This is the Title

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Holiday 2020 Cruise Fares - Crystal vs. Regent

Post: # 2573Post drib »

All right, you time-sucking, Friend of Trebek, hoser ...


CRUISE LINES DON'T LOWER FARES WHEN THEY ARE FLOURISHING.


... nor do they break cruises up into smaller segments, nor do they fill up cabins with travel agents. * Also, I have the data to support this - not just what you see on Fare Compare, but directly from Crystal Computing Services **, who have granted me access since 2014.

You're done here. You'll get your last DCRD tonight, so you can read this, and then tomorrow you will be blocked from drib critic, Roll Call, and all its components.

======

09.01 am pst: You are blocked because you wasted my time on that other cruise message board. You're wasting everyone's time there. I can't do anything about it there, but I can make sure you don't do the same here.

However, I am open to a sincere apology over there. Do that by the end of the year, and I'll unblock you here. And then prove that you are sincere by not posting just to hear yourself speak, so-to-speak, anymore.

======

I think the highlighted part of this is hysterical on many levels:

ak1004 wrote:
roland4 wrote:The correct word is "moderated", and yes, they do remove posts that contravene the rules. Since the mods are not allowed to "edit" a post (as I was told by one of them once), if part of a post breaks the rules, the whole post goes, regardless of what else it contained.
Thank you for clarifying this.

As someone who is running the largest options trading forum in the world based on the same software platform, I can tell you wirh 100% certainty that mods are allowed to edit posts. It's probably just easier for them to remove the whole post instead of editing it.

As I don't recall breaking any CC rules, it would be nice to know why those posts have been removed so I don't waste my time next time posting something that will be removed later.
======

To wit:
ak1004 wrote:
nancygp wrote: Private messaging doesn’t work nor has it worked in many years on this site
It doesn't work because it has been intentionally disabled.
I rest my case.

I hereby rescind my prior offer of a pardon for ak1004!

======

Oh geez, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it did!

Roland4 wrote:If you use the name of that well known German political party from WW II it will appear as ****, even if those four letters just happen to occur in a longer word.
Stickman1990 wrote:Ok now I can’t help but try and think of words that include that combo of letters - nice to have a challenge for the day ahead
ak1004 wrote:N a z i
Stickman1990 wrote:That’s a given - I was referring to the challenge of that word appearing inside a bigger word - and then the CC filter picking it up and **** it out
ak1004 wrote:nazionale italiana
nazionale hotel rome

Those two are the same example!

But also note that what happened with the word "nazionale," above, is not what Roland4 described. What he described is what happened on the prior version of that message board. It might still happen on some words - it all depends on the code, which probably uses Regular Expressions, and how the words are entered in the censored word table. ***

Again, ak1004 completely missed the point. Stop already. And Stickman1990, whoever that is, please stop feeding him!


addenda:

* I've also notice an increased reliance on low single supplements to fill up cabins. Also evidence that they are struggling are all the upgrades. I got one on in June, and several of the passengers I'm in touch with have received them recently, including to Penthouse Suites. While this is great for those of us getting upgrades, it's clearly bad for revenue.

** Not really - that was just the troll in me. The Crystal files I have access to are now the legacy files, and they're pretty useless except to save me time in adding new itineraries to Roll Call.

*** drib critic is a PHPBB3 message board. It currently has no censored words, but originally "Cruise Critic" was turned into "Cruise Fucking Critic" because I thought it was funny to have that board feature turn a word into an expletive instead of the other way around. I removed it from the table because it would also change links with cruisecritic.com in them, which was annoying and not my intention.

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Crystal review, By LHT28

Post: # 2579Post drib »

This is a really stupid thread!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2 ... al-review/

It's not even worth the time to save all the crap that will be deleted by tomorrow, I think.

I'll just summarize the stupidity ... the OP didn't enjoy the OP's first Crystal cruise, and there were posts suggesting that the OP shelled out thousands of dollars to go on the cruise wanting it to be terrible because the OP is an Oceania loyalist. And by page 4, CC members are arguing about whether or not a luxury line must make all passengers aware that raspberries are available even if they are not out in the open on the buffet.

Good grief, Charlie Brown!

