azamara not

Moderator: jazz

drib
dribnut
dribnut

azamara not

I'm discontinuing Azamara on roll call.

They have re-worked their itineraries in 2019 to focus on Havana, and it's just too much trouble to make all those corrections. And this is not the first time - they are always changing their itineraries.

I did notice, though that there are a lot of short (as short as 4 days) cruises now, and I might just want to try one of those out of Miami to see if I would like their product. But I would still be hesitant to book anything far in advance because they are always revising their itineraries!

jazz
overlord
overlord

Re: azamara not

I understand your frustration [it's bad enough for passengers affected by changes to their 1 or 2 cruises, but you have to deal with all of them!]. But I hope you will reconsider once this settles down. Azamara has itineraries that are uniquely appealing.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: azamara not

jazz, it's so nice to get a new member ... and one who actually posts!

I set Azamara to active on Roll Call again - but it still has the cancelled itineraries. I'll try to figure out what changed next week maybe. I should have done this anyway because I actually did book an Az four-day cruise that includes Havana. I thought this would be a good way to try an R ship, which would be helpful in evaluating both Az and Oceania's smaller ships.

I can't really track Az on Roll Call Fare Compare, though. Actually, it was one of my original seven in 2014. But since their web site is not consistent regarding fares, I gave up on it quickly. If a category is not available, Az doesn't show the fare, and this is not good for compiling a statistical database. Some other lines were the same - Silversea and Seabourn, I think.

My cruise is a long way off, but I will write a review here afterwards.

Welcome to drib critic, jazz. Don't be a stranger, but please do be strange, if that's your thing.