This is the Title, Part 2

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

This is the Title, Part 2

Post: # 2672Post drib »

And so it begins ... again.

Crystal Cruises refund on Asia sailings
traveldoc1 wrote:This is a copy of the letter I sent to Mr. Wolber, CEO of Crystal:

My Wife and I are passengers on the planned Crystal Cruise titled Spice Route Sojourn expected to depart Singapore on April 23, 2020. We are in a group of friends, many who are also physicians, who have traveled extensively over the years and were greatly anticipating our cruise from Singapore to Dubai. The corona virus (COVID-19), obviously has us quite concerned and Crystal Cruises response has us even more worried. As a physician still in active practice the thought of being away from my patients an additional 2 weeks should we need to be quarantined would be a disaster for my practice. Having been in discussion with the CDC and followed their podcasts and bulletins, their feeling is that this virus has not yet peaked and the incubation period is variable, even extending to 24 days. The number of cases keeps increasing daily as does the death toll. The lack of concern by Crystal Cruises is quite disconcerting.

Even more amazing to us is the fact that Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines have already canceled cruises through April and Crystal has refused to acknowledge that there is a problem. Crystal has always been the line that the other cruise lines are compared to and sadly those cruise lines now are saying that Crystal could care less about there passengers and are only interested in the bottom line. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, as well as Princess have offered a full refund and a 25% discount on a future cruise. Why would Crystal risk the lives of people traveling to southeast Asia.

If you want to be the premiere line you have always aspired to be, I believe it is time to step up to the plate and offer refunds to those future passengers who have put their trust in Crystal as their cruise line. Please do the right thing and offer the refunds now rather than waiting until it is too late to make other plans. My wife and I want to travel with Crystal again but this inaction is leaving us to wonder what type of cruise line Crystal has become.
alwaysonaship wrote:Since no one can or will respond to your comments I will. Totally agree with your post. It is wrong, but apparently you and a few others see it differently. I just paid a bill for a cancelled Crystal cruise that they won’t refund. Frankly I think it is a serious cash flow problem.

Good wishes and it would be nice if customers were treated as valued.

How can alwaysonaship agree with the post while saying that post's author sees it differently?



The video, above, is dedicated to that wonderful writer, KenzSailing, on that other message board.

Continuing ...
mogilevk9 wrote:My husband and I are also scheduled to be on this sailing, Singapore to Dubai April 23rd. We share your views regarding Crystal’s current attitude towards its passengers. He recently posted the following on Crystal Society Family.

All other major cruise lines apart from Crystal have now pulled Asia. Cunard altered the itinerary of the Queen Elizabeth the other day. From a health perspective why would you want to fly people in and out of Singapore and risk just one person contracting Covid 19 and taking it aboard Crystal Symphony thereby exposing all onboard to the rapid spread that we know this disease has. Is it fair to place a strain a on a country's healthcare system that is trying to protect it's own citizens. One only has to look at Japan and the strain placed on them with the Diamond Princess issue. Throughout my professional career I have dealt with the management of emergency and crisis situations, what you do not do is make it worse by adding more people into an avoidable situation.
gaspari wrote:Quite agree with you. So disappointing that they have continued to behave so inconsiderately and unprofessionally. Many organisations have really stepped up to the plate and gone over and beyond what they were legally required to do in this unfortunate situation. Not Crystal, who seem incapable of doing the decent thing.
OzKiwiJJ wrote:I came across this comment in an article:

'WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Thursday. “This virus is very dangerous and it’s public enemy number one and it’s not being treated as such.”'

He was referring to some countries not treating it seriously enough but could easily apply to Crystal as well.
cruiseonecer wrote:... And then along came doomsayer OzKiwiJJ.
Ruh-Roh

======

No old posts removed after two days and many new posts.

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Effective Immediately

Post: # 2747Post drib »

From that other message board, a banner, displayed globally:

"Effective Immediately: Do not post about Coronavirus on Roll Calls if you aren't sailing on that cruise!!"

Is that like "Do not disturb the animals in their cages?" Your own cage - fine. In a public place - fine. But in your own cage, you can only disturb yourselves.

scuba diver from cc
full tank
full tank
Posts: 10011
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: This is the Title, Part 2

Post: # 2749Post scuba diver from cc »

Why would you post on a "Roll Call" that you are not on?

