remembrance of things past

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
drib
dribnut
dribnut

remembrance of things past

"I have a bad feeling about this." :)

Posted by abe froman iii, the Sausage King of Chicago. (He was supposed to be the real abe froman, but I put in the wrong email address when creating his profile.)

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: remembrance of things past

So ... that was interesting.

I pre-posted with links to my photo site, and it previewed okay, so I submitted it. And then it went straight to moderation.

Then I resubmitted the whole thing, but with uploaded files, and that posted as intended. How long will it stay is anyone's guess. In the hidden moderated post, I was able to edit that - to "please delete" - but I didn't mean Abe Froman! If they are not paying attention, they may not figure it out right away.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Over 5 hours and the Sausage King remains a CFC member in good standing.

If he's not banned, it's really going to ruin all my plans for this weekend! It's like CFC is ignoring this on purpose.

By the way, this post has five whatchamacallits, all from dribnuts alumni: Texas Tillie, nancygp, May B, Roland4 and Stickman1990. All are Hahas. No Likes. No Thanks. And no replies. {Also Hahas from rafinmd, who was an original dribnut, and PaulMCO, who only wishes he were a dribnut, so it probably finished with seven. -ed, 2 days later}

======

12 hours and still there.

Maybe Abe can make it until the Moon launch?!

======

One day.

When the mods are away, the outlaws will play.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

On Saturday night, at about 10pm, the dribnuts remembrance thread was removed.

However, as of this posting, the Sausage King is still a member of CFC with a six post count. Apparently, Host Jazzbeau wants some backup before taking Abe down. Or maybe he has strong feelings for Abe?

You should know what you missed ...

Three hours ago, full of piss and vinegar because the Dodgers were ahead by 12-1 over the Pods, I noticed that Jazzbeau was online and posting. He wrote something in the Pontant forum ... well hell, I can just show you the whole exchange.

It could be that Jazzbeau did take a quick look at Abe's profile and concluded that he was an A&K enthusiast, having posted about A&K twice before. Later, he took a closer look, which I can tell by the time stamp in Abe's visitors box on his profile. (See above for a link to his profile.) Also note that Abe has 102 profile views - that's a lot for 36 hours. I had better take a screen print of that because I'm not sure if it will disappear when banned.

Now, should I repost the new dribnuts as Abe Froman, or as planned, start posting with new characters until I run out? I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to figure out my next step. But WTF AussieBoyTX? He likes everything Jazzbeau posts, but on the same topic, gives no like for Abe Froman !!!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

in search of lost time

I decided to go ahead and post again with a different character now - maybe it will distract them from banning Abe Froman.

It will be posted by: Toulouse the Trek
Toulouse the Trek wrote:Bon jour!

A little backstory before I post my images ...

September 2 is the anniversary of the outlaw drib's removal from Cruise Critic. To be clear, drib deserved it. He pushed the limit for a long time and was graciously allowed to continue posting by Cruise Critic for a long time. But on the night of September 2, drib wanted to be banned, and he succeeded.

Since then, drib has returned to Cruise Critic, but under new names. (Gasp!) Legend has it that while some users have thousands and thousands of posts, drib has thousands and thousands of posts as well - 10,000 characters averaging ten posts, or so, each.

On several occasions, by email, and by hidden post, drib has offered to stop creating new characters, the condition being that Cruise Critic had to tell him to stop. They didn't, and they probably won't. But the offer still stands ... I am told.

The outlaw drib apologizes in advance to all the Cruise Critic members who are annoyed by this and consider it nuisance posting.

images

"Likes" are not required, nor expected.

A little bit about this series though. The first strip is called "noobs." They are all first-time dribnuts, except for drib, of course. They are, in order: KenzSailing, heather feathers, Mr Luxury, Thane of Fife, Observer, Cruise-y and HUNKY. drib is a terrible artist and has no idea what these people look like. The second strip is all about bitob. Again, drib has no idea what she looks like - he just imagines her with stars in her eyes. And the third strip features two dribnuts alumni. They were popular in their day.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

cfc hates marcel proust!

Both Abe and Toulouse were banned this morning. The visitor block for each includes Host Hattie, who was a key player on the night of September 2, 2021, and CC Help Michell. So probably Hattie removed the posts and Michell banned the characters.

