Free the Bodogbodog One!

Moderator: mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Free the Bodogbodog One!

Hey there! ... How are you? ... Looking good!

I see that you're admiring my new avatar. It's former Cruise Critic poster, Bodogbodog.
Bodog is not really a pimp; he just dresses like one. Anyway, Bodog's last post was in April. Since then, he's been in Cruise Critic jail. Five months - that's an eternity for him - which is ironic for an Australian. Ha, ha, ha! Anyway, Bodog has been a model prisoner, and it is time, I think, that he be released on good behavior.

What? That's right ... Who's a good Bodog? {together} Bodogbodog is! {we both chuckle loudly}

What's that you said? ... Yes, you're right, Bodog can be outspoken. But I think he added a lot more to this board than he detracted. He loves Crystal, and he loves discussing it with others. He is always helpful - he got me OBC in the old Crystal referral program out of nowhere. And, he is an honest broker, which is hard to find these days. Bodog is not afraid to call out Crystal when they do not live up to their own reputation.

Sorry, I've got shit in my ear ... what's was that again? He got you a cabin on this cruise when everyone was telling you that it was sold out? That doesn't surprise me at all.

Anyway, if you want to show support for a cheeky poster, an experienced cruiser, and a good guy, this is an opportune time to do that. Bodog is on this cruise. If you see him - and he looks just like my avatar - stop him and say g'day. Tell him I said g'day too. Or, if you want to don an avatar of support, as I do, here is one, 80x80, that you can right-click and download.

... or use this link.

http://bigdogfoto.com/images/bodogavatar.jpg

It's so good to see you again! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Bye.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: Free the Bodogbodog One!

Hubdoc;56837224 wrote:+10!!!
I have known Terry and Kerry for years! Nicest folks ever! And a wealth of useful information. I want him back!!
Mike

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Snuffie;56837266 wrote:It’s about time we get Bodogbodog back. This board has been so boring without him. He tells it like it is and loves Crystal. He’s a great cheerleader for Crystal.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

ChansonDeLaMer;56837496 wrote:Count me in for a vote for Bodog’s return. I enjoy different perspectives, and he is an enthusiastic cruiser with a generous spirit. He contributed much useful information.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

suzeluvscruz;56837966 wrote:We vote to let him back in too! He was right about rooms being available too!!!
Come on, CC, let him in...please?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

csto;56838031 wrote:Count me in as well. Without his valuable info, I find myself reading much less of CC.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Liv4cruzin;56838256 wrote:Yes, please free bodogbodog. Was so happy to finally make his acquaintance. My friend, Lou & I would not even be here if not for him. I’ve had a few lighthearted chats w/ him & his lovely wife. Shared laughs w/ several CC folks I’d never met before......Muriel, Patty, Sammie Kay, Roy, Chris & Bau. Pleasure to renew friendships w/ Philip, Jim & Steve, Ashley & Kelly, Bill & Carolyn, Pat & Ray, + my wacky friends, Celeste & Bill. Sharing my friend Lou’s first experience w/ Crystal has been interesting.

Seems most days are just too busy. Close to 1,000 photos to weed through. Plan to share many; but not until I can edit them. I’m a perfectionist about some things to a fault. Blog entries may not happen. But I do plan to share on FB. I’ve never been successful w/ posting photos here in CC. When I do finally put photos up on FB, any FB friend of mine that thinks a photo might ne of interest here on CC, you are free to share them here. We sure are missing those of you who had to cancel. Although I’m realizing more than a few changes since I last sailed Crystal nearly 4 yrs ago, it’s still my “happy place”.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

1lehrer;56838342 wrote:Free bodog

drib
dribnut
dribnut

FlyerTalker;56838360 wrote:Having to live in Australia, half-way around the world from anything, is jail enough. Shades of 1788!!

Bring back the Dog!! (Hoping to one day meet the chap - I'm picturing a lovable beagle rather than a rotweiler)

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Jayayeff;56838384 wrote:
FlyerTalker;56838360 wrote:Having to live in Australia, half-way around the world from anything, is jail enough. Shades of 1788!!

