This is the Title Part 3

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Re: This is the Title Part 3

SuziQ wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:34 am Yep, supply vs demand. Ho ho ho - the way of the world. You know, one thing I've noticed lately about "The Oracle's" posts ... he (and I think it's a "he"? :? ) is that he seems to be a proper little tyrant. Mmmm, doesn't like your post, ergo, it's removed. Probably because he's just a big fish in a very small pond. Delusions of grandeur perhaps?….

But boy, I do wish someone with a decent grasp of grammar and syntax would proof read his announcements. :no
You must be talking about he who must have the final say on all things
He’s medically qualified it seems as his latest claim is to know what type of vaccine each member of Serenity's crew has had, apparently the “vast majority” have had one specific type - he knows this without reference to their records as he has simply spoken to some and observed :o

You are so correct on his grammar and syntax - it is an abuse of the English language (actually even the American one!) - his attempt at the third person is laughable and to pretend his wife is writing parts of the blog is even more absurd. Shame CC didn’t moderate based on that!
Email - bodogodog@gmail.com

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2022 - RSSC Explorer - Singapore to Sydney
Feb 2023 - Silver Muse - Cairns to Singapore
September 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Vancouver to Tokyo
December 2023 - RSSC Explorer - Sydney to Auckland
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

Bodog, I rarely post on there these days. Well, there's nothing much to talk about really for us Aussies living in the largest "jail" in the world. We can't go o/seas nor can we plan to travel interstate. I have no travel plans at all these days. Why make plans when they probably won't come to fruition?

Drib, you and your siblings looked very spiffy back in the day. Definitely all tarted up (or dolled up if you wish). So cute. :) And heartiest congrats on receiving a WARNING! :bow: I've only had a few posts removed - shame on me.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

removed from keith kritic this morning

I wasn't going to post new stuff in the forum formerly known as the Crystal Cruises Forum, but someone posted something that I thought deserved a reply. This post is still there:
Sweetpea711423 wrote:Dribby,

I thought I had posted a response to this earlier, but I can’t find it. As best as I can remember, it said the following (please forgive me if this is in fact a repeat):

Dear Dribby (I hope you don’t mind my using your mother’s nickname for you),

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this story. I love everything about it. I hope you don’t mind, but I am planning to steal the last line and use it in the future. I’m even going to use the Dribby, as in “Dribby, ethics are for other people”. I’ve already told my husband to expect to hear it from me.
And this was my response, which was removed without explanation:
drib wrote:Sweetpea, there were a lot of database and other technical issues during the week of your missing post.

While I was writing that story, I was planning to end it with "ethics are for everyone" but I changed my mind and went 180 degrees in the opposite direction at the last minute. Make of that what you will. Everything but the ending there is factual.

In support of the story, I found this advertisement from the Detroit Jewish News from 1969:

{image omitted on drib critic}

That clipping is a lot later than when my grandparents had a cabana at the Hollywood Beach Hotel (HBH). By the late 60s, HBH had been replaced as the "in" spot by the Diplomat Hotel, which was/is several miles south. And then a decade or so later, HBH was turned into a bible college. Today, it appears to be a shopping mall - one with a great location and history, so there is that.

One other thing I remember about those formative days was that we once stayed at the Colonial Inn there - I have a photo of it, which I'm not sharing here. {that's the tarted-up image above} The Colonial Inn was fabulously bright white with colonial columns on the outside, and simultaneously fabulously mid-century modern on the inside. It was then owned by the notorious mobster accountant Meyer Lansky - of course, I didn't know that back then. Lansky, I think, became the character-base for Hyman Roth in The Godfather book and movie.

Speaking of mobsters, this reminds me of something else my mother once told me. There was certainly no shortage of mobsters in New Jersey, where I grew up. The two colorful names that came up often, in conversation around the dinner table, were Longie Zwillman and Waxey Gordon. And this is what my mother had to say about them - and I swear it's all true except for my more colorful name: "Dribby," she said, "they [Zwillman and Gordon] were terrible men, but they were good to their mothers."
Was the "ethics are for everyone" quote a step too far for someone there who suggested that double-booking was okay if you are honest about it?

======

Oh, well now Sweetpea's post is gone too. I don't get it - why not just remove my original story?

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Keith has spoken….

Future Cruises - who knows if cruising ever resumes? But maybe they’ll include these ones
May 2022 - Silversea Silver Muse - Tokyo to Vancouver - 21 days - nope Japan was closed
Dec 2023 - Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 16 days - nope Crystal went belly up

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

Another swag of missing posts .... yesterday there was a post from someone (can't remember who) on the Bermuda cruise on Serenity who commented about an elderly man who had asked a red-headed 'lady' to dance ... and she insulted him. Many posts followed from members saying (basically) "Yeah, I know who that is".

LMFO, so would that be the 'mutton done up as mutton' old-but-new-Roel member? LOL now these posts have all gone. KKK again? Yep, of course, who else? But he/she (KKK I mean) would have run a mile at first sight of her, don't you think?

Tellya what, there are some weird people cruising on Crystal. :roll:

drib
dribnut
dribnut

There was another post, recently, where FlyerTalker went on a rant against the governor of Hawaii. I liked a response there that called FlyerTalker's post irrational. I see that my like is gone, and so I assume also the other related posts.

I never had the feeling that FlyerTalker was so super-sensitive, so I think it's unlikely he had the posts removed. On the other hand, What The Fuck?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

I'm going to post this soon. I think the question is what is the best time to post before it can be discovered and removed?