This is interesting:

The red banner at top is new, as in the explanation below. But how are Abe and Toulouse going to acknowledge this since they cannot log in?

And this ethical question: does this satisfy drib's demand that they communicate what the member did wrong?

To answer the above, I had to go back to June 17 and the Battle of the Seas.

So my answer is that it does not satisfy drib's demand because they did not write to these members as people.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

is this is the end?

I just found this is my mailbox:

So where do I begin?

Only 15 reminders?

Does this count as writing to me "as a person?" If so, then I guess I'm done.

The email is time-stamped at 6:16 am. I think this is subsequent to the banning. Should I now click on "acknowledge?" Does this message not infer that the ban will be lifted? I don't see how since Abe's been given 15 reminders and is banned indefinitely - although "indefinitely" is not "forever," by definition.

And should they be presenting advertisements to me in a person-to-person communique?

It's a flawed notification, yes, but is that enough to make it invalid?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

good drib hunting

I did a complete inventory of characters this morning. (It takes about an hour, so I don't do that very often.) In addition to Abe and Toulouse, these two characters were banned:

NickN.2

rickroll 2022

Both were virgins. rick roll 2022 never got the chance to Rick Roll, but one of my other characters did.

And I sent CFC yet another email asking for clarification if Abe could ever be restored if he acknowledges his ban notice.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

stay cool!

I prepared the following for my next post, but since I have to give CFC a reasonable time to respond to my email, I'll just add it to this dustbin of history:
I know that's my plan. {referring to the subject, "stay cool!," but also, I hope, double meaning}

Outlaw drib here. But not to worry, I'm not going to make the same post for the third time because that would violate the rules. My friend iamheisenberg did that once and they banned him for life. I didn't think that was quite fair. On the third post, he didn't know why the first two were removed. So he paraphrased it a bit, and then poof!, gone boy.

I'm going to borrow a page from punkys dilemma's playhouse of mixed metaphors and go to my mailbox.

Q. Why are all your cartoons based on Crystal posters?
A. They are mostly Crystal, but they are not exclusively Crystal. Even the original series had some Regent and Oceania characters. But the concept started in this forum (and it will end in this forum). The CC members here were generally supportive - even CC management was supportive at first ... but they got progressively darker.

If anyone would like to see what they look like as a dribnut, please ask, and I'll give it a try. I'll leave an address at the bottom of this post where you can write to me in private.

Q. What does Ray Donavan look like without his clothes on?
A. I asked Punky this, and he replied that Ray Donovan is an adonis, but not with that spelling. And I have a question for you, Curtis. Did you deliberately phrase that question to end in a preposition, because there are many other ways to express that? {it's written that way in case "naked" triggers moderation.}

Q. Is there any question that New Crystal will be a luxury line?
A. I think a lot of us question that. I thought it fell from the luxury category maybe five years ago when all the other luxury cruise lines were rolling out new ocean ships. However, I'm sure New Crystal will be very nice, and have excellent cuisine and service. It will be interesting to see what they do with the small cabins. If they can only fix one thing, I hope it's that they get rid of the tubs with the gross shower curtains!

And this note for Cruise Critic management, I hope you will continue this forum as it is now with no or few sticky topics!

Q. Do you dig jazz?
A. I do. here is one of my characters:

take five

And I think I did a Felonious (in tribute to Thelonious) Monk, or something, too, but I screwed up the password. I did that a lot in the old days. I also once did a nice dripsy to honor Jazzbeau if that counts.

I know some posters here are reluctant to even acknowledge the outlaw drib. But it's not against the rules, so I hope some brave souls will comment here.

If you also have a question, please write to me at askoutlawdrib at sign email dot com. Or if you just want to say hello, I'd be very happy to hear from you, even Curtis.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

white flag

Friendly Boats wrote:I wanted to take this opportunity to say goodbye (again) and thank you, to the wonderful members of the Crystal Forum.

I once made CC an offer that if they replied to me as a person, I would stop posting. And they kind of did, but at the very least, they greatly improved the notification process.

