This is the Title

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
drib
dribnut
dribnut

Internet is not 6 Star-Upgrade Way Overdue

Continuing ...
Keith1010 wrote:Deleted
Stickman1990 wrote:I’m curious as to why you deleted your original post above regarding the improvement in the internet service yesterday - has it reverted to poor performance?
PaulMCO wrote:Those that love RCL/Celebrity/Azamara internet speeds also have a common thread O3B's medium earth orbit satellite system (with lower latency of 150ms) and higher capacity. O3B recently received approval to add additional satellites to have global coverage. Time for Crystal to start planning.
FlyerTalker wrote:So...for those folks who want coverage everywhere, and also want that higher speed - guess you are going to have to wait a while.

As for the planning comment -- I suspect that's been going on for a while. Quietly and behind the scenes. Unlike in the previous regime of ER, there have been few vaporware announcements from Crystal HQ
drib wrote:{responding to Keith1010} I'm more curious about why there is no "time edited" date stamp there than I am about the deleted text. Are there some permissions that come with achieving X posts that I don't have as a Cool Cruiser?

Getting back on topic ... could you, would you, pay for better Internet service - more bandwidth for you, or whatever the terminology - like you pay for additional dinners at Prego? Or does everybody just get the same pokey Internet service?
I was going to post "crappy" instead of "pokey," but pokey is more fun because he was gumby's friend.
Art Clokey wrote:

how gumby and pokey met
In about the third episode, gumby went into a western town out in the desert. There were two sets of railroad tracks, and pokey had his hoof caught in the switch mechanism where the tracks shifted over. To save him, gumby had to throw the switch, and he did so just before the train went by. pokey was saved, and they became buddies from then on.
Keith1010 wrote:... As to the question about Pay for service...........The service on all those recent voyages was not pokey........It was quite good......The solution is getting whatever happened fixed...........No need to charge..........They used to charge.........When they went inclusive they upgraded the systems sufficiently that it was a pleasure to use.
You see, he completely missed my point!
drib wrote:I didn't mean to charge everyone. I think guests that have a business they need to attend to might want to pay extra to get a little more bandwidth, not unlike some passengers pay extra to dine at the specialty restaurants more than once. I know that on my home service, I can pay more with no change in equipment for more speed. (I don't do that because only the speed tester would be faster; 100 mbps is fast enough!)
travelberlin wrote:Certainly something must be wrong with the internet this year at the Serenity. We were on the full world cruise last year and independently the location of the ship, we had good, reliable internet.
Stickman1990 wrote:{responding to drib about keith1010's posts not having edit time stamps} Did this ever get answered?
Ixnay on the Keith1010ay! I know a guy - no, guys - no, members because there's no way to tell if they were guys - that were auf'd from that other message board for pressing a line of questioning like this.

I know the answer, though, it's because he's a secret moderator.

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Re: This is The Title

a perfectly innocent line of questioning - Im just on a quest for the truth to come out (perhaps that sounds a little grandiose given its a two bit message board we're talking about her - not yours Drib - theirs!
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Internet is not 6 Star-Upgrade Way Overdue

I need to take an inventory. Are these the only posts that are gone with the wind bag:
drib wrote:{responding to Keith1010} I'm more curious about why there is no "time edited" date stamp there than I am about the deleted text. Are there some permissions that come with achieving X posts that I don't have as a Cool Cruiser?

Getting back on topic ... could you, would you, pay for better Internet service - more bandwidth for you, or whatever the terminology - like you pay for additional dinners at Prego? Or does everybody just get the same pokey Internet service?
Keith1010's post referencing paying for Internet service is still there and has no context.
Stickman1990 wrote:{responding to drib about keith1010's posts not having edit time stamps} Did this ever get answered?
So, it only has to do with referencing how the board is moderated, even if it's only obliquely?