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Why would you post on a "Roll Call" that you are not on?

Post: # 2752Post drib »

First, scuba diver, congratulations on your 10,000th post! (Appropriately, your rank is now "full tank!")

Second, I often post on roll calls where I don't have a booking; never because of the coronavirus, but because I have information to share about their cruise. (I don't know if you've noticed, but I have a lot of data, on thousands of itineraries, several ships, and three cruise lines, and I'm only booked on three future cruises!)

Today, I cancelled a future cruise on Oceania, and I posted about it on the roll call because I wanted them to know that our tour guide was now available for someone else to book. I noted on that post, in the edit reason, because I like that as a style, that I am now prohibited from talking about coronavirus there! (That was intended as a joke!)

Third, I mentioned that message, from that other cruise message board, because I thought they were overreaching. The message is global - a big red banner at the top of the page - and it's tracked with cookies. And the transgression they are trying to prevent is not provable because no one on a roll call is required to present their cruise documents.

If there actually is a problem with some posters harassing others, in a roll call, or otherwise, then they should handle that as they always do, with a warning or a suspension.

Anyway, it's not clear if you have a position on the matter, or are just asking, but it is my wont not to short-change my valued posters with my opinions.

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

World Cruise 2023

Post: # 2755Post drib »

This is a test; this is only a test.
drib wrote:In 2016, I wrote these fearless predictions on some other message board:

things that will happen before crystal has a new ocean ship
  • two US presidential elections
  • six super bowls
  • the San Diego Chargers will have a new stadium
  • Apple will release iPhone 16
  • driver-less cars will be common on Earth
  • a Tesla will be launched into space
I meant it only as an observation, but if there is a new ship in 2023, it's pretty much spot on - just one more Super Bowl and maybe another iPhone version
The original post, by the way is here:

viewtopic.php?p=8

Only the eighth post ever on drib critic!

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Re: Effective Immediately

Post: # 2756Post drib »

drib wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:31 pm
From that other message board, a banner, displayed globally:

"Effective Immediately: Do not post about Coronavirus on Roll Calls if you aren't sailing on that cruise!!"
Today's global red banner: "Please look for and post on existing Corona Virus threads before posting a new one. Thank you"

Better.

======

Actually, the new global message is an orange banner! And the red one is still there with the original contentious message.

scuba diver from cc
full tank
full tank
Posts: 10011
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: This is the Title, Part 2

Post: # 2760Post scuba diver from cc »

It is like seeing a sign that says "Wet Paint". What do you do?

User avatar
Ponzi
greenlandic garden weasel
greenlandic garden weasel
Posts: 65024
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:52 am

Re: This is the Title, Part 2

Post: # 2763Post Ponzi »

scuba diver from cc wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:21 pm
It is like seeing a sign that says "Wet Paint". What do you do?
I don't know.....maybe not touch the object to which said sign is attached? Or, if you wish to be painted, do touch?

It seems that there has been a trend of late of shaming and ridiculing people that are choosing to go on their cruises, implying that they will be bringing disease back to their home towns and infecting the old folks, etc. I have noticed that some of these posts have been quickly removed, I get an email about a new post on a subscribed thread, and when I go to that thread, poof, the post is no longer there. Perhaps the other board overlords are trying to prevent such behavior on roll calls. I don't know whether the thought police patrol the roll calls to the extent that they do on other forums.

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

tradition!

Post: # 2766Post drib »

Ponzi, here's a little history about "This is the Title."

Member iamheisenberg, from that other message board, used to save posts he thought might get deleted, in their test forum, in a thread by that subject name, "This is the Title." It was all done in plain view, and went undetected for about two years. Note that anything posted in their test forum does not show up in searches - so they were also not listed as activity in a user's profile, because that's a search - and they were not counted in the member's total post count.

Eventually, that thread was discovered - I think by The Secret Moderator (TSM), because TSM posted there the same day as "This is the Title" was removed - and iamheisenberg started using drib critic to continue his subversive activity. Note that iamheisenberg was not also removed from that other message board along with that thread. He was removed maybe a year or so later, for nuisance posting.

I can't be sure of iamheisenberg's motivtion, but I suppose it was opposition to censorship, and also for posterity. (His biggest regret was that he was unable to save the full text about TSM's hoagie, which is now legendary.)