I hope no one else ever receives one of these:

... but it's confusing for so many reasons. So I asked for some clarification. It may take several days for that to happen, it being a holiday weekend, or it may never happen. And I don't expect them to honor this white flag. But the least I can do for them, for all they have done for me, is give up another one of my characters. They seem to have a hard time finding them on their own.

If anyone wants to email me, write this down quickly: askoutlawdrib at sign email dot com.
Friendly Boats

A couple of points about Friendly Boats: 1) His profile image leads to drib critic, and 2) his cover image is the outlaw drib taking a selfie at CFC headquarters in Ewing, New Jersey.

======

We've passed the 60 minute mark ...

... and gone

drib
dribnut
dribnut

you don't know squat

... which oddly is the same thing as knowing squat.

S. Cobbler

Squat Cobbler has left the surly bonds of Cruise Fucking Critic. I'm not sure how he was tracked down. I guess I'll have to take an inventory again.

The name comes from the TV drama Better Call Saul. You don't want to have his name in your google history, so you can just watch this here:

======

One thing odd about this one is that hey did not delete his posts. So maybe this is a one-off?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Please help this girl out!

please help this girl out

I am not the OP! I think it's obviously a male, and a drib-wannabe. Am I right or am I wrong?

I'm thinking about posting on it. I might lose a couple of characters, but maybe also buh-bye danddxfour.
danddxfour wrote:Hello Everyone! I am in need of some opinions on this topic. Am I right or am I wrong? I got married four months ago and before I married I had paid for a solo cruise a few years before I met my now husband. I went through a painful divorce and needed some time away, after it was over. Before we married, he knew I was going on the cruise and I wanted him to go with me. He and I would make jokes about us going togther, so I assumed he would. We finally got married and he is adament about not going. I know he is scared to death of the water and being out in the middle of the ocean frightens him more then I could explain. He has said he could have a heart attack or stroke. I'm having a hard time understanding how scared he is, that he won't go on the week long cruise. He rather me go all alone. I have no one else, that can go with me. I've told him we just got married and I want him to be with me, but he doesnt want to go, so I am forced to go for a whole week alone.

Is it wrong for me to be upset with him? Please help with advice. I don't want to force him by making him feel bad because I'm that upset. I just want my husband to be with me, like other wives. It's not like a few hours away. Thanks everyone!
Flatbush Flyer wrote: Beyond telling him to “snap out of it” (that actually works with some folks) or canceling the cruise, you could always go with the original solo plan or find a girlfriend to accompany you.

That said, this may be a harbinger of things to come (that have nothing to do with cruising). Thus, you could suggest that you can live with him not going on the cruise as long as he agrees to go to counseling if for no other reason than to work together on how best to handle such disagreements (hint: compromise is only a temporary bandaid).
Nice Moonstruck reference.
travelingman wrote: How would you feel if you reversed positions with him? Would you want to go if you were deathly afraid of the water and the thought of being out in the middle of the ocean puts terror in your heart?

If he is that afraid of the water and he would be in a state of terror while on the water, do you really think he would enjoy it?

I can understand you wanting him to go but at the same time I understand his position also. Does he love you enough that he would go on the cruise anyway? Or, do you love him enough that you will not force (coerce) him to go with you?

Would it be better to go by yourself and try to find some other solo travelers to hang out with?

Or, would it be better for you to ditch the cruise, try to recover any money you can o

just eat the money that is already spent and spend the time with your new husband?

This is not about who is right or wrong.

The answers to the above can only be answered by the two of you.

I know with my wife's motion sickness issues I would never ask her to go on an ocean cruise that was not in mostly protected waters. She know there are a couple of cruises I would like to go on that she would never attempt and she is fine if I decide to go by myself.

Stan
Keep it short, will you Stan?
broberts wrote:Respect his fear. It has nothing to do with you. Don't make the issue a measure of love.
The Dread Pirate broberts?
chengkp75 wrote:Didn't realize that Dr. Phil was part of CC now!!

This is not a "marital disagreement", or an irrational idea that he can "snap out of", it is likely a deep rooted phobia that nothing you can do will relieve, and only long therapy could possibly alleviate.

I have a life long phobia about heights. It is not something that I can rationally explain, nor is it something that I can "snap out of". My wife understands that phobias are not logical, nor easy to overcome, and so when she wants to do something and I hang back, she is supportive of me.

