punkys big adventure

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
drib
dribnut
dribnut

punkys big adventure

Page 1

1. Punky: On the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, in the third minute, of the seventh hour, I, Punkys dilemma, am posting to announce that I booked a Crystal cruise, and will be live blogging about it in this forum. I bet the mean boys didn't think that I would do it, but I did. I even paid for it, in full, on three credit cards.

That said, my only dilemma today is what to pack for my big adventure!

Also I want to make note of today being Veterans Day, so here's a quick thank you to all you Vets out there. Thank you!

2. boblerm: On the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, in the eleventh minute, of the eleventh hour, I, boblerm. welcome you to Crystal!

Congratulations on sticking it to the mean boys!

When and to where is your cruise? That might help for packing recommendation. Looking forward to following your blog.

+1 on your thank you to the vets!

3. May B: And to think that you did it less than a month after joining Cruise Critic!

Very exciting. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

4. freddyflounder: following ...

Go Punky!

I mean have a nice trip.

5. Punky: Thank you, May B.

I may be new to posting, but I am not new to Cruise critic, so I know that you are its nicest contributor. I hope that I don't let you down.

6. Punky: Thank you, freddyflounder.

I may not thank everyone individuality going forward, but I need some post counts for my street cred.

Oh no!

You're not going to believe what just happened! I'll give you an update tomorrow, if I am able.

7. Eight_Paws: I hope it is something awesome like an upgrade offer 😊

8. HarrytheHorse: I have a tip for all of you: don't bet on the horses.

9. Eight_Paws: Aw Harry, I'd bet on you..

10. Helene the Horse: You don't want to bet on Harry. He cheats. And he's not the stud he thinks he is.

I like your dogs.

11. barryboatman: I think May B what HarrytheHorse is getting at is that old adage that horse sense is the quality that keeps horses from betting on people.

12. Eight_Paws: Helene-- I like your sense of humor!

(our dogs are our 4-legged kiddos -- they have us wrapped around their little paws 🐶❤️)

13. citric bird: TMI, IMHO.

14. Punky: Oh no, it happened again!

But first, I want to finish thanking everyone.

Thank you so much, Eight_Paws. And such great looking puppies!

Harry and Helene, the Horses. Thank you both for being here. I just did some snooping, and it seems to me that this is not some jovial chance meeting. I think perhaps there are some issues here, and maybe we should talk about it. Maybe here. Maybe now. You make such a nice couple of horses. I don't want to see you guys break up. Take that cruise together and work it out!

Welcome barryboatman, and thank you. I like your new look, but I also liked your former mustachioed look. It was like a mustache bridge to the 70s.

Cirtic bird! Have you ever considered a mustache?

Did I forget anyone? Okay ... new post.

15. Punky: Yesterday, I was sitting at my computer desk, writing this very blog - and you can't get any more live than this - when suddenly, I heard a tremendous popping sound coming from my closet. Wouldn't you know it, it was a major water balloon accident!

I had placed the balloon securely in an old hat box on the shelf above all my hanging clothes. It exploded, leaked through the hat box, and started dripping all over. All my clothes that I might have otherwise taken on my Crystal cruise now ruined. What a dilemma!

Today, just before I started to write this, a second water balloon explosion, on the other side of the closet, and more damage to my wardrobe. I may have to stop live blogging.

But the good news is that I was just approved for a new Discover card that I can use to purchase new clothes. And even better, Discover is going to give me an extra 1% back at the end of the year, maybe just in time for a second Crystal cruise.

I want to thank you all again for your interest, for your likes, and also your implied likes from all the cliquish readers who don't think I belong on this very classy ship, albeit it only fifth in luxury among all cruise lines. I can't afford those other lines!

16. freddyflounder: Punky, I don't understand. It's just water. Won't most of it dry out, and can't some of it be cleaned?

17. Punky: The balloons were filled with squid ink.

18. Eight_Paws: C'mon now Punky, everyone knows you keep your squid ink balloons either under the sink or in the garage! 😉

19. barryboatman: You didn't say exactly, but I'm guessing that this (below) is your itinerary, on May 13 through May 29.

{image}

It will be pretty toasty. I'm sure that you will get a lot of advice from the minions about what to wear.

I regret that my partner and I will miss you ever so slightly. We will be on the next cruise, round-trip to Hawaii, from Los Angeles.

20. Punky: No, that's not the one.

And I want to thank May B, again, just because.

21. Punky: {to #18} Don't judge me!

Thank you for your comment, though. 🤩

22. May B: {to #5} Awwww shucks. What a beautiful thing to say!

I am confident that you will delight me. 😀

23. May B: {to #21} I love this post!

24. HarrytheHorse {to #14 about taking a cruise with Helene} I would do this, but only in an upgraded cabin.

25. citric bird: I think that you two should take a lesson from these guys

{video}

Hey, Punky, when are you going to end the suspense and tell us when you are cruising?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: punkys big adventure

This doesn't come until later in Punky's Big Adventure (PBA), but I'm posting it early so that I don't forget that I saved this image:

Note that notdrib's avatar is courtesy of @boblerm. He is very good with the Photoshop! Unfortunately, boblerm is not a member of drib critic, so he will probably never know he got some attribution here.

And then also, this quick story:

A funny thing happened on the way to the Crystal Forum.

I created most of my characters (there was more than just one lunatic posting there) in PBA months ago. Each character was created with their own backstory, and the concept was always that they would start out spread all over Cruise Fucking Critic, and somehow all meet in one thread. I never thought that the thread would be The Floataway Lounge.

The Floataway Lounge is a very peculiar Forum. First, you have to be logged-in to get there. (I understand why they do that for Roll Calls, but I don't understand why Floataway.) And Second, they don't one-up your post count there. Why?

Anyway, PBA was original posted in the Crystal Forum, and I guess it was not well received there, so a moderator decided to solve the problem by moving it to to die in the Floataway Lounge. Well, I lost some interest in PBA after that, although it picked up again a couple of weeks ago. And then, it started to turn darker and more sexual more quickly. I completely understand why it was purged yesterday.

In all, I lost 41 characters yesterday. My initial count was 40, but I forgot about this one:

iheartcchj, profile in courage

I created it as a tribute to CC Help Jenn, whom I really, really like - in the emoji sense. iheartcchj was always meant to fly under the radar, but I really had no choice in that. Some of my characters were "restricted" upon creation, meaning that all their content had to be approved by a moderator. I could post with them, but the post would not show immediately - within a few days a moderator would approve or disapprove of the post.

I think I had six or seven characters marked as restricted. All but one was eventually removed from restriction for making good posts under probation. Sometimes it took one post, sometimes more, and I still have one character on restriction after several posts.

iheartcchj never posted, though. I knew that if the moderator reviewed the post that the character would be banned. However, iheartcchj occasionally "liked" posts - for some reason there was no restriction to liking. And then I discovered an unusual thing about that - none of your likes made before your first real post show up as activity in your profile.

When CC Help Jenn they (presumably) banned ihearcchj, she also removed the profile cover image, which was this:

And so it goes.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Page 2

26. Punky: {to #24} THIS WOULD BE SO AWESOME HARRY!

How about it Helene? I really want this to happen, and for what, the cost of an upgrade. No problem. I can put it on my Discover Card.

You two will be so in love again!

27. Punky: I'm sorry that I couldn't post earlier today.

A deranged moose broke into the garage where I had stashed some of the stained clothes in a tub of bleach. (IN THE GARAGE, Eight_Paws!) So naturally I reported the incident to the Calabasas Police Department. But in a case of mistaken identity, they arrested me for unpaid parking tickets. Rather than try to fight City Hall, I paid for the tickets on my Discover Card.

So now I will get back to live blogging and reveal the destination of my Crystal cruise!

28. barryboatman I hope you don't mind, Punky, but I have a boatload of questions for you.
  • Why didn't you thank boblerm for his post? (see #2 above)
  • How did you know the moose was deranged?
  • Like Curtiss the bird on the prior page, I would like to know more of the details of your big adventure, like which Crystal ship you booked, when does the cruise start, and what ports will you be visiting?
I'm really enjoying your narration, Punky, and I hope you keep posting for many years to come. And I also appreciate that you want to bring those two horses back together again. I don't have a lot of history here on Cruise Critic, but I'm guessing that this would be a first for them!

29. Punky: {to #28, bullet point 1} The guy hiding behind those perfect teeth, his magical gaze, and who periodically oozes Winnie the Pooh charm?

He knows what he did.

{to #28, bullet point 2} Would a normal moose be in my garage?

{to #28, bullet point 3} I just remembered that you were one of the mean boys in the perjured tweets!

And here is how I imagine you now, barryboatman! You are like Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men, and I am like Jack Nicklaus in the movie of the same name. And here is how it goes down:

BB: Did you order The Owl and the Pussycat on your Hulu account?
PD: The Owl and the what????
BB: Did you order The Owl and the Pussycat?
PD: I don't even have a Hulu account.
BB: Did you order The Owl and the Pussycat?
PD: You're darned-tooting I ordered The Owl and the Pussycat. It's a great movie with Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neal, a rip-roaring tour-de-farce. And I'd order it again too!

Is that what you wanted to hear, Barry? Have I incriminated myself enough for you?

30. HarrytheHorse: Hay there, PD.

I was thinking that if I'm going to be spending a week together with Helene, maybe you could throw in a drink package.

31. barryboatman: I am very sorry for my over-aggressive questioning, Punky, and for anything else I may have said or done that offended you. -Barry

32. May B: I have quite a little history on CC, and I have no idea who these horses or, and could there be an actual real-life drama going on, or is it all just pure fun?! I vote for the latter.