Anyway, if you are so inclined, you are welcome to copy from your emails and paste those posts here. It's a great tradition.


User avatar
mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 pm

Four Dead Passengers Aboard HAL ship sailing toward Ft Lauderdale

Post: # 2868Post mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) »

I know that I'm totally offended by this video from a HAL ship, and I hope you will be too.


scuba diver from cc
full tank
full tank
Posts: 10011
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: This is the Title, Part 2

Post: # 2870Post scuba diver from cc »

I am sure that I can find some reason to be offended, however, right now I am laughing too hard.

User avatar
mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: This is the Title, Part 2

Post: # 2873Post mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) »

scuba diver from cc wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 am
I am sure that I can find some reason to be offended, however, right now I am laughing too hard.
:cheers:

User avatar
mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 pm

Long time before cruising resumes

Post: # 2874Post mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) »

O Forum, selected quotes:
Paulchili wrote:I guess to our Dear Leader's disappointment, the church pews will not be packed with joyful celebrants on Easter- nor will his empty hotels, golf resorts and spas be full with guests - the real reason why he is so anxious to get back to normal ASAP.
pingpong1 wrote:Can we please leave individual political leanings and biases at the door, before entering this room?
Paulchili wrote:"Just the facts, ma'am"
clo wrote:It's not like you're making this up.
StanandJim wrote:+1
A large part of their plan is to make it uncomfortable for us to speak about their tactics.

notice how uncomfortable those conversations are becoming-
drib wrote:When you elect a flim-flam man,
Expect to be both flimmed and flammed,
Until all that flim-flam hits the fan.

And when that flam affects your cruise,
Talk about it, if you choose.
"What have you got to lose?"
StanandJim wrote:
The Virus is messy
Dear Leader says he was right
Rough Hombres get rough Stuff
Hmmm, if that was meant as a Haiku, it should be 5-7-5, not 6-7-6.
ORV wrote:Actually this situation is too entwined with our political climate to leave it out.

Truth is truth, not bias. On the other hand politics, like religion shouldn't really be discussed here. Beautiful, perfect.

Carry on.
clo wrote:The older I get the more my personal ethics are at times - I'm not perfect - influencing my buying decisions.
LHT28 wrote:Guess your ethic have not caught up to computers & cell phones
Look at all those dying making these items
Something to add to your boycott
ORV wrote:Man, it's hard to live in this world we have today.

Reminds me of the time I asked a Red Hatted, buy American fella if he'd rather have a Chevy made in Mexico City or a Toyota made in Mississippi? Can you say globalization boys and girls?

User avatar
mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 pm

© drib

Post: # 2875Post mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) »

Drib, on that other message board, wrote this in reply to to StanandJim's attempted haiku* post:

six seven and six
StanandJim follow no rules
like on board credit

It was deleted. Not the other political posts, just this one.

Could it be because he put "© drib" in the edit reason?

Image


* I know, there's someone out there who will argue that a haiku does not have to be 5-7-5, so don't fucking lecture me about haikus, Ponzi.

scuba diver from cc
full tank
full tank
Posts: 10011
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: This is the Title, Part 2

Post: # 2876Post scuba diver from cc »

Our Splendor cruise was canceled and we have not been on the Explorer so we have not had the chance to dine in the Pacific Rim. I am not sure what a Haiku is our how it is cooked.

User avatar
mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 pm

haiku u

Post: # 2877Post mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) »

a japanese poem
is food and drink for the soul
it tastes like chicken 

Traditionally, the haiku is 17 syllables in the pattern 5, 7, 5. But it's a poem, you know, so the rules are flexible, like jazz is to music.

Drib says that, after dinning in Pacific Rim on Explorer, it's now his favorite specialty restaurant on any ship. Red Ginger, on some Oceania ships, is also excellent, he says. And he likes the Nobu restaurants on Crystal ships more than he likes them on land. (He thinks Nobu is skating on his reputation with little innovation, though, like Crystal, in general.)

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Crystal still hasn't processed my 5 figure refund from a cancellation in February

Post: # 2895Post drib »

Did someone say Ponzi?
BookLover102 wrote:Had an Asian centric cruise cancelled in February that was set to sail in early March. Despite Crystal's promise to provide a complete refund of the amount, I still have yet to receive a refund. Hopefully the solvency of Crystal is not impacting its processing of these refunds.