The only thing you could possibly be upset with him about is not being forthcoming about his phobia, though from your comments it's not clear when you learned that he is "scared to death of the water", or why you thought that being on a ship surrounded by water would not lead him to be scared to death.
chengkp75, such a yente!
Flatbush Flyer wrote: No Dr Phil in the room. And no need to bore you to death with appropriate credentials.

Of course the husband’s fear may be very real and lifelong. But, there are all sorts of therapeutic modalities (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy comes to mind) where successful results can certainly catalyze “Aha!” experiences that, in essence over time, contribute to changes in perception and behavior related to fears.
Though not necessarily occurring with a single intervention (I.e., literally interpreting “snap out of it”), it is possible for people to overcome such fears. And “snap out of it” is just another “urban colloquial” way of telling someone they need to seek help.

In any case, most of our collective answers so far have laid out the same basic options short of a disastrous “go or else.”

That said, I stand by my “harbinger” comment. With comments like ...painful divorce and I'm having a hard time understanding how scared he is...., seeking relationship-related advice on a cruise chat-room is not exactly an efficacious way to handle her concern. And couples counseling (even for a brief course) could help refinement of the relationship skills that would’ve made the initial post unnecessary.
ldubs wrote:You asked for opinions. I say you are wrong to try and justify your side of this argument from a cruise fan base like this forum. Cancel the cruise and do something else exciting and fun together as wife and husband. Enjoy!
spleenstomper wrote: Well, you can’t make him go so that’s out. Forget getting angry or upset. It’s not worth it.

Your choices are: going solo as planned or find someone to add to your cabin or cancel the cruise. Choose one.

good luck.
Can't make him go? Really? Make him an offer he can't refuse.
chengkp75 wrote:Sorry, wasn't comparing you to him, just that a poster was asking a "Dr. Phil" type question and seeking relationship advice here on CC.
ColeThornton wrote:I would ask this on the Oprah forum.
Smmessineo wrote: This post belongs on the reddit forum "Am I the A***ole".

Typical over the top first post.

So, the OP books a solo cruise after a rough divorce ( did she leave him because he wouldn't skydive?). Now she met new guy, married him, somehow doesn't know about this crippling fear of his, and has this teenage romantic view of having to be a couple every moment, even if it kills him. The poor guy
Oh fuck, Flatbush and Cheng going extremely off-topic here. I will omit.

======

The original poster came back and post seven more times. danddxfour post count is nine, but only shows eight, which leads me to believe that one was moderated. There was nothing interesting in any of the new posts - most were thank you's.

I still think danddxfour is a male, and a shill.

If I were going to post, it would be with one of my characters who has been married many times. He would probably recommend that she take the cruise with her ex-husband, with whom she went through a painful divorce. My character would point out that he always got along with his wives once they were exes, and that sex with an ex is a rewarding experience.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Please help this girl out! continued

Some posts were removed, minimally, Flatbush and Cheng going off-topic.

Late last night, it got interesting again.
Martina plus one wrote:My opinion only ... you should cancel the cruise altogether.

All you've lost is a cruise.
donaldsc wrote:I will be blunt. There are lots of sites on the WEB where your post would be appropriate. Cruise Critic is not one of them. This thread should be shut down and removed.
Get off my lawn!
Martina plus one wrote:Well, I think the content here is about cruising, and it's in the correct forum. Maybe there's too much detail there, but from what I read on Cruise Citric, that's normal.

And it engaged ten different members.

It could very well be that the whole thing is a scam, but so what?
Martina is not wrong. Am I right?

======

The two posts from donaldsc and Martina plus one are gone now.

Over moderation, but at least ironic in the case of donaldsc.

By the way, I believe Martina plus one was quoting from Better Caul Saul with her three last words.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

please delete these characters

Email to CFC that finally proved they read my emails!
the outlaw drib wrote:S. Cobbler was purged last week. He was one of several with a "Better Call Saul" theme*, his full name being Squat Cobbler. (Don't Google that!) As such, I want to surrender the others.

Better Call Al

biznatch

Model 60

I thought there were more, but I'm drawing a blank. Feeling old now, but tf I think of the others later, I'll get back to you.

-David