The drinks package is the easiest thing to accomplish. We don’t want to overwork Punky’s Discover card.

Punky, we want you on this forum, we need you in this forum. Watch out for errant moose, please.

33. Punky: I can't post anymore today and maybe for the next couple or few of days. I had a foosball injury during the night that is affecting my vision.

Harry and/or Helene, please write to me at this email address: punky ... @ ... birdlover ... .com

And thank you May B. I hope you have a wonderful day!

34. boblerm: {to #29} Hah?

{image}

35. wally moose: I'm sorry to read this.

How are you doing boblerm?

36. boblerm: Um......fine.

Thanks for asking.

{image}

37. Apollonia14: {large frowny face image}

38. Crentist the Dentist: Martina, please stop being angry at everyone you meet with a great set of teeth!

Instead of being angry at boblerm, you should be thanking him. I should be thanking him. He seems like such a nice man, and he does have a beautiful smile. Thank you, boblerm!

I now realize that what happened with us was my mistake. You say that I never apologize, but that's not true. I'm apologizing now. I was wrong.

I love you, Martina, and I want you back. Please say yes.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

39. Apollonia14: Yes. ❤️

But I'll neuter you with a dental plaque remover if you ever do it again.

40. Punky: You guys!

I've got goosebumps.

[cue the geese]

And I really need a win right now because things are not going well with the Horses. We are still communicating, but it's more complicated than I thought it would be. More later, when I announce the details of my cruise. I know you don't think those are related things, but they are. You'll see.

Crentist, Martina, I'm just going to throw this out there ... I'm a licensed officiant, and I'm wondering if you would be interested in an on board wedding, instead of a ship board wedding. By "on board," I mean on Cruise Critic, in a topic thread of your very own, in a forum to be determined later. (We can even put boblerm on the ignore user list, because I haven't forgiven him!)

I'm just throwing that out there, and now it is thrown.

41. Punky: {to #32} May B, this is so lovely, and lyrical, and My Fair Lady-like, one of my favs.

The scene is Eliza's dad talking to Prof Higgins. He says "I'm willing to tell you, I'm wanting to tell you, I'm waiting to tell you."

And of course, "My Fair Lady" is based on Pygmalion [cue the pig] which if you glance at quickly looks as if it were the predecessor to gmail.

Isn't life grand?

42. peter at sea: I think MayB was mimicking Colonel Jessup in the "You want me on that wall" part of that same general dialogue you captured so well with your "The Owl and the Pussycat" parody. But I like your take with "My Fair Lady" too.

This is an unusual thread for sure, but probably the most interesting one here. Thank you, Punky D.

43. TrulyBlonde: Yes, this a most interesting thread and funny, too. It seems like Animal House has arrived or maybe Noah's Ark? A marmot, moose, bird, a few horses thrown in, did I miss any animals? I think we need a few more for this famous sailing.

44. May B: Yes it is.

And Mr B had a small part in a My Fair Lady production in summer camp one year, so that was his first experience with the theatre!

But surely you recognized my quote from An Officer and a Gentleman?! Or perhaps I didn’t get it right.

I didn’t know Eliza had a dad; but of course so much of what you tell us is firmly ensconced in your (and only your) mind’s eye.

May I please change the subject? How many of your alter egos are there, actually? I did that on the big bridge playing site, but I’ve neglected most of them for so long, they’re lost to follow-up! One of the lost ones was May B. The two who still play might show up here, if it’s as easy as you make it look.

45. May B: {to #43} … this famous sailing which my not be able to live up to all this hype! High expectations are difficult to meet and even ruffed to exceed.

But you know what? Since it’s a kinder and gentler world around here lately, it perhaps does not matter.

46. TrulyBlonde: May B, you are always kind and gentle on every Board here on CC. thank you.

47. meg1201: I don't know a single person or persona on this blog, but please keep it going. Whenever I log on and read the updated posts, I get a smile on my face, and on occasion, have even laughed out loud (and yes, I intentionally spelled out lol, possibly for emphasis!)

48. Punky: I have a lot on my mind today, but first I want to get to my mail box. Then I'll try to respond to your online scurvies. Then post some updates about the Horses and the Crentistses. And then finally, I'm going to get into more detail about my Crystal ocean cruise. So please hold your cruise questions until the end.

But, if you have a question that can be answered by someone who has already sailed on Crystal, I recommend that you post that here: {link to Host Dan}

Thank you, Host Dan!

Emails: I will respect your privacy and not use any names.

1. How dare you?!

2. Of course I know that Ryan O'Neal was not in the Owl and the Pussycat! Thanks for pointing that out.

3. Of course I know that it was Jack Nicholson, not Jack Nicklaus. But many years ago, and this is the honest truth, Nicholson rearranged my car with a three wood, so excuse me if I mixed them up. The car still doesn't drive right to this day, but I'm thinking of getting something new with heated seats as soon as I pay off my Crystal cruise.

4. Why are you writing to me? You can get more cornflakes from the grocery store, or through Instacat.

5. No, your head does not look too big for your butt, Curtiss.

If you have something to tell me but you don't want to air your dirty underwear online, you can always write to me here: punky ... @ ... snakebite ... .com

49. Punky: {to #44} May B, if you needed one, I would give you my remaining kidney. You know that! (Blood type A+) And of course I know An Officer and a Gentleman - Hold the Mayo! - but I didn't recognize your quote. (You probably don't want to discuss what they say about Oklahoma to Barry the boatman!)

Speaking of Mayo, can anyone tell me the difference(s) between Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip? Does it have anything to do with the Maccabees?

Are gerbils and marmots the same animals?

May B: Alfred Doolittle is the REAL STAR of MY FAIR LADY (RSoMFL)! While Eliza's character might not hold up to today's new standards - I stand with you Martina! - Alfred Doolittle is the very heart of this morality play, and a bellwether for our times. And he would be right at home in any cruise line, not just the luxury one. At the risk of being immodium, he reminds me a little bit of Punky Q.

At some point, I hope to start planning the Crentists' wedding, and of course, the night before we will all be singing "I'm getting married in the Morning." Only Crentist the Dentist will actually be getting married, but we all can join in the fun and merriment.

Before I forget, one of the agreements for an on board, not ship board, wedding, Martina, is that it will be much less stressful. I think it was a mistake to have it on an ocean cruise. A lot of people do that, and I'm sure that the Princess folks would have made you feel like one, a princess that is, and would have taken care of every little detail. But it's still a lot of stress, and if you did want to call it off, where would you go? Better would be to have a wedding on a river cruise because then, if you change your mind, you can just jump in the lake and swim to shore. (Please don't move this post to the river cruise forum!) Better still, a super-duper, intimate wedding, on Cruise Critic! I'm not trying to pressure you, Martina, but it appears that Crentist already said yes via emoji-vite.

50. Punky: Let's put this pig of an argument to rest. I am Punkys dilemma, and only Punkys dilemma. It wasn't my first choice of names though. My first choice had the word "asset" in it because I am sometimes into accounting. But the registration software would not take it. It turns out that you can't register any name with those first three letters, meaning butt. I looked, and there are Cruise Critic member names with those letters. Huh? It must be because they were older members and the software has changed since then.

It reminds me of this story about In-N-Out burger, including the one in North Hollywood. Their receipt numbers, that they call out when your order is ready, skips from 68 to 70. That's not nice, In-n-Out burger.

I am Punky. It's not my birth name, but it is the one my friends call me. Sometimes they also call me Tina, because like Tina Turner, I never do anything nice and easy - it's one of the reasons I have so many dilemmas, I guess. "Big Wheel Keep on Turning, Proud Punky keep on burning. Rolling, Rolling ... no wait - please do not move this post to the river cruise forum.

And as for animal names:

I would not, could not, be a pig.
I would not, could not, do an Irish jig. (I could. I'm actually very good.)

I would not, could not, be a goat.
I only sail on ships that float!

I would not, could not, be a mouse.
I would not, could not, wear a pirate blouse.

And, I would not, could not be a duck.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Page 3
51. Punky: {to #44} Theatre. So fancy! I bet he was colourful in My Fair lady, and drives a car with a bonnet instead of a hood. Brilliant!

Do I like musicals? Well yes I do, and West Side Story is in my top 65.

I'm a little concerned about the remake coming out next month. First of all, it's by the Jaws director, and although he thinks he is unbiased, I don't see how he doesn't give an advantage to the Sharks. Furthermore, I understand that the Jets haven't won anything since they lost a toin coss to the New England team. So expect a new ending. It's not going to be a draw, so take the points.

Has anyone here sang "I Feel Pretty" in private, stripped down to their scurvies, done a kick turn, and wound up in traction? I have. I would be equally happy to star as Tony, Riff, Mr Cool, Graziella (not the Cat!) or Velma, though.

I'll go and see it in the THE-AT-ER, though because I have to. But what was the last remake you saw that was better than the original?

52. Punky: {to#47} How do you measure love, Meg1021?

I do it this way. May B is 100%. She has 6164 posts. You have 10 posts. So 10/6164 * 100 (because I want a percent). I love you 16.22% right now.

That's not the same as liking a post. That's always 100%

And for anyone with more posts than May B, you can't have more than 100% of anything. That's why Max Bialistock and Leo Bloom went to jail. So, after 6164 posts, more if May B posts more, I have to start counting backwards.

53. citric bird: Is this thread starting to remind anyone of anything?

{image}

How about

I would not, could not, be a bird

Never mind.

54. Crentist the Dentist:Punky,

I don't know if you've figured this out, but Martina and I are a same sex couple. That's not a problem, but she and I wanted to make sure you knew so that you can get all the pronouns right at our wedding.

Did I just bury the lede?