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Delete

Post: # 2583Post drib »

This one is definitely on the ropes ...
1novascotian wrote:sorry, posted on the wrong board!!
drib wrote:Nooooo! Don't delete this thread!

Move it to the Crystal forum and let them discuss the living daylights out of it!
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2721021-delete/

======
Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Error code: 2F173/O

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Jeans allowed?

Post: # 2586Post drib »

I think you're all looking for some fair and objective dress code standard. And you think it just doesn't exist ... but this is your luck day! I know of one.

It's called the Minnie Pearl Dress Code (MPDC) and it works like this. Leave all the price tags on your clothes, men and women alike, and when you enter a restaurant, the Maître d will evaluate your outfit in its entirety. If the total cost exceeds the Wearable Threshold Figure (*****)*, then you will be seated. If not, there's always the buffet and room service.

"Oh that will take forever," you say? No, because there will be an app for that. You can scan your tags in advance and the *****, for each outfit, will be saved to your on board account. One quick check on their computer, and they're going to do that anyway, and you will be seated.

A lot of people will say that this standard is unfair, but wait, there's more!

The ***** will be calculated as a percentage of the daily cost of your cabin - not counting included air, of course. So if you're in an Owners Suite, your ***** might be $200, but for someone in an Ocean View cabin, it might be only $50.

"I've been tearing off and throwing away the price tags for years," you say? Well fine, as long as they don't say "Under Penalty Of Law" (UPOL), but not to worry. You can have your outfit evaluated with Internet searches by the MPDC Dress Internet Concierge (MPDC-DIC) in advance at the Reception Desk

This is not just a Win for the OP, it's a Win, Win, Win, Win, Win. (The OP, other passengers, crew, Oceania, and App Programmers)

Image

* auto-censored from WTF.
Essiesmom wrote:Would the price used in this calculation be the MSRP, or the price I paid on the 75% off rack? EM
drib wrote:EM, it should be whatever is on the tag, so if the tag is not discounted, that's a break for you!

I don't know why they ****-ed out ***** - I checked it on the Basic Acronym Latency Lookup Service, and there was nothing wrong with it.

User avatar
bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 57154
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:08 am
Location: Sydney

New Dress Codes a Winner!

Post: # 2589Post bodogbodog »

I like it - then I can return the clothes to the shop after the cruise is over - bargain!

Do you think they'll notice the mushroom soup splashes on the shirt?
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Re: Crystal review, By LHT28

Post: # 2591Post drib »

Bodog, while I greatly appreciate your posts here, I need you to use all your powers, and all your skills, like the mortician in Godfather I, to slut-shame the OP of the "Crystal review" thread on that other message board. No one ... NO ONE ... can just waltz right into the Crystal Forum and post their own negative opinions like that!

In fact, I'm working on a new dribnuts to post there. I've sketched out the four speech balloons below. Mini-T is filling in for the OP, but I'm working on a new drawing with a Minnie Pearl (Minnie-P!) hat, with the price tag showing just the number 28.* Maybe there will be no body - just a hat - an homage to Doonesbury.

Panel 1: Boarding Crystal Symphony.
mp
Look at this rusty old bucket. It looks like shit!

Panel 2: Inside a Crystal Symphony B1 cabin.
mp
Look at this old shower curtain. There's jiz all over it ... and it's still warm!

Panel 3: Eating at Prego.
mp
Look at this mushroom soup. I think there's vomit in it!
(Or maybe instead, "Look at this mushroom soup. It looks like Bodog's shirt!")

Panel 4: Leaving Crystal Symphony.
mp
BEST CRUISE EVER! I can't wait to write my review, and it only cost me eight grand!
======

* Replaced above, as follows:
me
The original Mini-T, formerly Mini-E
mp
Replaced by Minnie-P

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

An Open Letter to AK1004

Post: # 2592Post drib »

Stop writing to admin@bigdogfoto.com!

I have a lot of dirt on you, and the only thing that prevents me from posting it here is that the owner of this board is a very high class individual.

Don't mess with me on this! You already know that Cruise Critic lets me see individual IP addresses. I can have you black-listed on all kinds of sites ... you won't believe how many sites there are where I have root access.

