with it sans "A." But I will give you the benefit of the doubt, that you either mean "Laughing My Face Off," "Let Me Find Out," or this:

In any event, you won't be banned. In fact, you got a promotion!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Seabourn Cruise Episode 5 - Mini Ovation Exploration

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

I watched this episode this morning. Very sad to hear that their beloved 'Eunice' had left the building. :(

fezzik
greenlandic garden weasel

Re: Episode 2 - A Miami Morning and A Seabourn Boarding!

I'm wondering why this thread is on the bodog's corner section. Who is bodog?

drib wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:42 pm
CwazeAndCwaze wrote:MODERATOR:
Please remove this thread.
Thank you.
I am the OP
So apparently, an author of a thread in CFC has the right to have the thread removed, even if there is not anything even remotely violating CFC's guidelines.
How about this message board? Would the moderator remove a thread just on the request of a thread starter?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

fezzik wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:23 am I'm wondering why this thread is on the bodog's corner section. Who is bodog?
https://www.bodog.eu
fezzik wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:23 amSo apparently, an author of a thread in CFC has the right to have the thread removed, even if there is not anything even remotely violating CFC's guidelines.
How about this message board? Would the moderator remove a thread just on the request of a thread starter?
No. but the fucking thread starter should be able to delete his own fucking posts.

The moderator sometimes moves posts to the Garden Weasel forum, though.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Seabourn Cruise Episode 6 - Banquet to Belize

fezzik

drib wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:16 pm No. but the fucking thread starter should be able to delete his own fucking posts.

Why? If a person makes a statement in a public forum, shouldn't they own it?
They allow that on Facebook, sometimes someone posts a comment that seems like a complete non-sequitur. Turns out that they were responding to a deleted post, and it makes the responder look like a dope.
Same has happened on CFC when someone responds quickly, and the poster still has time to edit.

On CFC and DFC, most of the time a response quotes the original, so deleting a post is useless anyway.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Well, that's why you quote the other guys post - to keep the context * of your reply.

Long ago, on another message board, in a galaxy far away, I wrote a Seinfeld parody called Barthlow! (For a good guy named Joe Barthlow.) I didn't use multiple logins to tell the story, like Punky's Big Adventure. Instead, it was one big post per episode, like this:

Episode 4: The Quote.
{At the diner}

Barthlow: I saw what you wrote to the new guy in the Mondo Lounge.

Futura Girl: Yeah. So?

Barthlow: Well, I noticed that you replied to his post, but that you didn't quote him.

Futura Girl: That's right. I didn't quote the newbie. He wasn't quote-worthy.

Barthlow: {puzzled} He wasn't quote-worthy?

Futura Girl: That's right. I can't go quoting every post. I need to read five or six posts by a new guy before I'll even consider quoting them. And that one {pause} wasn't quote-worthy.

SDR: What about my posts? I've got thousands of posts, and you never quote me.

Futura Girl: Well, I guess you're just not quote-worthy either. Pez? {offers Pez dispenser}

SDR: No thanks. You know, it wouldn't hurt you to quote my posts once in awhile. A lot of people think I am quote-worthy.

Barthlow: I'll take one. {pauses to eat Pez} Hmmm. Good. What is it with Pez? You tilt back the head, and out pops a little brick of candy. I wonder why they don't make dispensers like that for other things. You know, like they could make a Frank Lloyd Wright dispenser - you tilt back his head, and out comes a concrete block.

Futura Girl: A Frank Lloyd Wright dispenser? That's stupid! Now you're the dufus {referring back to Episode 3}.

Moderns-R-Us: No - I think it's a great idea. How about a Bob's Big Boy dispenser? You tilt back the head, and out comes a Big burger ... or a Big salad!

announcer: {Downey Historical Society}

Barthlow: How about a dispenser with a policeman's head, and out comes a donut?

SDR: I just think you should quote my posts once in a while. Is that too much to ask? Vandalay quotes me all the time.

END SCENE

* Of course, if you want to be an asshole about it, you can change the quoted text!

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Nice thread

Yes I watched this one play out on CFC which continues to decline - now the Crystal forum is a series of threads bout other lines and the incessant “I’m hopeful” posts of the former king - now without a kingdom and hopeful of a miracle - oh and there are the ever hopeful how do I get a refund posts (most have moved on though)

and who is the twat asking who Bodog is? The cheek of the man!
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up