We'd love it if you would be our officiant!

But we don't want any hiccups as to Cruise Critic being the wedding venue, so we would feel better about it if we can get maybe 20 likes * on this post before approaching them (CC Help Jenn?) for their blessings.

I also need to email you privately about HarrytheHorse because there could be a problem. (OK to check your mailbox now.)

Love, Catherine (Crentist the Dentist)

PS: You were right that a river cruise wedding would have been better than an ocean cruise wedding.

Edited November 15, 2021 by Crentist the Dentist
* no boblerm, though. sorry.

55. TrulyBlonde: {to #55} I am not certain that you are on this Noah's Ark adventure? There will be two of every animal on board and I am concerned for you. Two Cheshire cats could be a serious issue. I am hoping that the Crystal safety protocols will remain in place for your protection.

56. dontforgetpssport: {to #50} Tell me about it.

57. Punky: Come on down!

It's time to play Cruise Critic Price the Product presented by Punkys dilemma.

Here's the first item:

{image]

You are only guessing at the retail price of the harness shown above. Only the first four contestants count, and the one one that is closest without going over wins something of no value.
drib wrote:This is where the thread gets set adrift in the Floataway Lounge
58. Punky: Curses!

You outsmarted me this time, Red Baron.

59. Punky: How about we call it a draw?

{video}

60. TrulyBlonde: Well, as usual, that did not last long. I never knew about the Floataway Lounge. 😞

61. Punky: I don't know ... three days is a lifetime for a fly on the wall of Cruise Critic. Please do not pity poor old Punky. I had a real good time!

Thank you for paying along TrulyBlonde!

62. citric bird: Wait, does this mean that this thread is ending? But there are so many questions remaining. Not the least of which is

{#37}

Why is Martina being so mean to boblerm? As far as I can tell, all he did was try to bring her some comfort during a time that she was hurting.

63. Punky: Oh Curtis, sometimes in this crazy old world of ours, the owls are not what they seem.

Since we're in the Floataway Lounge, and no one else is ever going to read this, I don't mind giving you some additional background on boblerm.

In high school, his nickname was Leisure Suit Lerm. After graduating, he auditioned for the part of Donald Hollinger in "That Girl," but lost out to Ted Bessell, not a Cruise Critic member. Distraught, he turned to dentistry in order to inflict pain in the world whenever he could.

In dental school, he met Angela Cartwheel, not a Cruise Critic member, and not his wife, pictured in his profile. boblerm and Angela begat a "love child" ... and his name is ... barryboatman!

You may remember that barryboatman's original avatar and cover image had what looked like high school yearbook photos. Well, those photos included one boblerm, I suppose in tribute. You see, barryboatman wanted to follow his father's footsteps into people's mouths, but he failed at dental school. Instead, he became a gap-toothed dental hygienist.

That's right, barryboatman hooked up with Crentist the Dentist which is why Martina (Apollonia14 on Cruise Critic) broke off her first engagement to Crentist. However, Martina did not find out that barryboatman was boblerm's illegitimate son until this Sunday morning, during a group therapy session, with the Horses, on Zoom.

And although I'm still trying to smooth things out between Crentist and Martina, it just doesn't look like there will be an online wedding on Cruise Critic in the near future.

Edited November 16, 2021 by Punkys dilemma
you can't make this stuff up

64. barryboatman: {to #61} FWIW, Punky, I had a real good time too.

Take care.

65. maXEdison: {to #41 about Pygmalion} Great observation!

66. citric bird: Intresting perspective of the definition of the word "great".

67. MaXEdison: Yeah, well you spelled critic wrong.

Good day, Sir.

68. Punky: First, I'd like to answer today's emails:

1. I don't think Regent Seven Seas is right for me, but it's nice of you to suggest it.

2. I wish I had a million dollars for every time someone asks me about boysenberry jam. And no, I am not a sk8er boi, and I look nothing like my avatar.

3. Well, I know three people who do think I am a real person, Mr Visa and Master Card (two of them).

4. I don't think Seabourn Cruises are right for me, but it's nice of you to suggest it.

5. Stop sending me naked photos, Curtiss!

Again, you can write to me at the address below, and everything you say to me will be confidential: punky ... @ ... archaeologist ... .com

69. citric bird: {to #67} I am a bird the color of a citrus. Ergo citric bird.

But thank you for your tutelage.

Good day to you as well, however please do not presume gender.

70. Punky: Ergo Citric Bird, that's a beautiful name!

Ergo, did you know that you can write to the helpful Cruise Critic people and request a name change? help ... @ ... cruisecritic ... .com

71. citric bird: Punky, you are a breath of fresh air.

We need to see more of you on Cruise - Critic!

72. citric bird: Just to clarify, when I said, "see more of you", I meant see more posts by you!

{image}

73. TrulyBlonde: If you are lemon colored citrus, we are similar because I am blonde. :))

74 . citric bird: {bashful bird image}

75. Punky: Get a cage, you two.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Page 4
76. Punky: 'm going to answer a few more emails before I go to bed ...

1. The heart of rock and roll is in Cleveland. I don't know where they disposed of the rest of the body.

2. I think the best chance of getting moved out of the Floataway Lounge, not that there's anything wrong with the Lounge, is to start posting about river cruising, 24/7.

3. There's no such thing as too much cowbell !!!!!!!!! (6:5 someone will mention "cowbell" in the Byrds thread by the end of the week! I know, that's Blue Oytser Cult, but still, 6:5)

4. My travel agent's name is Bones. He got me a great upgrade! I can dine in the main dining room whenever I want, and I can dine in a party of three at a table for four! (If anyone else wants a great upgrade, please email me at the address below and I will write back with Bones' phone number.)

5. That's disgusting! Please add me to your internet feed.

If you would like to ask Punky, that's me!, a question, please use my email address: punky ... @ ... adexec ... .com

Good night now! 🌚

77. May B: {to #49} Before I read any further, I must say …

DUH

I meant A Few Good Men! We want Jack Nicklewhatever on our wall in Guantanamo (not),

ok, I better move in if I ever want to get caught up

78. May B: Answering tidbits:

On one of the trivia’s onboard Serenity this past week, the winner was to have the choice of a new car or yacht. Mr. B and I were tied with a team of five at the end, but we lost the tie-breaker!

Good point about the newer, presumably upgraded software at CC not allowing arse in a screen name.

I am only following about half of what you’re saying, Punky, but what I follow, I love. I think we’re all waiting to see if we can jump on your cruise so you can regale us onboard. The Palm Court would be a good venue.

Going full circle, trivia was held in the Palm Court. Would you like to hear some of the questions we answered correctly? Or just the tie-breaker, which we embarrassingly got wrong?

79. Punky: May B, of course I want to hear everything about your wonderful cruise! You should know, though, that I am a lot better at answering trivia questions from in front of my computer. Do they have computers available in the Palm Court?

Here is the latest update on my Crystal cruise. And I guess it would help if I first explained about the big misunderstanding between me and the Horses.

When I offered to upgrade their cabin using my Discover, I thought they knew I was referring to their existing booking on Norwegian. But it turned out that they thought I meant to upgrade them to Crystal. I won't use any names, but Harry said something like [expletive] Norwegian! Well, what else was I to do? I asked Bones to transfer my booking to the Horses. It was on that Panama Canal itinerary - I was just being mischievous when I said it wasn't. So if you want to meet a couple of swell horses on their first Crystal cruise, you'll want to book Serenity, May (B) 13 through May (B) 29, 2022.

Dilemma solved!

Coincidentally, Discover also wrote to me to tell me that my application to them was also one big misunderstanding. It was denied. [expletive] Discover!

Undaunted, I am going to try to raise some cash for a Crystal river cruise in the future by selling the naming rights to my Cruise Critic avatar. I understand that everyone does this nowadays, and there is already a lot of advertising here, so why not me also?

Does anyone know how they turn around those long ships on the river? Do they do "K" turns? I failed my first five driving tests because "K" turns are a lot harder than they look. I think that's something I really ought to know before I book, whenever in the future that might be.

80. May B: Punky, Ks are strike-outs. Good for the pitcher but nobody else.

Just in case you aren’t familiar with beisbol.

Now, all the talk of weddings compels me to let you all read this great little excerpt from an upcoming Mel Brooks book.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/11/mel-bro ... ut-me.html

81. May B: Trivia questions tomorrow. Meantime, everybody have a great night’s sleep!

82. Punky: {to the link in #80} OMG! May B, you're trying to seduce me!

83. May B: Lol, that’s an interesting thought.

But I have a better question. Have you been to Kangaroo Island? I had to Google EMU Airlines, to come up with that question, of course. {in reference to Punky's them avatar with an Emu Airlines plane on it}

84. May B: Trivia questions:

What’s colder, the North Pole or the South Pole?

When you go into outer space, are you taller than on earth, shorter, or the same?

What’s the lucky number of the Chinese?

We only got one of these three right.

85. Punky: North or South, I wouldn't go licking either one.

{image}

And don't go asking about my pole, May B. Do you know that I've actually had three emails asking about my orientation. (It's mostly portrait, by the way, and landscape at bedtime.)

{When you go into outer space, are you taller than on earth, shorter, or the same?}

Is that including shoes, because I'm probably going to wear my flats into outer space?

{What’s the lucky number of the Chinese?}

I'm going to go with Column B on that one.

86. Punky: I know no one asked, but I decided to share my pole with you all anyway.

{image}

It's a Festivus Pole, and only one month from today, it will bring both tidings of great joy and sorrow to the Festivus world!

Edited November 22, 2021 by Punkys dilemma
Festivus for the rest of us!

87. citric bird: I know no one asked, but I decided to share some of my favorite Poles anyway.