User avatar
realDonaldTrump - verified
half full
half full
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Re: An Open Letter to AK1004

Post: # 2593Post realDonaldTrump - verified »

drib wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:59 amI have a lot of dirt on you, and the only thing that prevents me from posting it here is that the owner of this board is a very high class individual.
AK1004 is a very low class individual and his ratings are terrible!

I love the guy!

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Holiday 2020 Cruise Fares - Crystal vs. Regent

Post: # 2595Post drib »

Here we grow again ....
ChatKat in Ca. wrote:... I'll take the aging ships with the smaller cabins.
Stickman1990 wrote:Funny - that’s how my wife describes me sometimes 😉
Keith1010 wrote:Kathy you are so right.

This is what good friends told us.

They sailed Regent on a crossing and said it was like a port intensive cruise.

So glad there is lots of choice out there so everyone can figure out what they like.

For many years many people have tried different lines so some people trying out Regent is not a new things.

Just as some people trying out Crystal particularly since it went inclusive is nothing new.

Some will like it. Some won't.

So it goes.

And while some won't like it that doesn't mean others will feel the same way. And while some will like it doesn't mean others will feel the same way.

Personally I want everyone to be happy with their cruising decisions but at this point in my life whether they like it or not will not influence Anne Marie and my decisions as to which cruise line to sail.

Just like a book, a movie, a hotel, a restaurant, there is only one opinion that counts.
BWIVince wrote: {responding to ChatKat} Amen!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with Regent and I would completely and whole-heartedly recommend them to friends looking for a cruise like that, but there is just about NOTHING in the way they package their offering that serves what I value personally... That's not a knock at all on Regent, I just would rather have more public space than cabin space, more open promenade/aft deck space than cabin space, more enrichment, more activities, to pay for excursions and air a la carte in the rare cases they're needed, and have readily available lower single surcharges.

{responding to Fly Fast Cruise Slow, text not shown here} This is just a gut instinct from where I sit, but I've been watching the development with the new ship(s) and watching the pricing strategies that Crystal has been driving the past couple of years, and the hyperactive (compared to their competitors) yield management work recently is kind of interesting. They seem to be kind of doing two things at once -- feel out where the upper end of what their market will bear (for projections with the next generation product) while tracking how much and where in the cycle people are willing to spend at each price point, while still trying to boost occupancy rates to justify the investment in the ocean segment, especially since it looks like they will need more berths total in order to make them work financially.

It kind of leads to whiplash with some of the high advance fares and seasonal bargains, but there also seems to be something kind of methodical to the whole roller coaster when you overlay it with where we're at (AND where we're not) in nailing down the general arrangement for the first ocean newbuild.
Stickman1990 wrote:I'm curious - have you actually sailed Regent? If so was it recently and on one of their newer ships? If not then what are you basing your assessment on?
drib wrote:{responding to Keith} For someone whose opinion, by your own admission, doesn't matter, you sure take up a lot of time and space saying the same thing! 🙂
BWIVince wrote:{responding to Stickman} No, I haven't... As I mentioned, that wasn't any kind of value judgment based on service or any kind of onboard experience, I firmly believe Regent offers an excellent product. It's just the value proposition of the way their packaging is built that doesn't serve my needs. It's just a numbers thing. Explorer and Splendor are great, they just don't introduce anything that I value (I could care less about things like infinity pools), and I'm deathly afraid of open heights so an exposed jogging track on deck 12 is my worst nightmare.

Once the option of a ship with an interior-sided promenade on deck 7 is gone (as one example of many), of course, I'll have to reevaluate my preferences, but in the meantime they just bring nothing to the party for me personally.

I don't want anyone to think I'm knocking it without trying it -- I'm not knocking it AT ALL. They're just not selling what I personally need.
Keith1010 wrote:{responding to drib} Thank you David.

Yes I do like to reenforce that the only opinion that matters is your own so I do share mine as well.

I don't think it is unusual to repeat oneself on CC. II know others do including........Well I know you know who I am talking about so no names David. 😀

For example David I pretty much know from you saying it more than once that sailing Crystal is not in your plans. You see many repeat themselves.

My point is in the end it's great to know what others think but you have to figure it out yourself which is why when I am asked fo for an opinion I might say this works for us or it doesn't work for us but in the end only you can decide.

