december 2018 updates

Moderator: mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)

drib
dribnut
dribnut

december 2018 updates

I'll do a spot-check on December 1, and if I find anything, run a complete cycle. But since it will be a Saturday, I need to check again on Monday, December 3 anyway. (And then, based on last month, there could be a trickle of changes for Crystal all week long.)

Happy Hanukkah, December 2 at sundown, to all!

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

Re: december updates

:lol: And Chag Urim Sameach to you too Drib.

LOL my 2 beautiful Jewish granddaughters will have to wait for Xmas for their present from us ... we're 'lowly' gentiles. :wink: But any religious festival where food and "drink" is involved, I'll celebrate - L'Chaim! :laugh:

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Thank you, SuziQ!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

drib
dribnut
dribnut

There does not appear to be any updates for Crystal, Oceania, or Regent today.

I will spot check again on Sunday, and then again on Monday.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Still, no updates found.

I'll try it again on Wednesday.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Still nothing.

I'll try again Sunday or Monday.

Mr Cruise
drib critic
drib critic

There are a dozen or so forums here for each cruise line, but your fare compare programs only work for 3 lines. Do I have that right? Or is there a code I need to see those other lines?
:no :think: :wink:

drib
dribnut
dribnut

First, welcome to drib critic, Mr Cruise.

Second, there is no code or special way to access Roll Call and Fare Compare. There are only those three lines - Crystal, Oceania, and Regent - because those are the lines I like most, and that I could easily automate the process of updating fares. That may sound like a bad business decision, but none of my web sites, including drib critic, are a business. I developed them for me - but I like when other people use them.

Third, you made a good point - that there are sixteen cruise line forums, but only three lines on Roll Call and Fare Compare. Originally, there were only four cruise line forums - the three I follow, plus "all other cruise lines." A few months ago, I added all those other forums ... but I did that facetiously. I created drib critic as a satirical dig at that other cruise message board. If people want to use it otherwise, that's great, I won't stop them - they already don't post here without any help from me. There is not much work in administering drib critic, though, so I would be happy to add new forums for any member - it doesn't even have to be a forum about cruising.

Again, welcome to the board. I know that my answers were not very satisfying, but I really do appreciate when people post here, and I hope that you will post again ... and again.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Still nothing new today.

But there were some Regent itinerary changes, so I'm going to change this thread from global to Crystal only.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Finally, some fares changed today.

On Symphony, this back-to-back, which I added to Roll Call on request, increased by a bunch (21.8% on a B1):

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7164

rollcall/dollar.php?trip=7164

On Serenity, there were seven itineraries in 2021 that changed, six decreased and one increased.

The 2021 World Cruise decreased 9.6% on a B1:

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7033

rollcall/dollar.php?trip=7033

Tokyo to Shanghai increaed 29.7% on a B1:

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7038

rollcall/dollar.php?trip=7038

Shanghai to Singapore decreased by 55% on a B1:

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7039

rollcall/dollar.php?trip=7039

New York City to Quebec City and the return trips, four in all, decreased by 11.1 to 12.2% on a B1:

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7086

rollcall/dollar.php?trip=7086

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7087

rollcall/dollar.php?trip=7087

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7088

rollcall/dollar.php?trip=7088

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7089

rollcall/dollar.php?trip=7089

The double-digit changes are so extreme that I'm thinking they are a mistake. But I did visually check them on the Crystal website, and that's what they are today. So if you were thinking about one of these cruises that dropped in fare, you might want to book now just in case those are a mistake. (Of course, the mistake could have been in the fares as originally posted.)

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

drib wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:56 am Finally, some fares changed today.

On Symphony, this back-to-back, which I added to Roll Call on request, increased by a bunch (21.8% on a B1):

rollcall/rollcall.php?trip=7164
Happy to say we and several friends got in on this one - a triple back to back from Rome to London
We're feeling very pleased with ourselves snagging this one a few months back

The full range of increases on this package are:

Increase %
E2 36%
E1 32%
D 29%
C2 24%
C1 23%
B2 22%
B1 22%
A3 21%
A2 21%
A1 20%
PH 13%
SH 13%
PS 9%
SP 9%
CP 4%
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

drib
dribnut
dribnut

I was going to re-check yesterday's update today, but I cannot readily do that now because of the new Crystal web site.

Hopefully, I can adjust to that before the scheduled January update.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

I backed out the Symphony cruise increases because they are not on the new Crystal web site.

All the Serenity changes, though, are good.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

I made the coding changes for Crystal based on the new web site.

The only glitch that I've found so far is that I will not have updates for fares that are "Call for availability." The old web site had new fares even when a category was unavailable. I know, that sounds odd because you could not see those fares, but they were there if you knew where to look.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Crystal is the first line where I updated the new category status display on Fare Compare. It looks very accurate to me, but I would expect it to be out-of-date very quickly. Still, if you think there is an error, report it to me.

Currently, I am only translating "Call for availability" - which is "unavailable" on Fare Compare to keep it short. If there are any other status expressions, I can add those to the process. For example, "wait list" or "guarantee", but I need to actually see the status on a trip before I can add it - so just "Call for availability" for now.

Later, I can add the category status as a selector. It would be interesting to see how many are unavailable - which I assume is at least like wait listed - or are available.