{video}

88. lenquixote66: Punky was the name of my beloved cat who left the planet when she was 19.

89. May B: {to #85] Emails? EMAILS? You’re just saying that, to urge the mods to get the private chat working, right?

90. May B: {to #86} Sorrow? I don’t get it!

It’s ok. Some things are best left ungotten.

91. May B: {to #88} Sounds like a long and presumably happy life. Did you name him? Or, perhaps her.

92. lenquixote66[: That was her name when we adopted her

93. Punky: {to #86} May B, I thought the Festivus "Airing of Grievances" was universal, like cats, but it may well be different where you live.

In my family, we inhaled to strict observation of the observances. At Festivus dinner, for example, we gathered our family around, and told each other all the ways that we have been disappointed by each other over the last year.

I would enjoy hearing Festivus stories from others around the message board and around the world. You can post your stories, and/or your grievances, here, or you can write to me at: punky ... @ ... koreamail ... .com but only up through the end of the day, December 23.

Edited November 22, 2021 by Punkys dilemma
a cat spit in my eye

94. citric bird: Are gwievances against puddy tats ok, or is that now a taboo topic on this thwead?

95. May B: Clearly I flunked Comparative Religions, as I have no awareness of grievance.

I did attend a lovely Thanksgiving service this evening, an Episcopal congregation and a Conservative synagogue. Very well done and enjoyable.

96. Punky: That's beautiful, and reminds me so much of Thanksgiving dinner.

The turkey alone is blah. Cranberries alone unspiraling. Mashed potatoes alone only good for sculpting. But mix everything together, and it's delicious.

{image}

Happy Birthday everybody, including double-dipping Canadians!

97. barryboatman: Now that looks likes the thanksgiving dinner that Alice serves. ("... couldn't be beat." -Arlo Guthrie)

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Punky, and also to everyone else, even double-dipping Canadians.

98. citric bird: Not a big fan of celebrations that features the eating of birds.

Nevertheless, I wish everyone that is following this thread a very happy Thanksgiving!

99. Punky: I know this is a sad day for all the Crystal cruisers on Cruise Critic, but I wanted to share some good news with them on the subject of my future Crystal cruise, which as you remember, I paid for on my Discover, and later gifted to Harry and Helene Horse.

Well, two good news items, actually. The first is that the on-again-off-again relationship between the horses is definitely on again and they are expecting a baby Horse in November! (Please don't start counting the months - it's confusing.)

The second item of good news is that their Crystal cruise was not suspended. It will be the first cruise on Serenity, Miami to Los Angeles, following the suspension of operations.

So, a big Cruise Critic Congratulations and Bon Voyage to Harry and Helene!

100. boblerm: Punky, Very pleased to hear about Harry and Helene, thanx for the update. Apparently, they are back to sowing their wild oats, so to speak. (Am I allowed to say that on CC?)

Do you happen to have any info about the status of Catherine (Crentist the Dentist) and Martina (Apollonia14)? They seem like such a sweet couple.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Page 5
101. Apollonia14: Oh, it's you, boblerm!

You, of all people should know that a dentist doesn't change her spots. Crentist the ahole left me, again, this time for a bridge fabricator - a badly dressed one and a man!

And thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

102. Punky: I love you, Martina!

103. May B: Hey! Be nice to boblerm. He’s just showing his concern. Sheesh.

But really, I only wanted to comment b/c I must say I only think of two things when I hear the word “bridge”, and neither has to do with my teeth. Now I will have to think of which of the THREE bridges is being referenced. I hope my brain doesn’t explode.

If not, my brain will survive, improved. So, thank you for that.

104. boblerm: Thank you, May B! You are always the voice of reason on this forum! 😍

Martina dear, I think that you should consider yourself fortunate that you found out about her true nature before the wedding, and not after. I am confident that you will find your true love and will live happily ever after.

{image}

105. Apollonia14: The Bridges of Madison County was our favorite movie!

This one time, for our two week anniversary, Catherine and I went to visit there, and she named one of the bridges "The Princess Bridge" after me. And now I can't stop crying because of the King's stinking son, boblerm, dressed in Pooh's clothing, keeps reminding me that all dentists are a bunch of cheats.

106. Punky: I know exactly what you mean, Martina.

I had a tooth removed, and the dentist put in a bridge, except the front tooth couldn't support the weight of the bridge, so it kept falling down, like London Bridge. And now I have a hole in my mouth where my heart ought to be.

107. citric bird: Speaking of bridges

{image}

108. Apollonia14: Gezz, it's just like you are a bird boblerm!

It's okay, though. Catherine and I are back together again. We're sorry that our misunderstanding spilled over into your lives. Thank you everyone, especially Punky!

109. boblerm: I'm not quite sure what this has to do with me however...

... wow, events tend to unfold so rapidly around here!

Do you wish to reconsider any of the intemperate remarks that you made about a noble profession? At least for the time being?

110. helene the horse: There are some men who are just never going to understand complicated relationships.

Love you, Martina!

111. Apollonia14: Hey boblerm! The Louis Armstrong Store called. They want you to stop using their music in your videos!

And there are just too many gratuitous transitions in them.

112. Punky: Do you know what I don't understand? The Finger Lakes! If anyone can explain these to me, you can post your answer here, or write to me at: punky @ elvisfan .com

113. May B: You guys are deteriorating! But I laughed and I liked and I will continue to try to understand you. Meantime, keep amusing yourselves, please!

The Bridges of Madison County … I certainly understood the casting of Clint Eastwood but I never understood the casting of Meryl Streep.

Actually, iirc, it was a classic example of th3 book be8ng better 5han the movie.

114. citric bird: {image, Jim Carrey quote from The Office about the finger lakes}

115. Punky: Citric Bird, I don't know that Jim Carrey really understands the question. But thank you for your contribution.

There was one response by email - thank you KenzNoLastName - to the effect that it has something to do with scissoring. So I'm just going to go with that until something better comes along. This is how the Theory of Evolution works, as well.

116. Punky: {to #113} May B, you have given me a lot to unpack there.

I suppose, if I had one, I would let the butler unpack for me. But a butler is above my pay grade, so usually, I will just leave everything in the suitcase. That saves a lot of time when it comes time to go home! Still a butler would be nice.
I may have mentioned before that some books cause my smoke alarm to go off. So I will only read a good one. But how would I know that before I read it?

Mostly, I try to read the movie using close captaining. It is in this manner that I can understand why Meryl Streep is in the movie, even though it is my understanding that she was not in the book.

117. barryboatman: May B,

Have you seen a documentary about Bridge tournaments by the title "Dirty Tricks"?

I enjoyed it, although I am not a Bridge player. It's really not clear if there was cheating involved, or if extreme paranoia had taken over. In any event, I think a lessor player can sometimes beat a better player by playing unconventionally in any game skill and mental acuity.

I watched it on Showtime, which I think means it is also available on Hulu.

https://www.sho.com/titles/3506550/dirty-tricks

-Barry

Edited Thursday at 07:17 PM by barryboatman
ps. is it even possible to go off-topic here?

118. barryboatman: Punky,

I just wanted you to know that, although your post is no longer available, I thought you won the Crystal Forum yesterday with your observation that Crystal was just taking a break ... like Ross and Rachel.

Please, never grow up.

-Barry

119. May B: I haven’t watched “Dirty Tricks” yet, but there’s definitely been plenty of cheating going on. It sometimes takes careful detective work to uncover and prove it.

There’s actually a category in the list of punished bridge players for those who resigned to avoid prosecution. It includes players for whom bridge was a MAJOR part of their life and even their livelihood.

The lessor player thing is true, too.

120. May B: {to #118} Sorry I missed that post! Thx for giving it new life!

121. xcruiserA: {to #116} Why do they cause your smoke alarm to go off, Punky?

Were you reading Fahrenheit 451? LOL!

122. boblerm: With all this talk about bridges, I would be remiss if I didn't pay respects to

{video Bridge Over the River Kwai}

123. boblerm: Barry, my boy, your reference to "Dirty Tricks" brings to mind another movie so named. It stars the inimitable Martin Clumes, and is about a seemingly charming and thoughtful character, who is in reality a calculating liar and manipulator.

Remind you of anyone on this forum?

BTW, it wouldn't kill you to call your mother once in a while.

124 . citric bird: {to #113} {image}

I hope you are not referring to me!

+1 on that, and not just in bridge!

125. Jules2715: {to #122} Madness.

Madness.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Page 6
126. Punky: {to #121} Oh, I probably should have explained that better. It's because they don't sell Mallomars in the summer.

I think it's a quality control issue.

127. boblerm: {to #125} Right. But the "Bridges of Flippin' Madison County"? Nothing to say about THAT? 🤢

128. Jules2715 You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?

129. boblerm: Do you know what they put on French Fries in Holland?

130. Jules2715: Do you know what it says on my wallet ??? !!!

131. boblerm: Not sure. Be My Friend?

132. Jules2715: Something like that.

boblerm, you are obviously a film fan. You should keep your eye out for the TCM cruise this November, although I wouldn't recommend booking anything for a few months.

133. Punky: Greetings Jules2715, and welcome to Punky's Big Adventure!

Let's go to the mailbox!

1. No, I have never eaten cat, not in any of those ways. And thank you for not attaching any new photos, Curtiss.

2. I agree that's an unfair stereo system. I don't know why she (or he) doesn't post here anymore. Maybe it's because she (or he) is TrulySmart!

3. Yes, I really do have multiple email accounts that start with Punky - and you used only six of them (*), Drips! There are many more that I have not posted here yet, but I have reserved all possible combinations of "punky" in an email address to dissuede imposters.