As I said it is nothing new for people to try other cruise lines. I base this one on fact and it's not an opinion.

As to Regent if I want to learn about Regent I will learn about it on the Regent Board not here. Same goes for any cruise line including Crystal.

Happy New Year.
Stickman1990 wrote:That’s not always going to be the case. This thread was set up to specifically discuss both Crystal and Regent and the price comparison of holiday fares - most posters have kept pretty much on that topic

I don’t think it’s unusual to find such a comparison thread on the Crystal board - particularly when several members have first hand knowledge of both lines and others have stated their plans to try Regent

Like all threads if one isn’t interested in the topic or doesn’t have anything useful to contribute on the subject then it’s just a case of ignoring it and moving on and leaving it to those who are interested
drib wrote:No, I don't. I need the names.

But that leads me to another subject. I generally only use member names. (I will use Keith, though, because it's in your member name.) I know you and others like to use real first names because it's friendlier, I suppose, and that's fine. 

I use member names because a lot of the readers don't know who the friendly names are. So if iAmaHairyToad posted, but you called him Henry, well, that's very confusing. And also, maybe iAmaHairyToad doesn't want people to know his real name is Henry.

Now ... I know my opinion doesn't matter, but I think your opinions would go further if you stated the same ones less often, and in less space. It's not that I don't appreciate all the help you provide here, I'm just saying that it's not as effective as it could be.

Happy New Year.
Observer wrote:This position seems rather myopic to me. I believe that much can be learned from comparative judgments. in fact, much well-informed decision making by open minded people is made by comparing one possibility with another. Of course, if one has already made up one’s mind and is not open to other possibilities, comparisons are probably moot.
KenzSailing wrote:{responding to Vince} If you're so inclined, could you expand on your "hyperactive yield management" point? I find these nuts and bolts of the business discussions fascinating, and you're one of the few contributors who can do so with actual cruise biz insight
Keith1010 wrote:Honestly I don't.
When I wanted to learn about Seabourn I read what is posted there. I also read reviews on the Review site. Same for Silversea, Regents, Celebrity etc.

I don't need comparisons because that is when we get into lots of subjectives and.....a big and..........I want current....Often the comparisons are not current.

Anyway, this is my view.

I have never cared for comparisons because it gets subjective.

If I want a comparison I can create my own from reading what people say on the respective cruise line board for the line I am interested in. I can go to the actual web site for the line and I can go to my go to book which is the Ocean Cruising Book by Douglas Ward.

I do have a very open mind by the way which is why I don't go for the comparisons that people create.

I do go by the 80/20 rule which served me very well in business.

If I haven't sailed a line and 80% of the people say something is good or not good I take that as fact until I experience it myself.

It worked well in business and it worked well as we selected cruises to sail, places to see, hotels to stay at and on and on and on and these days there are many fact based sources.

On a related note this is where I get a laugh from questions

Question. What is the specialty restaurant fee. Answer: It is fact based. What happens next we get several opinions on whether or not there should be a fee but that was not the question.

Now back to comparisons. I will speak with people (speak is the key) who I know (know is key) and I respect (respect is key) if they have sailed multiple lines and will ask some fact based questions and even ask for an opinion or two but if they haven't sailed the line in a few years let's face it with all the change it can be outdated and a bid and........Sailing a line one time is not sufficient to me for a comparison. Why? Because every cruise is different.

If we agree to disagree that's fine.

But for me if I want to learn about Regent I know where to go.
Keith1010 wrote:Drib appreciate your opinion.

However as someone said a week ago on a similar issue unless you are the moderator we can say want we want and as often as we want Drib as long as it conforms to Cruise Critic.

On a related note something I learned in my career and as part of my career including studying Lincoln On Leadership is keep the message simple and repeat it often until people get tired of hearing it. It is at that point that they actually get it.

Happy New Year Drib and I will be sure to call you Drib from now on unless we sail together.
drib wrote:Or, they learn to tune it out.

And just look at how it turned out for Lincoln!

Okay, then, but please note that "drib" starts with a lowercase letter.
Keith1010 wrote:Got it drib.

It actually turned our well for the USA and my experience is more get it than turn it out.

