drib
dribnut
dribnut

below drib, the next generation

Season 1.

The cast:
er
Captain

They call me Captain Bligh behind my back, but I'm not that nice.
bo
Bosun

When the Captain's away, the Bosun will play!
l4
Chef

Just wait until the guests try my moussaka a la mode!
np
Head Stew

Can't we all just get along?
mb
Second Stew

I am one of only seven people in the world who knows how to fold a fitted sheet!
st
Third Stew

I should be Head Stew. This is bullshit!!!
dr
Deck Hand

Just wait until you see my five minute abs glistening in the sun!

You're not going to believe what happens in Episode 1! That's Episode 1, Friday, Cinco de Mayo!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

episode 1

On the mega-yacht Thistle Gelatour, somewhere in the Adriatic Sea ...

er
Bosun! Report to the bridge immediately!

The bosun's first name is Bosun {dramatic pause} and his last name is Bosun, due to a catch, Catch 22.

bo
Bosun Bosun Bosun reporting for duty, Captain.
er
We cannot dock in Dubrovnik. The Thistle home office really screwed the dalmatian this time. Prepare to change course.
bo
The home office screwed the dalmatian? That almost never happens! Where are we going? ... I mean nautically speaking. I've heard Kotor is nice.
er
We're going to San Diego!

California. Very exclusive. We should move our headquarters out there.
bo
Aye, Aye, Captain!

I'm going to set our heading for ... I'm going to say West, maybe ...

Later, in the crew mess ...
np
Primary will go ballistic when he learns that we're sailing to San Diego instead of Dubrovnik!
st
San Diego? Hey, they fly Boeing 777s there now!
mb
You're probably right, Fourth Stew.
st
I'm Third Stew! But I should be Head Stew. I've forgotten more about stewing than all you folks combined are ever going to know.
np
Chef, maybe you can prepare something special for Primary to take the edge off.
l4
Yikes! I just cut my fingers in the nachos!

imgn imgn imgn imgn imgn
mb
You can't serve those to Primary now!

Later, on the bridge ...
er
These nachos are delicious!

Next week on Below Drib ...
bo
Who knew bosuning was going to be this complicated?

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Re: below drib, the next generation

Welcome back Dribnuts - loving the crossover between series
Hey everyone heads to San Diego these days - it's the place to be in the search for the Creator
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

drib
dribnut
dribnut

episode 2

Last week on Below Drib ...
mb
Give those nachos to the Captain. That bloodsucker will never know the difference!

And now, Episode 2 of Below Drib:
er
Deck Hand! Does this uniform make my butt look big?
dr
Compared to what? Shamu?

Later ...
np
Deck Hand! Primary wants to play with the water toys.
dr
That's too much work.

I'll just fill up the bathtub and he can play with his dinghy.

Later ...
mb
Deck Hand! Primary just got sick in the Jacuzzi. Where are you?
dr
Here I am, hiding behind the Sambuca.

Later ...
st
Mahjong, proper spelling is played with tiles not cards.
dr
Is ‘Douche Bag’ one word or two?

Later ...
l4
But Chef Ben has a tender soul.
dr
Yeah, but his beef cheeks are way too tough!

Later ...
bo
I'm sick of deleting my posts on that other message board. But there's nowhere else to post about cruising.
dr
C K Y O
B O S N !

Later, from the crew deck ...

CRASH!

Next week on Below Drib ...
me
¡Deck Hand está muerto!

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

We caught up with that other show set in the Med last night....
It should be a fun series - that Captain is tough but what's with the micro managing. Hannah is not your typical Sheila - she doesn't swear enough. Bobby should be put into rehab and the rest of the crew look interesting and I'm sure there will be lots of stories and shipboard romances to keep us occupied

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

drib
dribnut
dribnut

This wasn't funny enough to finish.

The original storyline, though, was that Deck Hand is murdered. It turns out that Primary was an English detective - not like Sherlock Holmes - more like Poirot. And he looked something like this:

ho
Inspector Hum is better than Poirot and has infinitely more gray matter!

Everyone had a motive to kill Deck Hand - yeah, I know what you're thinking - that they all did it. But no! Deck hand is not really dead, it was just a ruse to hide the fact that he was the murderer and the real victim was ...

Well, I can't really say because I never got that far. But I did create some other characters ready to be used in the story.

In the end, no one's opinion matters when you're dead.
tc
I look ridic! LOL!
fd
You know it's not funny whenever someone writes LOL.

The joke about the "Last Week" and "Next Week" strips was supposed to be that they never really reflected what happened in the episodes.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Coincidentally, the new season in the Caribbean - Captain Lee, Kate, and Valor - began last night and had the Pucker Factor.

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Liking the new season - some regulars back - the dour Captain Lee and Kate - wondering about the new Chef - he seems too good to be true but I'm sure something will emerge to blot his copy book

drib
dribnut
dribnut

succession yacht

So this, I think, is the yacht used in the Season 2 finale of Succession. It can be chartered for one million Euro per week. I don't know if that includes gratuities, but I kind of have the feeling that with a Billionaire like Logan Roy, a gratuity is not expected.

They were sailing in the Adriatic, in Croatia - Cavtat was mentioned - and we did a tour there from Dubrovnik a few years ago.

The crew of the Succession yacht was mostly invisible ... except, I guess for the stewardess who agreed to a threesome (that never occurred) with the only Logan Roy daughter and her husband.

https://www.boatinternational.com/chart ... dge--95461

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Watching the current season of Below Deck - nothing exceptional so far...
Is the Succession in a TV series?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Yes, Succession is on HBO. It just finished its second season, and set itself up for a third. I've read a lot of critics who praise the writing - which I think is okay, but uneven, like maybe they changed writers between seasons. But the story is good, the actors are good, and like most HBO series, production values are excellent. There are no likable characters, though; they're all assholes.

It follows members of the Roy family, and their corporation - a conglomerate of mostly news and media. So maybe Logan Roy is modeled after Rupert Murdoch - except that Logan is from Scotland. The corporation also owns a mainstream cruise line - which has nothing to do with the yacht above - they just own one of those because that's what filthy rich people own. The second season had one story line about wrong-doing in the cruise line. It seriously could have used an E-Rod to make it more interesting.

Anyway, if you don't get HBO, maybe there's a streaming service where it's available.

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Thanks - will check it out

drib
dribnut
dribnut

below deck season 1 episode 6

Saw a part of this re-run, and the tip was only $4000 - I don't know for how many days, but the crew was generally unhappy about it. (This was the episode where they pulled off an impromptu wedding.) There were 11 shares, so $363 and change each.

One deckhand - I recognized him by site, but not by name - said that 15% would have been $900 each. So working backwards, the cost of the cruise was $66,000. But then he also said that, as it was, they only got 9% - which would be $44,444. I guess the ability to do basic math is not in his job description.