4. To BL, I have never swapped spit with a dentist before. It has always been a one way transaction.

5. To H&H H, I cannot afford to get you back on your Norwegian cruise, even in a non-Havana suite. However, I have put it on my to to list for when I get my Crystal refund. It should be any day now!

As always, I have withheld vital information to protect the iditarods of the wonderful Cruise Critic board members who write to me.

It's a lovely day today, I hope they have one where you are too!

(*) punky@archaeologist.com, punky@birdlover.com, punky@koreamail.com, punky@snakebite.com, punky@elvisfan.com. Or just put "punky" in the address line, and that will work too, like Santa Claus when he is at work in the post office.

Edited Saturday at 10:12 AM by Punkys dilemma
because the smoke alarm just went off

134. May B: Actually, it’s a really crummy day where I am. It’s a shame, too, b/c there’s a once-a-year children’s parade today.

135. Punky: It's never a crummy day when May B is near!

136. citric bird: Isn't the iditarod on March 5 this year?

137. May B: Brrrrrr.

138. barryboatman: {to #123} DAD!

Not here, okay?

139. Apollonia14: It's all starting to make sense to me now. First, there was this, post #38:

{On 11/14/2021 at 4:07 PM, Crentist the Dentist said:
Instead of being angry at boblerm, you should be thanking him. I should be thanking him. He seems like such a nice man, and he does have a beautiful smile. Thank you, boblerm!}

Uh huh, and then this, post #100:

{On 1/19/2022 at 4:14 PM, boblerm said:
Do you happen to have any info about the status of Catherine (Crentist the Dentist) and Martina (Apollonia14)?}

Yeah ... and then this, post #104:

{On 1/20/2022 at 5:22 AM, boblerm said:
Martina dear, I think that you should consider yourself fortunate that you found out about her true nature before the wedding, and not after.}

Trying to get me out of the picture, you Cruise Critic Lothario (CCL)!

And then, finally, this morning, some physical evidence; I found this in the glove compartment of Catherine's Acura:

{image of boblerm's sunglass, ladies underwear and smeared lipstick on a hanky in a glove compartment}

Missing your sunglasses, boblerm?

Don't try to deny it. I know it was you, you son of a motherless goat!

Which reminds me, @barryboatman, the one thing your father got right, you should call your mother, @Angela Cartwheel. Tell her that I'm about to get all Bob Barker with a dental plaque remover on your cheating, cheating, cheating dad!

Edited yesterday at 06:47 AM by Apollonia14
new evidence

140. Punky: Ok, who ordered the code pink!

I take it that's not your lipstick schmear, Martina. 👄

I'm shocked and horrified that all of this happened on my watch. I don't want to be on that wall anymore.

However, one thing you probably already know about me is my pension for all things statistical. So let's try to get a head count. Will all board members, or readers just passing by, who are also swimming in the deep end of the dental pool, with anyone associated with Punky's Big Adventure, please write to me at: punky @ priest .com

... because confession is good for the soles. Anything you write to me is private and I would only share it with my most trusted advisors.

And speaking of soles, how about that Davey Wavey, in the Crystal Forum, and his fantastic selection of shoes?! He probably picked a lot of them up while still in the Navy, although I assume he is still there, and probably will be for a long time. Thank you for your service, @Daveywavey70!

Shoes are one of my dilemmas, by the way. I have so many pairs that are just one left one, or one right one, or both. How does that happen?! (That's twice * I did both a question mark and an exclamation point in this post. Does anybody know if that's grammatically the correct order?! or !?.)

Edited yesterday at 09:52 AM by Punkys dilemma
* thrice

141. boblerm: Dear, dear Martina, please accept these comments in the helpful spirit in which they are intended, as I only have your best interests at heart.

{On 11/14/2021 at 4:07 PM, Crentist the Dentist said:
Instead of being angry at boblerm, you should be thanking him. I should be thanking him. He seems like such a nice man, and he does have a beautiful smile. Thank you, boblerm!}

It is possible for one to have nice words to say about a person even if one is not having an affair with them. In this case, Catherine is quite correct, I am, in fact, a nice man. Ask anyone. As to my smile, I leave it to you to judge, but bear in mind that Catherine is a professional.

{image}

{On 1/19/2022 at 4:14 PM, boblerm said:
Do you happen to have any info about the status of Catherine (Crentist the Dentist) and Martina (Apollonia14)?}

I am not sure why you would think that someone expressing genuine concern must, of necessity, have some nefarious purpose. And you left out the line that followed, which read "They seem like such a sweet couple. " Just trying to be encouraging.

{On 1/23/2022 at 6:37 AM, Apollonia14 said:
you Cruise Critic Lothario (CCL)!}

CCL also stands for Center for Creative Learning, of which I am a consulting doctor. Also, Carnival Cruise Line, of which I am not a huge fan. Also, Couldn't Care Less, but I do care!🥰

{ On 1/23/2022 at 6:37 AM, Apollonia14 said:
Missing your sunglasses, boblerm?}

No, actually, but let me point out that I am pretty sure that I am not the only individual on the planet that sometimes wears sunglasses. I can provide documentary evidence upon request.

you son of a motherless goat!}

Does this mean that my father or my mother is a goat, and even if one was, how would they have been born without the benefit of a mother? I am confused.

Which reminds me, @barryboatman, the one thing your father got right, you should call your mother, @Angela Cartwheel.}

Out of respect for Barry, I will refrain from commenting on this very difficult part of our family history.

Martina, let me assure you that my relationship with Catherine is one of professional colleagues, nothing more. Let me also say (and again, please take this in the spirit of kindness) that there is no shame in asking for help, which I truly think you could benefit from. You need to let go of your anger and move forward. I will again wish you nothing but joy and happiness.

{image Inspirational Winne the Pooh Quotes About Life and Friendship}

142. citric bird: He is right about that.

{image citric bird in sunglasses}

143. Punky: Well, it's just another Pleasant Valley Sunday, isn't it.

Curtiss, I'm embarrassed to ask this, but are you also in a relationship with @boblerm ?! *

Edited yesterday at 12:07 PM by Punkys dilemma
* or !?

144. citric bird: @Punkys dilemma, I do consider myself to be in a relationship with him, as I do with all of my fellow nice CC posters.

As to @boblerm, he (for the most part) seems to be one of the more thoughtful and kind posters on this forum. Don't you like him? See post # 2.

BTW, who is Curtiss?!!? !??! (covering all bases)

145. Punky: Sorry, Curtiss. I meant Ergo.

It's just that the two of you have similar tastes in Google images. I thought maybe you were twinsies, or roommates, or something more romantic. (That was very nice what you wrote in the Test Forum, Ergo!)

And speaking of covering the bases, you won't believe all the emails I'm getting about how many bases have been stolen, or paid for, by ... well, I can't say yet. But {M} said she has DNA evidence from the glove compartment that is being tested as we speak.

Did you know that I lived alone with Ray Donovan for the first four seasons?!

146. Jules2715: {to #139 about the motherless goat} The Three Amigos.

Carry on ..

147. Punky: That's right, Jules! I finally have a black friend. I love you so much! *

Hey, look at this Bad MF profile with almost 10,000 views and visited by four different hosts in 2021:

{image from TrulyBlonde's profile page}

Is that the the Cruise Critic Outlaw, legend has it?!

No! It's @TrulyBlonde, some time visitor to Punky's Big adventure.

Edited 23 hours ago by Punkys dilemma
* not as much as May B

148. boblerm: @Punkys dilemma, @Punkys dilemma, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?

{image Marlon Brando as the Godfather}

149. Punky: Don Lerm, I think it goes back to here:

{link back to a ost by Apollonia14 on a thread on a Princess roll call that is now lost forever}

When you first started lerm-splaining to dear, sweet, Martina. (That's @Apollonia14 to you new readers of PBA)

I stand by Martina as the injured party and I always will!

150. May B: It’s easy. If it’s more of a question, the ? goes first; if it’s more of a shocked/impressed statement, the ! goes first!

I also love Daveywavey70’s shoes.

Your pension for soles is a fun mental image 🤩.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Page 7
151. May B: And for post #143, I would go with ?!

152. Punky: There. I just handed out "likes" like it was Halloween. (But I didn't mean most of them.)

And here is some more brain candy for all the movie boffos on PBA:

I took that image inside a wish bowl at a goat wedding.

153. Hangry Jenny: I just wanted you to know that I am really enjoying PBA, Punky!

And that Jenny is not my real name.

154. boblerm: Dear Punky,

We seem to be at an impasse. You are implying, (more than implying), that I have been mistreating Martina. I maintain that I have been nothing other than kind, compassionate, and a dare I say, magnanimous in the face of very brutal attacks on her part.

Here is what I propose:

We agree on a neutral person to adjudicate this matter. If that person finds me "guilty" in my treatment of her, I will issue a heartfelt apology to Martina. If found "not guilty", then you and Martina will do the same to me.

I suggest as Magistrate, that we appoint someone that one and all will agree is one of, if not THE most well respected member in all of Cruise Critic. I am speaking, of course, of none other than the highly esteemed Miss @May B!

What say you? And what say you, @Apollonia14?

155. Punky: Well, it just happens that I have a Law Degree from the same place I got my officiant license. So I know that @May B * would have to recurse herself since she has already admitted that she was trying to seduce me.

Instead, how about an innocent bypasser, like @Jules2715 * , or are you afraid to be judges by a BBBMF$!?

But wait ... I think something very important and dramatic is about to happen that might have earrings on the matter ....

Edited 20 hours ago by Punkys dilemma
* very cool how this works now

156. Punky: Welcome, Hangry Jenny!

I have a feel deep inside my bones * that you are about to tell us something very cliffhangerish about your real name.