Some even start repeating it. Time will tell. Choice is good. You know what both are very true IMHO. 😀
drib wrote:The first part of that is highly debatable, but not appropriate for Cruise Critic.

The second part of that cannot be substantiated.

If it can go one hour without a response, then I'm calling it a victory. (It's 13 minutes as I write this.)

Wait a minute ... the refs are throwing a flag. Keith edited his post that I quoted. The new post omits what I quoted completely. That's a foul!

Keith1010 wrote:The good news is tomorrow I am returning to Crystal Serenity and I can't wait.

No comparisons.

Just Crystal....Crystal....Crystal...

And if it was another line.........It would be x line........x line........x line.........

I will just enjoy the moment.

And I do stand by what I have said as to how to do the research and the due diligence and will repeat myself if necessary as most people on this board does.

And with that I say good night even if that means I don't get the last word in.
ChatKat in Ca. wrote:{responding to Stickman} Yes, although it's been a few years. I have sailed on Oceania. I'm Gold on Regent and Oceania doesn't rate the same.
Stickman1990 wrote:{Responding to Keith} That’s not always necessary of course
Stickman edited his post to add some extra crap here.
drib wrote:I hope you have a wonderful time. And I hope I help you add to your enjoyment of Serenity, by suggesting that you spend more time there than here.

You know, a wise man once said that you want to keep a message simple and repeat it often until people get tired of hearing it. And so, I will say it again, that your opinions would go further if you stated the same ones less often, and in less space.
And the clock starts now.
Stickman1990 wrote:{Responding to ChatKat} The question about first hand experience was specifically directed to Vince - I know you’ve sailed Regent & Oceania and that’s why I said “particularly when several members have first hand knowledge of both lines and others have stated their plans to try Regent” earlier
Texas Tillie wrote:Good grief, am I the only one who is sick to death of all the bickering going on here??? 🥴😏😎
Stickman1990 wrote:Reading the thread and participation is entirely optional of course
Keith1010 wrote:Thank you for your good wishes.

I am sure I will be multi-tasking and I really don't need any advice on how often I post nor what I post.
Wait a minute! Keith edited out the above to something much less confrontational. This is the revised post:
Keith1010 wrote:Now it's definitely time to say goodnight. 😀
But here's a very important point, I think. When I edit a post, it always show the that there was an edit, and the time edited. To make sure it's not just my own posts that do this, I looked at one of Stickman's and his edited posts are just like mine. But Keith's edits do not show a time nor that they were edited.

I can only conclude from that that Keith is a secret moderator!
drib wrote:Oh, don't pay any attention to the Stickman!

And I completely agree, but we're now in the middle of the Super Bowl of getting the last word, and Keith1010 is on the clock!
Stickman1990 wrote:Ahhh - another quote from my wife! - that’s two today already

For those who like the back and forth type thing there’s plenty of tennis happening down under at the moment - ATP Cup then the Australian Open - they go back and forth all the time and get paid millions!
So this is the problem ... I posted after Keith1010, but not quoting Keith1010. I did mention Keith100, a typo on his name, though. So I'm not sure who wins. Maybe It has been over an hour, so I'm claiming victory. Maybe later Keith will claim the same based on this technicality, and then maybe it's for the best if we can both claim victory.

User avatar
bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 57154
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:08 am
Location: Sydney

Re: This is The Title

Post: # 2596Post bodogbodog »

You won I think - he needed to get to bed it was 7pm after all - all that partying got to him
But whether the victory stands recorded who knows as the CC mods bulldozer could arrive at any moment and rewrite history - and then all of this didn’t really happen....

As for me controlling LHT - well she stormed off days ago and hasn’t been heard of - hmmm wicked witch found her broomstick?

But you need to get AK47 under control although even he’s waning and hasn’t been seen for a day

Life is normal on CC...
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Re: This is The Title

Post: # 2597Post drib »

A lot, but not all of today's active thread is gone. They kept a lot of the good parts, though.

And I just added this ...

drib wrote:
Keith1010 wrote:For example David I pretty much know from you saying it more than once that sailing Crystal is not in your plans
I'm sorry I forgot to comment about this earlier.

