bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Re: embedded youtube test

drib wrote: leading poster ... on my way to 80,000+
I'll race you

This Forums package has quite a god range of features
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

drib
dribnut
dribnut

bodogbodog wrote:This Forums package has quite a god range of features
It does. I should credit that the additional animated gif icons are from a site called LottaLiving, where I am friends with the owner, and an administrator on it's board. There are so many options - I still don't know what they all are. But PHPBB3 is also open source, so I can modify the code as I wish. (It's a clunky process, but doable.)

There was once a restaurant in New York City - eponymously named for Al Schacht, the clown prince of baseball. Their motto was "If you don't smell it, we ain't got it." drib critic is the opposite - if you don't see it, ask for it, and I can probably do it. Of course I will have to weigh the effort for any enhancement based on the activity level of membership.

Al Schacht Menu

They had flanken!

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Original post by bodogbodog inadvertently removed.

======

Oh, the dangers of being an administrator!

Bodog, I clobbered your post when I thought I was adding a new one.

Regrets.

-drib

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

admin
overlord
overlord

It looks like the translation of the link is having trouble with the parentheses. I changed it below (and above) to use the url BB Code instead. And I'll put that on my to do list

Al Schacht Menu

And then I noticed that instead of opening a new window, it replaced this one. So I'll look into if there is an option for that.
bodogbodog wrote:So are you the Big Dog Foto man?
Here's the story about why I own bd-foto.com. Most all shared host services will say that they have "unlimited" storage. Well, I have over 80,000 photos and videos - roughly the same number as Keith1010's posts on that other board - and it turns out that when they say "unlimited," they don't really mean it. So I had to buy a second, more expensive host this a VPS service. I don't even have enough space there, but I moved most of my video to a Google drive anyway because it plays more smoothly there. So while my code remained on the shared host, the data was mostly on bd-foto. Well, the shared host is the same host Roll Call was on. So when that server started to go bad (Error Code 500), my photo page was getting the errors too. While I moved drib critic and Roll Call to a brand new host, on a cheap shared account, it made sense to move the photo web pages to the expensive VPS host. So those web pages, including the 404 error page, now say Big Dog Foto instead of Big Dog Web Pages.

I am going to let everything else still on the old host, including everything on Big Dog Web Pages die a natural death - meaning I will not renew it. But it is paid for until January 2018.

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

bodogbodog wrote:Original post by bodogbodog inadvertently removed.

======

Oh, the dangers of being an administrator!

Bodog, I clobbered your post when I thought I was adding a new one.

Regrets.

-drib
Well I'll take it as a historic "first to be deleted by the administrator" - so another first for the Bodog

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: #25 map of tangiers

So it's interesting that PHPBB3 comes with about 30 bots pre-defined as users so they can read all posts and include their content on search engines.

Under Who Is Online, I can often see the Google Bot.

So when you see 20 or more views on a topic (used to be called threads) most of those are probably bots.

I haven't tried the save draft feature yet, but that looks like a good one too. (Looks like it works.)