Am I right?!#

Edited 20 hours ago by Punkys dilemma
* no relation to the travel agent

157. Hangry Jenny: That's right, Punky.

My name is not Jenny. It's Angela. Angela .... Cartwheel .... Jr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

158. barryboatman: I have a sister!?

159. May B: {to #154} Oh, boblerm, thank you! But I do have to recurse myself, and I’m NOT REVEALING THE REASON.

Perhaps we could have a vote?

And now I’m lost. What’s a BBBMF$?!

160. Jules2715: Nice to meet you, May B.

I don't know that I should answer your question, even if this is only the Floataway Lounge. You could do some research on your own by searching the Internet for Pulp Fiction Wallet.

I would also recuse myself because it is not for me to stand in judgement for what is a private matter. I am trying very hard to be the shepherd.

Regards, and does anyone know why am I not getting any credit for posts in the Floataway Lounge?! It's not important, but I could use the street cred.

161. Punky: GOOD MORNING CRUISE CRITIC

Let's go to the mailbox!

1. I wasn't spewing anything, Curtiss.* What? I don't even know what that means. What? Well of course I know what "that" means - it's a pronoun. No, I'm not against any nouns. Listen, I've got to get through the rest of the mail, Ok? No, it's running 2 to 1, slept with Crentist. Yes, I like you too. Ok, bye. No, you hang up first. Ok, bye.

2. Old Deuteronomy was a fictional cat, so he can't do that for Crystal Symphony. It is an interesting idea though.

3. Yes, I know Steve Garvey lived in Calabasas too. We used to call him Old Mother Hubbard. And I call it Calabadass in my profile because I live alone here with Ray Donovan.

4. You don't say? ... You don't say? ... You don't say?

5. I know I reference a lot of movies here, but I don't quote from Blazing Saddles, and not because it's too Jewish. I think it's just a little too inappropriate for our times, even in the Floataway Lounge.

Ok that's it. Maybe next time, I'll whip up a #6!

Everyone have a nice day after yesterday!

Edited 8 hours ago by Punkys dilemma
* Ergo

162. sister A: Stand by for a big announcement!

Edited 7 hours ago by sister A
new information

163. Punky: {edited out above, On 1/24/2022 at 5:17 AM, sister A said:
May B, I am disappointed about your decision, but of course, I respect it.

I cannot agree to a vote by the posters in this thread, and I’m NOT REVEALING THE REASON, as much as I would like to.}

Welcome to PBA, sister A!

164. sister A: o my dear children,

I am sorry for having to post this in a public forum, but as you 2 have not been calling me or taking my calls, I have little alternative.

I have to tell you something that will shock you in regards to your parentage. Your biological father is not whom you think it is. For legal reasons, (and for my own personal safety), I cannot state his name here. Suffice it to say that he is a former member of this forum, but is one not any longer. In fact, his name has been thoroughly scrubbed from all of the message boards here, and even a reference to his name can get one in big trouble.

Due to his dastardly reputation, I made the decision to tell you that your father was a fine upstanding citizen, as I did not want you to know that he is in fact a reprobate, but I think that you are both now old enough to know the truth. YOU CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH!

I have to close now, as Mother Superior insists in limiting our screen time. But please call me, I know you have the number, and I constantly ask MS if there are calls for me and I am told that there are not. As you know, I am trying to get my life turned around.

Always in my heart,

Your loving mother, now Sister Angela

165. citric bird: Bravo, Sister A!

166. Punky: Nice save!

So, what do we do with a problem like sister A?

I guess we just love her to death, and try to keep Crentist away from the convent.

167. notdrib: How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

Long time reader, first time contributor; I like what you're doing here, Punky.

... following ...

Can I be one of the Real Housewives too? Is there a script? I lost my job, you know, because of the pandemic, so I have a lot of time on my hands.

168. Punky: Everyone is welcome to post here - I didn't know any of these people before I joined Cruise Critic, except maybe May B, and now they all are like my BFFs for life, except maybe boblerm.

There is no script. Everything is mad-libbed just like Harry Potter books and movies. And, like David Copperfield, the famous magic man, you are the hero of your own life!

169. shihtzu4brains: This looks like a fun group.

Room for 1 more on the party boat?

170. citric bird: {to #159 about BBBMF} It could mean a lot of things, but in my circles it means big bad birds must fly.

171. boblerm: I would like to welcome notdrib and shihtzu (may I call you shihtzu?) to Cruise Critic.

{image}

172. boblerm: {to #168} When I feel myself under attack and try to know how to respond, I always ask myself, "WWWD?" (what would Winnie do?) (the bear, not the Prime Minister) *

In this case, I think that it is best to remind everyone

{image}

*are double parentheses proper?

173. boblerm: Angela, it's wonderful to see your face, and I wish you well in the new life that you have chosen.

174. barryboatman: {to #161 bullet point 4} Was that my real father?!

175. freddyflounder: I have to be honest with you, Punky. I'm more than just a little bit confused.

Am I a Real Housewife of Cruise Critic?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Page 8
176. Punky: {to #174} I don't know. He didn't say.

177. Punky: {to #175} You are if you want to be.

Hang in there @freddyflounder ! Just don't give too much CCR to anything @boblerm writes.

178. boblerm: What one of the great rock bands of the 60s and early 70s has to do with any of this defies imagination.

179. Punky: I rarely give any Credence to anything you post, boblerm, especially not Down on Pooh Corner.

180. sister A: {to #173} Thank you, boblerm.

As you can imagine, my life is very different now, especially, obviously, my social life.

Many people are not aware that it is ok to date a nun occasionally, as long as you don't get in the habit.

181. May B: {to #170} I want to say WOW, but this isn’t FaceBook.

Which is too bad, b/c my posts there are really nice sometimes.

Except Wordle. My own son has blocked anything with the word Wordle in it.

182. May B: {to #172 image} I wanted to say, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL.

Thanks Thanks

Haha Haha

183. May B: {to #180} Oh no! Are you sure you’re allowed to say that here?

Heck, I don’t even know what the Floataway Lounge is, let alone how the heck I got here.

I guess I was a wanderer.

184. Punky: So ... I want to apologize for the old Soupy Sales joke. (You don't say? You Don't say? You don't say? ... Who was that? ... He didn't say!) It needed to be embedded inside the other quote in post #176.

Just another dilemma in a day in the life of Punkys Dilemma!

185. Apollonia14: {to #180} @May B I don't understand why you always "like" and stick up for @boblerm He's an animal, and he ruined my life!

There must be something else going on between you two!?

186. Crentist the Dentist: {to #180} Oh, Angela, Baby, you're not going to last two days in a convent.

I know you; I did your implants!

So why not just come home to mama before a big wind swoops you up and blows you away.

187. barryboatman: I'm very confused.

Are you my mother?!

188. Crentist the Dentist: I'm your mother.

I'm your mother ... and your sister!

189. barryboatman: OMG!

190. Punky: Forget it Barry. It's Cruise Critic.

191. Punky: {to # 180} The Habit makes an excellent burger!

It started as one, then two stores, in Santa Barbara. And then it started expanding maybe ten years ago. It is a tasty burger! I'd say better than Five Guys, and half the price. I don't know how it compares to the Big Kahuna, though.

192. Hangy Jenny: {to #189} Line !!!

193. Punky: "Holy Frock, my mother is a nun!"

194. Hangy Jenny: Holy Frock, my mother is a nun!

195. Punky: Welcome to Drive Time Punky's Big Adventure.

A special shootout to @shihtzu4brains who joined us yesterday but got snowballed under a plethsaurus of activity on PBA. I especially like your avatar shithzu4 - it's like a combination Yosemite Sam and Alan Einstein. And I have a story about the ladder which just happens to be one of my earliest dilemmas.

This one time, at band camp, I decided to design these t-shirts for everyone, and then put them for sale on the internet. (I won't mention the name of the website because it turned out to be a real jerk store.) Anyway, the design had Alan Einstein on it.

The design was Awesome with a Capital A!

But then I got sued by Brandyeyes University who claimed (like Yosemite Sam) that they owned anything with Alan Einstein's image. Well what else could I do but finish Law School (see post #155) and fight the Brandyeyes like I was legally blonde.

Eventually, I lost that fight and had to pay core fees.

So now you know the rest of the story.

Have a nice day anyone.

Edited 2 hours ago by Punkys dilemma
Why? Because I like you!

196. sister A: {to #183} Did I say something wrong? 😕

{to #183, 3rd sentence} Let me introduce you to my sister, Wendy, I think you will have a lot in common.

{to #186, 2nd sentence} I've been here three days, so there!

{to #186, 3rd sentence} ...which didn't last two days.

{to #188} I may not be the brightest bulb in the sock drawer, but there seems to be some faulty logic here.

{to #195} I'm sure that we would all love to hear that story some day. Did you fall off one and bump your head? Is that why you are so mean to one of the most kind, gentle souls that I have ever known? ☹️

197. shihtzu4brains: {to #171} You can call me anything you want, just DON'T CALL ME LATE FOR DINNER!!! LOL!!! 😆🤣:classic_laugh:

198. shihtzu4brains: @Punkys dilemma, you seem a wealth of knowledge, perhaps you can answer a question for me:

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

199. shihtzu4brains: {to #183, 2nd sentence} Neither do I, but I can tell you that only actual verifiable genuine Cruise Critic members are able to access it, so it must be something very, very important!

200. Punky: {to #196, last sentence}

Au Fook Yew

Fifth paragraph, first three words.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Page 9
drib wrote:I only saved completed pages for one through eight. It was during page nine, that CFC started to delete posts, or maybe users - whatever, I could see the post numbers changing. So it was only when I noticed this that I saved page nine. I was too late to get everything.