======

You can continue on your quest, Bodobodog, but what you might want to do is start a new identity now and give it some history so that it appears to be before you got auf'd again. Better yet, start the new identity on Serenity so you don't leave an IP trail for the moderators. I'll know if they are on to you because they send me the IP addresses of their board members.

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

Re: Internet is not 6 Star-Upgrade Way Overdue

drib wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:45 pm I need to take an inventory. Are these the only posts that are gone with the wind bag:

Keith1010's post referencing paying for Internet service is still there and has no context.
So, it only has to do with referencing how the board is moderated, even if it's only obliquely?

======

You can continue on your quest, Bodobodog, but what you might want to do is start a new identity now and give it some history so that it appears to be before you got auf'd again. Better yet, start the new identity on Serenity so you don't leave an IP trail for the moderators. I'll know if they are on to you because they send me the IP addresses of their board members.
Good idea drib. And if I might humbly suggest ... take on a totally different "persona" Bodog. Maybe you could be 'Little Mary Sunshine' or some similar goody goody type???? :? Oh, wait a moment while I barf!!! It won't be easy for you and will require a wee bit of discipline but I have confidence you could do it.

Sort of off topic but I've often wondered if the wind bag is getting some sort of 'serious' kickback from that cruiseline for all the hard work he (or she ;) ) does with the absolute plethora of daily posts singing the praises - or making excuses? - for said cruiseline?

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

I haven't been banned again have I? Ahh...I'm Bodog - I got banned ages ago (but still exist on CC for some strange reason) - who is this mysterious and clearly very intelligent Stickman you speak of?

Yes I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some incentive for the Wind bag to post so positively on multiple social media
Last edited by bodogbodog on Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

*COUGH* some find "grass" a happy passtime. Just sayin' :pimp: ;) ;)

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Keep in mind that while(st) there are not a lot of people who post here, there are now so many people who get the dcrd that I had to build a new process.

I don't read the vanity threads. I'm not sure why you two do. *

======

* also that voodoo that you do

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

drib wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:27 am Keep in mind that while(st) there are not a lot of people who post here
and just like that history is rewritten....

But how come edit history is shown - I want the cloak of invisibility like CC give to some of their members - where you can edit posts without it being recorded

drib
dribnut
dribnut

I'm not quite sure how the edit history works here. I know on some older PHPBB board that I moderated, the edit stamp would show if I made a change on my own post, so I had a second ID, and if I used it to modify my own posts, no edit stamp.

It could be different on this board because I allow everyone to edit their own posts indefinitely. I think I did the same with deletions. I figure you own it, you should be able to do what you want with it. So if you want to keep someone else honest, that's a reason to quote them.

======

Ok, so there aren't a lot of posts, so there aren't a lot of edit stamps. But I just looked in the Jeopardy thread, where Trebek has to update the board continually, and saw this:
Last edited by alex - verified canadian on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I guess I don't leave an edit trail because I'm a moderator. I don't know if Bodogbodog leaves an edit trail, maybe he doesn't because nothing he posts is worth fixing ... oh I mean it's always perfect the first time. Or maybe because Bodogbodog does have some extra permissions going back to when he had his own forum.

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

drib wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:14 pm I don't know if Bodogbodog leaves an edit trail, maybe he doesn't because nothing he posts is worth fixing ... oh I mean it's always perfect the first time. Or maybe because Bodogbodog does have some extra permissions going back to when he had his own forum.
I do leave an edit trail

No big deal

I guess the voyeurs who don’t post can enjoy knowing there was an edit - but will never know from what - unlike some social media platforms like FB where the edits are shown as part of the history

drib
dribnut
dribnut

in memoriam

I decided to close this thread in tribute to the late, great, iamheisenberg, the Thread Starter, the Original Poster, the irrepressible one-time bard of both cruise fucking critic and drib critic, and also, of the world.

He passed away this morning, as he would have wanted to, in bed, with his beloved mother, and some of the passengers from V8213.

RIP