crusty old cruiser

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
drib
dribnut
dribnut

crusty old cruiser

This guy is not me, but I noticed he joined today and had nine unusual posts in varying topics. Later, I noticed that all but one disappeared - and because his post count is ten, there must be a new one. So I'm going to save what I still have.

1926999-crustyoldcruiser

1. A day in Southhampton
CrustyOldCruiser replied to ariesknowbest's topic in British Isles/Western Europe

Portsmouth is easily doable from Southampton in a day, either with a return taxi, or a 45-minute train ride. Portsmouth Harbour station is less than 5 minutes' walk from the Historic Ships museum. Well worth a visit.
2 hours ago 15 replies

2. Hotel in Dover, England
CrustyOldCruiser replied to alidor's topic in Seabourn Cruise Line

Kent has much to offer in terms of history and Architecture. Dover has little to offer besides crime, dirt, and perhaps getting spat at by a couple of junkies if you're lucky.
2 hours ago 13 replies

3. cruise cabin toilet question
CrustyOldCruiser replied to Kitty Ellas Mom's topic in Ask a Cruise Question

Have to say I've never experienced a khazi reeking of piss. That being said, the neighbour's noisy bowel movements were a problem on one cruise, no word of a lie.
1 hour ago 30 replies

4. Nude bathing on a cruise
CrustyOldCruiser posted a topic in Ask a Cruise Question

There doesn't seem to be a speciality group for nudist cruises. Can anybody advise which cruise lines are the most open to clothes-free swimming? I often feel tempted to let my equipment soak up the fresh air, but this has in the past raised some eyebrows with the Seabourns and Azamaras of this...
1 hour ago 2 replies

5. People you always encounter on your cruise
CrustyOldCruiser replied to LandlockedCruiser01's topic in Cruise Rituals

"Chuck": Sixty-something retired realter from Waco, Texas. Talks loudly at anyone and everyone, and even louder at anyone for whom English is not a first language. Complains that his coffee is too cold, his beer is too warm, the beef is overcooked, the beef is undercooked, the place is "full of...
57 minutes ago 22 replies

6. September 8 2022 Old World Joie De Vivre
CrustyOldCruiser replied to tennis's topic in Crystal Symphony Roll Calls

Once you've seen one winery, you've seen them all. There are only so many barrels and vats you can look at. Aside from the photo op, that's it. You could visit 100 châteaux in the Bordeaux area and most would look identical inside. The best thing to do is to go to a wine bar in Bordeaux itself and have a...
48 minutes ago 12 replies

So I'm already missing three posts. One of them was very well-written about someone making art out of ashes in a tray.