They have not responded to my repeated inquiries.

My patience is wearing thin. If Crystal can take deposits for future cruises via credit card, they certainly can process refunds just as easily.

There are a variety of reasons as to why they aren't, but one that can be financially injurious to me is if they don't have the working capital to process them.
Roland4 wrote:As someone who is also expecting a "five figure refund", I would suggest you survey the various Cruise Critic threads on the Crystal board (along with the other Luxury line boards) where the timing issues have been discussed ad nauseum. The entire cruise industry has adopted the 60 to 90 time frame for processing refunds.
BookLover102 wrote:Roland, since you seem to be possessed of superior information about the status of refunds, why is it that Crystal is immediately processing credit card deposits for future cruises? Since you might have insight into Crystal's financial health, do they have the balance sheet to give refunds without the benefit of receivables from future bookings? In my field, we call that a ponzi scheme.

As an aside, I don't care about the refund policy of CCL or RCL; they don't have my money. My contract was and is with Crystal.
crickette wrote:If you don't wish to read the dozens of pages on this site related to cancellations, I urge you to read the relevant page from the Crystal website.
caroak wrote:I cancelled our cruise on March 4 and was told by Crystal it was processed on March 16. It's now three weeks since being processed and we still have not received our "five figure refund". Have to wonder why the lag time from being processed to Crystal actually releasing the funds.:classic_huh:
BookLover102 wrote:First, that update is from almost three weeks ago. Has anyone gotten a refund? You would think that if they have to "manually" process the request, that this person(s) surely has issued some refunds? If so, who has gotten their refunds? And isn't it odd that they can immediately process a payment TO them, but when they need to MAKE a payment it is "manually" done and won't be done for 90 days?

So, has Crystal processed any refunds? If so, what was the date of cancellation?

Is it one person in some back office somewhere in Crystal's office that is processing these refunds?

I understand that Crystal is desperate for liquidity, but doesn't their excuse seem at least a little peculiar to those who are waiting on their refunds?
The-Inside-Cabin wrote:It doesn't seem peculiar at all. They are fighting for their existence. I would patient. I want them to survive so I can give them more business in the future.
resistk wrote:Unfortunately I have had to file credit card disputes because of pending deadlines. By pushing the refund timeframe back so far Crystal has brought on this problem. I assume they have done so knowing there will be chargebacks and disputes but have no choice due to cash flow issues. If you read the other forums like Cunard and Princess, you will see passengers are in the same position. It seems very doubtful the cruise industry will be back to normal this Summer or Fall unless a miracle occurs. From where will Crystal get the money to pay refunds?
KenzSailing wrote:I simply cannot believe we're subject to another thread on this fine whine.
BookLover102 wrote:I understand loyalty to Crystal Cruise, which is understandable. Once this pandemic is over, we all want our lives to return to some semblance of normalcy. Crystal's employees undoubtedly have families to feed, etc. However, I also have a family to feed. While your desire to have them survive is altruistic, I prefer the financial well-being of my family to take precedence. I am not judging your desire to enjoy future cruises. We all need our center.

With respect to the peculiarity of Crystal telling its customers the refunds are on their way, with no refunds in sight: How do you justify any corporation lying to the public as normal, pandemic or no pandemic? To me if we have devolved so much as a society that you would accept blatant corporate falsehoods as being non-peculiar (normal?) more harm will come of that than from any virus.

Joan Didion wrote a wonderful series of essays entitled "Slouching Towards Bethlehem", the title lifted from a Yeats poem about a coming apocalypse; prescient, perhaps, that I had at first thought, in coming to-and posting to -this forum, of entitling it "Slouching Towards Bankruptcy". I encourage everyone to read them, they make lovely reading on a starlit deck. In particular, her essay written when she was aged 20, in which she, borrowing from Yeats again, wrote the center cannot hold.
The-Inside-Cabin wrote:Sorry to hear about your financial situation. This outfit may be able to help
BookLover102 wrote:Thank you for the link. For some reason, you interpreted the financial well-being of my family as my needing food assistance. A peculiar assumption, but given your proclivity to want Crystal to lie about its refunds in the hopes that you can cruise again with them, not surprising. Your snark skills our admirable. Hopefully if you plan to cruise with Crystal, based on you and your spouse's body type (if your profile picture is really you), please keep in mind that diabetes is a potentially lethal comorbidity of Covid-19.