You don't know that! In fact, I have a booking on Serenity, I'm very interested in Endeavor, and I would definitely look into a Crystal river boat the next time I'm in that market. I follow this board, and I track fares on Crystal because I haven''t given up on them!

What I often repeat about Crystal is that the reason they have to discount their itineraries, especially on Symphony, is because they are struggling to keep their older ships full. I also often repeat that Charra-scary-ia was a bad experience for us - and a lot of people on this board have concurred, although not in that language.
I was going to add something about wanting to roll like Lincoln on Leadership, but I think I'll save my ammunition for a later time.

======

My mistake - it still goes to page 7. Maybe they were in the middle of reviewing it and decided to let it stand?

User avatar
bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 57154
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:08 am
Location: Sydney

Re: This is The Title

Post: # 2598Post bodogbodog »

Fancy that..
I'm actually surprised how many posts are still there!
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Holiday 2020 Cruise Fares - Crystal vs. Regent

Post: # 2599Post drib »

Yes. My work there is done.

I'll take a victory lap that here - but I did laugh-like Keith's last post, that loser - and I did thank a noob, Mask-1234, for worrying that I posted images of my grand kids there. (But why wasn't the noob worried about someone abducting my PVC moose?!)

What I wrote about posting photos of my grandkids wasn't true - it wasn't false either, they are incredibly cute - I just didn't post their photos on Cruise Fucking Critic. It wouldn't call it a lie; I often write fiction and fables and parables. And I'm not a liar; I'm colorful! I was also being colorful above when I wrote that I had dirt on AK1004 - I'm sure I could find some, but I was just trolling. I, too, am a mean girl, sometimes.

I think it's safe to post images of my grandkids here, though. This is one my son sent me earlier this morning.

imgy

I love the pudgy little paws ... totes adorbs!

User avatar
bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 57154
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:08 am
Location: Sydney

Re: This is The Title

Post: # 2601Post bodogbodog »

ROTFLMAO

If only the other forum had a sense of humo(u)r and they'd allow that to be posted there
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

SuziQ
overlord
overlord
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:05 am

Re: This is The Title

Post: # 2605Post SuziQ »

Bloody hell, I've been offline for 36 hours (granny duty!) and I've missed all this too-ing and fro-ing.

Well done drib (see what I've done there?)! Yep, "the oracle" (see what I've done there? LOL) has the habit of waffling on ad nauseam. Well called!

So drib, you seem to attend musical theatre so I'll leave you with the opening monologue by 'John Adams' from 1776 -

I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called an idiot, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a congress. And by God, I have had this Congress! ... etc.

Anyhoo, enough of my pathetic attempt at humour. It looks like I've got a bit of catching up to do. Thank you for your site. Much appreciated.

P.S. Your grandbaby has such gorgeous little pudgy hands! So beautiful.

User avatar
bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 57154
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:08 am
Location: Sydney

Re: This is The Title

Post: # 2606Post bodogbodog »

Oh that we could enjoy such banter on that "other" forum
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Re: This is The Title

Post: # 2607Post drib »

SusiQ, I haven't seen the musical 1776 - but don't tell me any more about it - you might give away the ending.

Factoid: I am the only person ever to lose money reselling front row balcony seats for Hamilton, original cast, in New York City, within a couple of months of its opening.

I don't want to continually bash Keith1010, because then I'd be doing the very thing that makes him so annoying. Instead, I'm going to say something nice about Keith1010 ...

I think he's a good guy. I think he has only one bad personality trait, but unfortunately, that one thing is huge. It's huge like the Death Star is huge, and not the original Death Star, but the Death Star in that horrible sequel, that was twenty times larger and had the same fatal flaw as the original. *

I would rather spend two hours lunching with Keith than see the new film version of the "Cats" musical. That said, I'm not planning to do either.

======

* If they built a larger Death Star because it could destroy ten planets at the same time, why not just fire a smaller Death Star ten times? How hard can that be? It's not like the target planets could move someplace else while they were reloading.

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

ak100467

Post: # 2610Post drib »

unblocked on drib critic, but still ignored on that other message board

User avatar
drib
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Internet is not 6 Star-Upgrade Way Overdue

Post: # 2611Post drib »

This has the potential to get nasty.