Bring back the Dog!! (Hoping to one day meet the chap - I'm picturing a lovable beagle rather than a rotweiler)
I think he’d prefer lovable labrador - they’re his ‘pet’ dogs...😀

Anne..

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Keith1010;56838387 wrote:
KenzSailing;56835113 wrote:Tomorrow (Tuesday) we reach the Panama Canal. It's been announced onboard that we are to reach the first set of locks at about 8 AM ship's time (US Central time.)

When it comes to a forward view, I know of course about Palm Court and deck 12. What are the experienced cruisers recommendations for open vantage points at the bow on decks 8, 9, 10?
Keep moving around. A lot of people will be at the bow of the ship.

See it from all sides, bow, aft, port and starboard.

See it from the outside on the upper and the lower decks.

If you get tired and want to see it inside I also think Waterside is nice as is Palm Court.

But outside is nice to hear and not only see what is going on and for photos.

Many people give out sooner rather than later. Try to enjoy as much of it as you can.

Keith

drib
dribnut
dribnut

mskatiemae;56838551 wrote:
ChansonDeLaMer;56837496 wrote:Count me in for a vote for Bodog’s return. I enjoy different perspectives, and he is an enthusiastic cruiser with a generous spirit. He contributed much useful information.
+1

Please count my vote for Bodog to be able to return to CC. Terry and Kerry are some of the nicest people in the world.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

.... and gone!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Malestew
dribnut
dribnut

Hi everyone. I am so happy to be a new member of this site. Some of you will remember me as Suite Travels before I was booted off that other highly censored board controlled by Laura Sterling and Keith. I see a lot of familiar posters here which is comforting.

Keith has managed to run people away as he seems to know it all. Fact is we have more Crystal cruises under our belt than he does. He got his TA from me several years ago and fired his long time TA without explanation.

Now here is a story from very reliable people. Keith and his DW were on a overland African Safari and Keith did not like the game driver and insisted that he wanted a white game driver and had him changed out while the others had no objection but he got his way. On the same drive a partiality disabled man asked Keith if he could take the front seat due to mobility issues and he refused to move as Anne Marie was sitting behind Keith. What an AH he was. Since we travel to various camps in Africa I found out that is how it happened.

Not to BASH Keith any further, he insulted two of our friends Judith and Larry Morrison when they invited them to join in for dinner and accepted and then declined later on for a better invitation with one of the officers. I would never think of doing that but Keith rubs shoulders with the crew and believe me they are faking that smile. Our butler on Symphony Sebastian once left his list in our cabin and Keith was on his list as well as we were. His notes on him were...VIP with a list of wants and needs and very structured at that. Sebastian was sorry he left the list but I was glad he did so we could see the reveal.

Now that I have vented I am glad to be here.

Thank You David

drib
dribnut
dribnut

You're very welcome, Malestew!

I write that with some allusion to your main subject.

And I will also use several paragraphs with one sentence each.

Because choice is good!

Now, what happened to my hoagie?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Organic Food Options

Snuffie is now using the Free Bodog avatar. She wrote me that she was concerned that she may be censored. I don't think it will be a problem, but I said I would save her post here for safekeeping.
Snuffie;56845233 wrote:Are there any Organic food options on menus in main dining room or available on buffet?

I’m especially interested in vegetables and fruits. I just don’t like eating all those chemicals (preservatives too). What about Umi, is the fish wild caught or farmed?

I haven’t taken a Crystal river cruise but I remember reading somewhere they have an organic garden on board.

Thanks for your input.
However, wouldn't it be a great way to support Bodog if more posters adopted this avatar - especially those whose posted their support only to have their post deleted? {hint}

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Welcome Suite Travels - we can use that name here :-)

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments before they got removed. I really appreciate them and hope that no one gets censured or banned from CC because of showing support for me

Now back to enjoying our time on the current Crystal Symphony v.8218 cruise
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

drib
dribnut
dribnut

FlyerTalker;56846969 wrote:Gotta read these threads often and quickly.

You'll never know what you might miss.