As for the link, although it will not help my family, I will forward it on to some that it might.
Starting to get interesting.

The over/under on this is ten hours ... starting now. (9:33 pm PDT)
SkystheLimit wrote:{responding to KenzSailing} Assuming you don't have much money invested to be reimbursed.
Keith1010 wrote:Regardless of anyone's opinion from this board about Crystal, Genting, processing times, how many threads there have been on this subject and just about anything else that has already been posted, this is the processing time for refunds which has been communicated by Crystal Cruises and can be found on their website.
Keith1010 taking a stand against redundancy. Imagine that.

User avatar
bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 57123
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:08 am
Location: Sydney

Re: This is the Title, Part 2

Post: # 2896Post bodogbodog »

Can’t see that lot lasting but at least it’s better then the people playing Doctor and Nurses on the Crystal
& Corona thread - so much expertise (self appointed) decides to post on the Crystal forums 😱
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises
Jan 2021 - Crystal Serenity - Los Angeles to Brisbane - 21 days
June 2021 - Crystal Serenity - London to Stockholm - 25 days
Sept 2021 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo - 19 days
Feb 2022 - Crystal Serenity - Los Angeles to Auckland - 19 days
and a few more

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Re: Crystal still hasn't processed my 5 figure refund from a cancellation in February

Post: # 2897Post drib »

drib wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 pm
Did someone say Ponzi?
The-Inside-Cabin wrote:Sorry to hear about your financial situation. This outfit may be able to help
BookLover102 wrote:Thank you for the link. For some reason, you interpreted the financial well-being of my family as my needing food assistance. A peculiar assumption, but given your proclivity to want Crystal to lie about its refunds in the hopes that you can cruise again with them, not surprising. Your snark skills our admirable. Hopefully if you plan to cruise with Crystal, based on you and your spouse's body type (if your profile picture is really you), please keep in mind that diabetes is a potentially lethal comorbidity of Covid-19.
The over/under on this is ten hours ... starting now. (9:33 pm PDT)
The two posts above have been removed, so the unders win!

Still, surprising that they are going to allow the Ponzi scheme references.

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Travel Agent "Courtesy"

Post: # 2906Post drib »

SimpleSailor2 wrote:I can't be too specific. No hurt feelings and such. Recent Regent cruise was cancelled while we were onboard. Took 100% refund offer from Regent for days not sailed. Waiting for refund.

TA has not given us our agreed upon "courtesy" saying it will now be adjusted (downward) because we didn't complete all the days onboard.

I thought TA's received their commission when we made full payment. Do they have to refund their commission or portion of to Regent for the adjustments? I think some guests received their "courtesy's" when the trip started. Others when it ends. Ours ended, but no sign of "courtesy" as agreed upon prior to trip. Not sure how to handle this with our TA. We're pretty new at cruising and new to using TA's. Some seasoned advice and thoughts would be really appreciated.
JMARINER wrote:AFAIK, if you paid your final, then the Agent got paid the full commission. Even if you received a partial "cash' refund because the trip was discontinued, the Agents full commission based on the final payment amount was protected.

I think your Agent is BS'ing you. Make them prove that Regent made them payback their (partial) commission. If they don't then please "out" them for gouging.
RachelG wrote:I agree with jmariner. I am really sure the agent gets paid the full commission prior to you starting your cruise. It has nothing to do with completing the cruise.
Anchorbuoy wrote:I posted this on another thread:

The Regent policy from my TA (at least in the US) is:

"....we are protecting 100% of your commissions on any voyage we voluntarily suspended as well as protecting 100% of your commissions for any cancellations under Regent Reassurance..... we are also protecting commissions on the 100% Future Cruise Credits when you rebook your clients through the end of 2022. This includes those made for bookings canceled by our temporary suspension of operations or for those earned under Regent Reassurance."
cruiseluv wrote:Good luck with this, your agent sounds shady. Going forward I suggest you get an agent who gives their "courtesy" rebate before the cruise starts. Both agencies I've dealt with send the rebate weeks before the cruise
I'm interested in other views on this.