And what's with the six star designation? Is this like six minute abs, where all someone has to do is come out with five or seven minute abs?
alwaysonaship wrote:Many people who cruise still work. ...myself included ....dependable internet is crucial in this day and age. The poster who mentioned Celebrity’s internet. I concur. We were crossing the Tasman sea and it was still fast and reliable
FlyerTalker wrote:My suggestion to you: If absolutely dependable internet connectivity is essential to you and your work, don't cruise. As long as you are relying on a wireless satellite connection, you are subject to vagaries and potential instability. Fact of life.
alwaysonaship wrote:Why are you so contrary. This is 2020 and people work and travel.
drib wrote:If being realistic is contrarian, doesn't it follow that the original thought was unrealistic?

I'm going to violate one of my own rules and repeat myself with this quote:

"You go to sea on the cruise ship you have, not the cruise ship you want to have." - D Rumsfeld, quote approximated
wrote:You've chosen to ignore content by ak1004.
alwaysonaship wrote:That is absolutely the truth. I also run my own business and have customer emails That cannot be ignored. In the last 12 months we were on the Paul Gauguin which had pathetic internet. On Seabourn Sojourn we had amazing internet in September and October and now the Serenity which has internet as bad as the PG. I wonder if part of the issue is the PG and Serenity are old ships
drib wrote:Well, I don't have much sympathy for you if your member name is accurate.

You just can't expect to run a business from a ship. It's difficult enough to run a blog.
alwaysonaship wrote:Do men have issues with women on this board. What a shame
I won't respond to that because I wasn't quoted. But there's no way I could tell the poster's gender. Even the profile photo has one of each ... although I suppose the poster could be any of the newfangled genders too.

That said, this would have been my reply:
drib wrote:#meToo
Continuing ...
ClefsDor wrote:That is not the case at all, and I'm saying that as a long time contributor on this forum and a woman. I think people are finding your posts on this subject frustrating as you fail to comprehend the fact that the internet leading up to this cruise has been absolutely FINE. Not as fast as at home, nor will it ever be, but perfectly adequate, up to date and on par with any other luxury line and a lot better than one luxury line in particular. So I 'll repeat it again - something has gone awry with the internet on THE CURRENT CRUISE YOU ARE ON!
alwaysonaship wrote:Hardly luxury if they cannot provide advertised services. If something is wrong then a simple note on the door to notify guests would be appropriate. I did not start this topic just shared my similar feelings as others did. Dear I comprehend completely what to expect on a ship in all aspects not just this cruise It was like this since Miami.
Summer Time wrote:Clef Dors is absolutely correct.

May/June 2019 cruise, Internet was fine. Internet on 2018 cruises were fine.

It is around Dec 2019 cruise and going forward, something broke the internet.
Stickman1990 wrote: {responding to something on the prior page} What’s wrong with picking up the phone if something is so critical?

I definitely resent that comment about being retired and having no need for the internet - apart from being simplistic and ageist it just doesn’t stand up to any form of scrutiny. Try banking and other interactions with major companies, staying in touch with loved ones and current affairs these days without access to the interac
drib wrote:You go, girl! :)
I skipped over some stuff here.
KenzSailing wrote:Poor internet connectivity can be frustrating, but there are some really personal and mean-spirited posts to this thread. These posts are from folks venting to the wide world via...the internet.

Let us mourn the passing of irony, which died this date in the year 2020.
On the contrary, I think this was Irony's finest hour.

I could still post that, but I want to give it a rest over there.

======

I really don't want to diminish the impact of KenzSailing's post, above, but "which died this date in the year 2020" is redundant. It should be "which died this day in the year 2020." It's still brilliant - the best post of the day.

======
FlyerTalker wrote:{responding to alwaysonaship about the implication of misogyny} Hard to know that you are a woman from the photo. Unless you put a big "This is me" with an arrow.

Is there some other way how I (and others) should know that?
Stickman1990 wrote:Or care?
Gonna skip the next few from FlyerTalker because they're too reasonable.

User avatar
bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut
Posts: 57154
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:08 am
Location: Sydney

Re: This is The Title

Post: # 2612Post bodogbodog »

#IstandwithStickman1990 - they seem to be very astute, knowledgeable :cheers:
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

Locked