What I recall is that hollygonightly asked if she could audition for the part of Mistress Anastasia. Holly's backstory started several months ago. She and her friend, guilty feet, were dancers. They had booked a cruise and, and of course, this led them to become members of CFC. Holly had posted on the wrong Roll Call, though, so guilty feet's first post was to redirect her. (I don't remember which cruise line it was, but it was probably mainstream.)

I don''t have any saved posts for guilty feet, but I remember that he was hesitant to audition. He finally said that he would like to be a hunchback singer named Richard III. Punky told him that Richard III was too literal, and that Trey Richard would be better. Further, Trey should sing only Michael Bolton songs. Then guilty feet asked if he could sing George Michael songs instead, and Punky objected because Trey was in agony and what's more agonizing than a Michael Bolton song.

20x. Punky: So, listen, everyone, if we're going to have a dominatrix in the cast, then I'm going to have to have all your safe words on file. (Mine is "Stop!") You can post those here, or it you would prefer, email me at: punky @ acdcfan .com

I'm going to be gone most of today, but current cast members, and walk-ons, it's your adventure too. Make me proud, and break some legs!

Mistress Anastasia, it's your call, but if I were you, I wouldn't wait to berate @boblerm. He's going to try to sweet talk you, he's going to try to have a Hallmark moment with you, and he may even cart out some Pooh Bear. I know that you'll have none of that! Make sure he knows that you are a force to be reckoned with on your very next post.

And everybody, please, let's all stand with Martina! She was the injured party, not @boblerm.

Edited 3 hours ago by Punkys dilemma
can i write ***** here? guess not

20x+1. hollygonightly: Get on your knees @boblerm and lick my stinky boots!

20x+2. val doonican: I'm Michael Valentine Doonican. I was an Irish Singer, but I'm more recently with the Bonzo Dog Band. I'm currently waiting tables at a patisserie in West Hollywood. And if it's okay with everyone, I'd like to be Crime Scene Cop #1 in Punky's Big Adventure.

And also, I would like to direct someday.

And I do impressions: "Yo Anastasia! Come look at my turtles, Cuff and Link."

And I think Hangry Jenny is really cute, probably.

20x+3. Hangry Jenny: Probably?

That's so lame, I'm not even going to bother to respond.

20x+4. duck dodgers: "I could'a had class. I could'a been a contender. I could'a been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Thank you.

20x+5. Arnold Ziffel: I am just a pig, posting a message board, wanting you to "like" me.

20x+6. val doonican: {to #20x+3} You just did! You just responded.

If you want any hot cruise people to swipe right on you, you should put up a better avatar. You look like a big H!

20x+7. Hangry Jenny: Well, you don't look so hot yourself. The V probably stands for venereal disease.

Don't waste your time looking for me to swipe. Maybe try Mistress Anastasia. She would swipe any one.

Edited 2 minutes ago by Hangry Jenny
And I bet you've never been to Ireland!

20X+8. val doonican: Holly looks like she must be 50 years old, and besides, I need a submissive myself.

20x+9. hollygonightly: Hey! That's my mother's photo, you bad person you!

You're blocked! I'm not going to waste my time acting in important scenes on a cruise message board with Hollywood trash like you!

You are a no talent ass clown, @val doonican! 🤡
drib wrote:And that's all I got.

But if Val and Jenny had been allow to continue, they would get very turned on by the exchange and start having sex on Cruise Fucking Critic. The sex would have been represent by images: a rocket blasting off, a peachy peach, a train going through a tunnel, fireworks, and then finally an ashtray with a couple of cigarette butts still smoldering in it. (Another first for drib on CFC!)

*** End Scene ***

fezzik
greenlandic garden weasel
greenlandic garden weasel

What I recall is that hollygonightly asked if she could audition for the part of Mistress Anastasia. Holly's backstory started several months ago. She and her friend, guilty feet, were dancers. They had booked a cruise and, and of course, this led them to become members of CFC. Holly had posted on the wrong Roll Call, though, so guilty feet's first post was to redirect her. (I don't remember which cruise line it was, but it was probably mainstream.)
Like all of you here, I has been following this most intriguing saga on CFC, and I'm sure that I can speak for all of us when I say how disappointed we all are to see it end. And just when it was getting good.
I seem to remember that shortly after Holly had posted, someone had suggested that there be a role of Richard III, and then someone told a joke about III that I didn't get. Next, a bird chirped in and offered to audition for the role of Richard, and even posted a picture of a bird with a crown on his head and a hunched back! He also suggested that sister A audition for the role of Anastasia, but sister A responded that Mother Superior said no. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened next, but I'm guessing that we would have found out that Mother Superior jumped the gun.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

fezzik wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:20 am ... I seem to remember that shortly after Holly had posted, someone had suggested that there be a role of Richard III, and then someone told a joke about III that I didn't get. Next, a bird chirped in and offered to audition for the role of Richard, and even posted a picture of a bird with a crown on his head and a hunched back! He also suggested that sister A audition for the role of Anastasia, but sister A responded that Mother Superior said no.
Yes, I recall that now. I just didn't save Page 9 in time to capture that. I don't remember if the Richard III joke was the best of jokes or the worst of jokes, but it sure wasn't Bill Shakespeare. (Nor Charlie Dickens.)
fezzik wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:20 amIt would have been interesting to see what would have happened next, but I'm guessing that we would have found out that Mother Superior jumped the gun.
Now that's a good joke! :smoking:

drib
dribnut
dribnut

casualty list with tps cover sheet

Hello, dribbers. What's happening?

Cover sheet: The chart below will be updated over time. As of today, January 28, 2022, there are 78 known casualties from the drib army. They are listed in the order that they joined Cruise Fucking Critic (CFC). Of course it was just Cruise Critic when drib joined in 2008. It didn't become CFC until this board was created in 2016. One of the then quirks about drib critic is that the banned word editor turned "cruise critic" into "cruise fucking critic." drib later deleted that from the editor because it affected links to Cruise Critic.

member namedate joinedlocationfavorite cruise line
drib2008.06.08san diego
iamheisenberg2014.09.01Oceania
martiniking2016.08.30
freddyflounder2021.08.24Princess
bitsnerd2021.09.12UTHow are YOU doing?
maXEdison2021.09.14Montana
birdinhand7312021.09.15
cornflakeX2021.09.17X
mr_ebblo2021.09.18Washington StateCrystal Cruises
iammxyzptlk2021.09.19Seattleish
schmoopie_2021.09.19
nedthehead2021.09.23Pennsylvanianone
iowa_al2021.09.23Iowa
nicemarmot2021.09.24Regent, Crystal, Seabourn
urbanspaceman2021.09.27
ginandphonic2021.09.29not a travel agentSilversea
Sheila9thofJune2021.09.29
Kodachrome11132021.10.05Rancho BernardoMany
Alan-a-Dale2021.10.06CTCelebrity
barryboatman2021.10.06Oklahoma City
justinadventure2021.10.07Bend, Oregon
HarrytheHorse2021.10.07Chicago
peter at sea2021.10.08Portlandia
xcruiserA2021.10.08family roomX
theGrandOrange2021.10.09Burlington, VT
Captain_Nice2021.10.09
boblemur2021.10.09QM2
no tip alan2021.10.11
diamondsRmibff2021.10.12Little RockHarry Winston
iheartcchj2021.10.13Carefree, AZ
Punkys dilemma2021.10.15CalibadassCrystal river cruises
beer dad2021.10.15Western Pa
DuncanR2021.10.16Mile High CityNorwegian
bakersfield162021.10.16
wally moose2021.10.16Los AngelishRCCL
Robert Lemur Jr2021.10.17
Jules25172021.10.17Los Angeles
Apollonia142021.10.18Wash DC BurbsPrincess, Norwegian, Celebrity
Banbury Cross2021.10.18Barford St JohnCunard
lead tenor2021.10.18AlbuquerqueAida Cruises
helene the horse2021.10.18
twoparsecs2021.10.19
Sixth Street2021.10.20L.A.
searching4aJackBennyDeal2021.10.20The Chiluxury lines, but at a discount
harvey from york2021.10.21York
myfunvalentine2021.10.22
wideload2021.10.23DallasHAL
ipdaily2021.10.23Florida
32 flavors in 30 days2021.10.23
Lancelot Links2021.10.25
s d g2021.10.26ChicagoCrystal Cruises
awful awful2021.10.26Ballard County, KyCarnival
Waco Kid2021.10.27TexasViking
SmurfetteX2021.10.27Woodbridge CTX
Parvati W2021.10.27Seattlesmall ships
Do wah diddy diddy2021.10.28Wyoming, France
purple barracuda2021.10.29
aint misbehavin2021.10.29
artemis642021.10.29OZ
richarddix2021.10.30Central New JerseyRSSC
O Sole Mio2021.11.02
Crentist the Dentist2021.11.03New England
Danger Man2021.11.03Las Vegas
Jules27152021.11.07Los Angeles
mo hair mo problems2021.11.13
notdrib2021.11.21not san diego
henry the terrible2021.12.03Montana
icantbelieveitsnotdrib2021.12.06would you believe new york city?would you believe any line where waiters carry large metal knives?
mr peabody2022.01.03
pi-o-my2022.01.10new jersey
lonesomebobtheplumber2022.01.13Pittsburgh, PARoyal Carribean
Hangry Jenny2022.01.14Northampton, Mass
Tango Delta2022.01.16
ricekrispiecakes2022.01.18
runs with scissors2022.01.20
Dr My Eyes2022.01.21
jerseyboy18502022.01.22New Jersey
downtown abbey2022.01.25downtownviking

drib
dribnut
dribnut

a tale of two brits

I'm going to writeup some of the backstories, each in a separate post.