I returned my rebate from the March 14 cancelled Splendor cruise because I asked for a refund instead of a future cruise credit. And I'm pretty sure that I use the same travel agent, KLT, as some of these posters. But I never thought of them as shady. In fact I thought they were exactly opposite of that - very up front about everything - consistently sending out cash rebates several weeks before embarkation.
boblerm wrote:I also get my rebate with my cruise documents. On April 5, I received an email from the accounting department of my agency, asking me to send back the rebate for my cancelled cruise. I replied to them quoting the information that Anchorbouy mentioned above, and asking that in light of this information, they would provide me with a rationale for my returning this money. I have not yet heard from them.

I should note that this agency has a very good reputation, I would be happy to refund this money if it was causing them a financial loss. But as far as I am concerned, the ball is in their court, and I have no intention in refunding anything until their request is justified.
Yes, that's the same boblerm as this:
Image
ronrick1943 wrote:I agree with all, Regent will always protect the TA. At this point I'd say it's time for a new TA and don't look back.
papaflamingo wrote:I'm confused... you are getting 100% refund for days not sailed from Regent, and you but you want 100% of your "courtesy" back? Wouldn't that actually give you MORE money than you originally paid? Or am I completely missing the problem?
SimpleSailor2 wrote:If my TA gets a commission based on our cruise fare and Regent guarantees that 100% then the same courtesy should be applied to the guest. If our TA gave us the courtesy when your documents were sent, they would not ask for a refund of the money. The courtesy is an agreement between the TA and client, it is spelled out in our statement from their office which also included the travel insurance. So all monies are noted including what's paid and what's agreed upon. My point is, if the TA makes a commitment, they should honor it. However, if they lost a percentage of their commission and had to pay back Regent, I would not expect the full amount either. Since they are keeping the full commission, they should honor their commitment to us. That courtesy has nothing to do with our refund from Regent. This is an agreement between the TA and us.

I wanted to know when the commissions were paid and when fellow cruisers received their courtesy. I think from the feedback, our TA had the money long ago and a reduction in our benefit (which they offered and I never asked for) is petty and arbitrary on the part of the TA. Thank to each of you for enlightening me.
alidor wrote:Regent gives commission shortly after final payment has gone in, EXCEPT for some sailings. For holiday sailings, round the world sailings, commission is not given until the passenger starts actually sailing.
papaflamingo wrote:Sorry, I'm not trying to be contentious, I really don't seem to be following your logic. Can you use hypothetical numbers please? For example, as I seem to understand, you paid...say....$10,000 for a 10 day cruise. Your TA gives you a 10% "courtesy," so $1000 back. So your net cost for the cruise would be $9,000. So, Regent cancels on day 5 (half way). Regent refunds you $5,000, or 50% of what you paid. Your TA wants to prorate the "courtesy" and give you 50% of it back, or $500. So your net refund is $5500. But you want the other $500 back? Is this the case or am I totally missing your point?
Pcardad wrote:This thread is so much more fun to read when you substitute the word "kickback" for "courtesy"...

Note - this is HUMOR, if you don't have a sense of it please reply to the Regent Refund thread instead.
fizzy wrote:Ahh...very on point! This plays into the "Regent never discounts" statement.....except they do....with a wink and a nod....for those who know how to work it.
wripro wrote:Or the word Greed.
SimpleSailor2 wrote:Let's take Regent out of this discussion simply to clarify my point. Besides, this is an agreement between my TA and myself and has nothing to do with the cruise line.

Let's say the TA gets the their commission, 100%, no deductions for the cruise ending early (which we know if the case). Then the TA turns around and wants to deduct 50% of what she contracted with me. On what basis is the TA making this deduction? Why would they reduce my rebate when they received their full commission? If the TA took a hit, I would too. They didn't, so why should I?

I think it's good business to keep commitments and honor agreements. I am not asking for more. I am simply asking for them to do the right thing and not try to make that extra "50%" off of an extenuating circumstance.
Bigdogwon wrote:Your TA is not a very professional one, if I give a client shipboard credit or part of my commission to offset the balance of the cruise its yours to keep. I would personally never ask for anything back from a client, its just good business. At least now you know not to use that agency.
blacksmith wrote:I agree with Simple Sailor. If this situation ended up in court, I believe the “victim” would end up being Regent. The only party not fulfilling their contract appears to be the TA. I’m not an attorney.

Post Reply