quick reply

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
drib
dribnut
dribnut

quick reply

FYI, I just enabled "quick reply" in all forums.

I wanted to see what it meant first. And what it means is that you can reply from the topic page without pressing the "reply" button, but you will not have all the options as you get with the "reply button." But I believe you can still use smilies and BB Code if you know the proper format for them.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: quick reply

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Re: quick reply

I like it! - using it all the time as I don't feel the need to quote previous posts on here (yet)

Also love the ability to edit posts - rewriting history is good
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

drib
dribnut
dribnut

imgx new undocumented bb code

For when use have a very large image and don't have time to shrink it:

imgx

This original is 1024px, but shows above as 600px. But it still has the original resolution, so the text reads well.

======

Also imgy to reduce height to 450px. The original below is 2048px.

imgy

drib
dribnut
dribnut

margin bb code

Another new undocumented BB Code is this:

Code: Select all

[margin=200}]{TEXT}[/margin]
Where the margin value is a variable representing the number of px to indent.

So if you want to indent, or just make things look pretty, you can do this:
Honest Abe wrote:Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.