This one is about Banbury Cross and harvey from york. They live about 250 km from each other and they are both booked on the same cruise aboard the QM2. They are both old men, both married (no, not to each other!), and they both sing without a British accent, just like Petula Clark.

Since they both post on a Cunard roll call, they both fell under the iron fist of Host Hattie. (She would have made a great Dom!) Banbury Cross was restricted upon creation. That meant his posts had to be reviewed by Host Hattie before they were made visible. His first two posts were reviewed and allowed, and on the third one, I guess he had fooled Host Hattie enough such that she removed the restriction.

The general conversation between the two had a lot of comments like "Brilliant!" and "I'll ring you up next week." But also, Banbury Cross wasn't feeling well and was afraid he might have to cancel the cruise. The plan for him was to die before the cruise anyway, and then Harvey would post something in memoriam like "I hope there is Cruise Critic in heaven."

======

Two more Brits who never got into the story: my name is pip* and phileas hog.

* How many Charles Dickens characters can you find?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

casualty list with tps cover sheet continued

As of today, January 29, 2022, there are 116 known casualties from the drib army. I decided not to add the new casualties to the table above because it affected performance of this page. Instead, the table below covers new casualties only.

member namedate joinedlocationfavorite cruise line
snutbird2021.09.24
basdryis2021.09.26
robinseggblue2021.10.06North Carolina
DarkStar80812021.10.06Michigan
OraettaM2021.10.06MinnesotaMSC
EnidDame2021.10.07Beaver Falls
LCruiser172021.10.07
qwertyuoip2021.10.07
VNCruiser2021.10.07Alabama
val doonican2021.10.09IrelandFred
dontforgetpssport2021.10.11OZ
Sahib Rem Genie2021.10.13
humanshipwreck2021.10.14expedition cruises of which there are now many
WiltonParm2021.10.15
zen ten ten2021.10.15
vinnyX2021.10.16BrooklynX
Arnold Ziffel2021.10.17hooterville
my name is pip2021.10.18Kent, England
GreaterExpectations2021.10.21
guilty feet2021.10.21Phoenix
phileas hog2021.10.21LondonWhite Star Line
henry vix2021.10.22South Orange, NJ
take five2021.10.22
little milton2021.10.22Georgia
hollygonightly2021.10.22
imalumberjack2021.10.23
jb dealer2021.10.24Chicago
3canals2021.10.25Maryland
benny the jet2021.10.25The ValleyRCCL
chicken crossing the road2021.10.29
artemis642021.10.29OZ
red_red_ribbon2021.10.30FloridaCrystal
Fall Guy2021.10.30Midwest
whoShotTheCouch2021.11.02Wilmington, NCnone
Doctor Ibsen2021.11.02Minnesota
leftyloosey2021.11.04on the bayouNCL
44Texas2022.01.23TexasRegent Seven Seas
icewave402022.01.28Las VegasViking

drib
dribnut
dribnut

piss on you. i'm working for mel brooks

These characters referenced Mel Brooks Movies. And, of course, May B made mention of Mel Brooks, and his hot wife, Anne Bancroft, when she tried to seduce Punky in PBA post #80.

The Producers

lead tenor - Arthur Picard auditioned for the part of Hitler. He had once been the lead tenor for the Albuquerque Opera Company (last two seasons).

Hint: There's a second one in this category, but he ain't dead yet!

Blazing Saddles

Waco Kid - My name's Jim, but most people call me - Jim ... I used to be known as the Waco Kid.

richarddix - Our fathers came across the prairies, fought Indians, fought drought, fought locusts, fought Dix... remember when Richard Dix came in here and tried to take over this town?

Young Frankenstein

Kodachrome1113 was not named for a movie, but if you check out its avatar, that's Cloris Leachman, as Frau Blucher, in Young Frankenstein. (The cover photo is Lake Louise in Alberta.) This character never posted. However, it was important to me because this is the one I used to keep logged-in just to browse CFC.

Frau Blucher, good name for a new character!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

an open letter to cruise critic

Just in case someone from CFC reads drib critic, which they very well might: You can't stop drib; you can only hope to contain him.

He only posts things like PBA to have fun. He regrets that he caused a lot of work recently, especially for CC Help Jenn, whom he likes. But, you know, if CFC just communicated better, emailed drib to please stop, he would. His Festivus grievance with CFC is that they don't communicate. I know it means more work, but if CFC wants to be treated respectfully, they have to treat their members respectfully. That things where moderators can delete posts and lock threads without explanation is crap! There is a "reason for edit" text box for every changed post. Maybe use that or do something else like that instead.

Your stupid modifications to keep out members like drib also keep out other CFC members. Your pages have too much crap on them! And stop doing so much asynchronous processing of less than one second. It's probably what's screwing up your login and posting issues. That, and your bloated database, because you let people post hundreds of thousands of times. Computers keep getting better and faster, and then software developers use that as an excuse to load up web pages with more bells and whistles. :wall: KISS.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

a few good horses

HarrytheHorse was born under the name of Howard. That is, it says Howard on his birth certificate, but he changed it, to Harry, to shake off service of process . His early years were misspent in and around Los Angeles, California. He says that he only wrote Chicago on his CFC profile for the homies. "S'aul Good Man," he says.

Helene the Horse fell in love with Harry at first sight. In an interview, many years prior to PBA, Helene admits that Harry was a stud. "His dingus is huge," she said matter-of-factly.

In 1996, Harry was the stunt double for Mark Wahlberg in "Boogie Nights."

The first time Harry and Helene made love was in Inglewood, at Hollywood Park, on the exact spot of the 50 yard line for Super Bowl LVI. You'll want to remember this if you watch the game on February 13.

"I was transfixed," Helene said, "like Julianne Moore in Boogie Nights." And then Harry and Helene got married the old fashioned way; they had to. 

They begot a child, whom they gave up for adoption so that they could board a Princess cruise.

Life was bliss at first, but slowly deteriorated, like citric bird's head. Harry fooled around - a lot - and his post count, a euphemism for the number of times he committed adultery, was only exceeded by a few prolific posters on CFC. (If that makes no sense to you, you'll want to stop reading now.)

One of Harry's first conquests on CFC was Catherine, Crentist the Dentist, but there were others. (How many can you identify?) "I was transfixed," Catherine said, "like Julianne Moore in Boogie Nights."

Will Harry and Helene reignite their love on their Crystal Cruise through the Panama Canal, May 13 to May 29? The odds are 50-1 against it. (Punky already has a piece of that action, hoping to recoup his losses.)

Honorable mention to pi-o-my, horse.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

animal farm

I have to hand it to Keith1010, he was the first to notice that there was mischief afoot.

His post, above, is funny. It's succinct. And it's correct. This hardly ever happens for Keith1010 on CFC.

HarrytheHorse, featured in the prior backstory was also known to respond with a one liner whenever a horse was mentioned. It was usually something about beating a dead horse, which is a specialty of the Crystal Forum. But there were several other animals that did such cameos.

Arnold Ziffel, pig.

chicken crossing the road, chicken.

Lancelot Links, secret chimp.

wally moose, moose.

There are others that reference an animal, such as nicemarmot, but they represented cruisers that happened to have animal name. I was sad to see nicemarmot go - he had a lot of insightful posts.

boblemur, lemur, also posted as a cruiser. He once got a "like" from Host Hattie! And his son, Robert Lemur Jr nade a splash in both the Test Forum and the Disney Forum, about the Turner Classic Movie cruise.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

jersey boys and girls

drib is a Jersey boy. He often posted about it, for example, how his mother always said that New Jersey was good for only two things, tomatoes and mobsters.

Did you know that Cruise Fucking Critic is chock full of Jersey boys and girls and nuts? Its headquarters is in Ewing, NJ.

Parvati W is a pseudonym for Janice Soprano who fictionally went to the same high school at the same time as drib. (Tony Soprano was a few years later.)

pi-o-my, speaking of Tony Soprano, is a variation of pie-o-my, a horse once featured in a Sopranos episode. Check out pi-o-my's avatar for a painting of Tony dressed as Napoleon and a horse.

henry vix shows South Orange, NJ as his location.

richarddix, whose backstory was already featured as a Mel Brooks movie, was also a reference to Fort Dix in New Jersey.

jerseyboy1850 was cut down before he ever got the chance to post.

And finally, there's purple barracuda. He also went to high scool with drib and Janice Soprano. His real name was Auerbach, and he drove a purple Barracuda that could be heard miles away from wherever he was driving. There was a running joke among drib and his friends, once a year at the end of daylight savings, that it was time to turn the Auerbach.

Here is the breakdown of all banned characters by state and country:

Alabama1
Arizona2
Arkansas1
California12
Colorando1
Connecticut2
District of Columbia1
Florida2
Georgia1
Illinois4
Iowa1
Kentucky1
Louisiana1
Maryland1
Massachusetts2
Michigan2
Minnesota2
Missouri1
Montana2
Nevada2
New Hampshire1
New Jersey5
New Mexico1
New York2
North Carolina1
Oklahoma1
Oregon2
Pennsylvania4
Texas3
Utah1
Vermont1
Washington3
Wyoming1
============
Australia2
Canada1
England6
Germany1
Hooterville1
Ireland1
New England2
Outerspace1

Code: Select all

SELECT DISTINCT `m_location_code`, COUNT(*) FROM `rc_members` WHERE `m_auf_flag`=1   GROUP BY `m_location_code` ORDER BY `m_location_code` ASC;