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

It’s almost got to the point of giving up on the forum. The saccharine sweetness and bonhomie is killing it. Reviews like Stingrays of his 7 day cruise dole out the compliments by the bucket load. 7 days on a Covid restricted cruise and suddenly he’s an expert on all things Crystal and is handing out the awards. Actually he was a self appointed expert before he even stepped foot on the ship and not afraid to admit it! Because he learnt everything he knows from KKK

Drib - I like the comic strip - but if you post it I fear it may be the end of you. Hope you have a backup profile ready to go should you ever feel like returning to the land of lollipops and milk and honey (or should that be cookies given Stingray has now “discovered” them?

SuziQ - we all know who the woman is and she’s been there a couple of years now - we’ve sailed with her and kept our distance. Another good reason to practice social distancing

drib
dribnut
dribnut

bodogbodog wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:08 pm ... but if you post it I fear it may be the end of you.
That's the point, Bodog. This is my Thelma and Louise ending!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Bitob just posted on that thread, which will give me some cover. I just want it there long enough to be seen by the Whiny One.
Bitob wrote:Just hang out in the kasbah

for a dollar or two they will put a cobra around your neck

beware the most aggressive street vendors you may ever come across.
He must have tunnel vision.
Stickman1990 wrote:It will always be a popular thread - I visit morning, noon and night in the hope someone will correct the spelling - thank you Drib for finally doing so 😉
KensSailing wrote:Not me,

I was rockin' it
drib wrote:Why are you all ruining my death scene?

Well, first, about the Kasbah or Casbah, that's probably some kind of generic word in North Africa. I suspect that the song by The Clash is in reference to the Casbah in Algeria. It was made popular in the movies, first in a French production Pépé le Moko, and later in an American remake called Algiers.

Pépé le Moko was the inspiration for Pepe Le Pew, the cartoon skunk.

Second, speaking of skunks, I think it stinks that so many good posts have been removed lately, including my dear Sweetpea's. I think there are only one or two whiners that precipitate their removal. I don't care that it's the board's right to do this, it still stinks, and I've had enough.
cruisr wrote:I loved Tangiers. Explored on my own and never hassled once
Thanks for noticing, cruisr.
KenzSailing wrote:Because you know how the play ends.

Signed,

Ophelia
winefoodandsong wrote:Drib, I hear you. I think it’s ridiculous that posts about awful behavior of guests onboard were removed, probably because someone, (we all know who), whined about it. It’s legitimate that we all call out bad behavior.
drib wrote:June 6, 2018, from my archives in a thread about swinging on Crystal Symphony, I wrote this about KenzSailing:

How ironic that someone from a city named Chevy Chase doesn't appreciate sophomoric humor! :)

It was probably removed - I don't always know - I just save some posts on my site in anticipation that they may be removed.

Of course, I didn't know you that well then (and now), but I thought you might enjoy that snippet now.
drib wrote:Why am I still here?

Let's up the ante a little bit. What follows is from August 17, 2017, and was removed from the Regent Forum. The reference of Thorax Critic was about a person, who no longer posts there, but once that forum's whiny one.

The Grasshopper and the Slug

Once there was a spry young grasshopper. He was a very good and hard worker, and thought to himself, "I deserve a vacation!" So the Grasshopper went to his friend the Earwig, who was a travel agent, and the Earwig recommended a luxury cruise.

Once there was a grumpy old slug. He professed himself a connoisseur for all things luxury. "Oh, bother," thought the Slug. "It is time for me prove my mettle by taking yet another cruise."

Three weeks passed, and by chance, the Grasshopper and the Slug meet on Thorax Critic, a message board.

"I just returned from a cruise," wrote the Grasshopper. "Everything was wonderful and even the larvae was free."

"I also just returned from a cruise," the Slug responded. "Everything was awful, and the included larvae was poorly presented."

"What cruise line did you sail?" the two wrote simultaneously.

"Beegent," they both replied.
9:52 pm, Pacific time: Host Kat locked this topic, all new posts removed.

SuziQ
overlord
overlord

Mmmm looks like Tangiers has sunk into oblivion. That didn't take long. The Skunk must have awakened early today. How does he make posts disappear so quickly? Did he graduate from Hogwarts? If so I bet he was in Slytherin.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

SuziQ wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:58 pm Mmmm looks like Tangiers has sunk into oblivion. That didn't take long. The Skunk must have awakened early today. How does he make posts disappear so quickly? Did he graduate from Hogwarts? If so I bet he was in Slytherin.
It's conceivable that ChatKat in Ca ratted me out. She posted in the forum shortly before it was closed. She was one of the original "Tangiers" posters.

I could still post tonight, but I probably won't. So that's the end of drib on Cruise Fucking Critic.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

holy shit

All they gave me was another reminder about nuisance posts!

I called them spineless moderators. What do I have to do to get canned on Cruise Fucking Critic?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

What Are You Waiting For

drib wrote:Yesterday, I posted several times thinking that I was going to finally get the boot from Cruise Critic. But all I got was a warning and a crummy t-shirt.

I really don't want to be part of this one-sided community anymore. There are a lot of cold hard truths about cruising, and it's of no value to me if I know that all I get is a sanitized version of it.

I didn't use any profanity *, and I didn't direct any comments by name. (But that everyone knows who I was talking about should indicate that the problem isn't this messenger.)

I did call a group of hard-working people spineless. And I regret that only inasmuch as they are only doing their jobs. I don't expect them to be bastions of free speech. But I don't expect them to be so one-sided either. I don't see why they can't just say no to the few people who are constantly whining that someone is being unfair to Crystal.

So just put me out of my misery. I don't want to be a part of this Stepford Message Board.

======

* I did write "We're all out of cornflakes." and then some initials representing Felix Ungar from "The Odd Couple." (Ungar, because that's a line from the movie. If he had said it on the TV show, then it would be Felix Unger.)

======

** I know it was you, CK. You broke my heart.
winefoodandsong wrote:I did notice that comments about the person who was being rude, entitled, generally icky on these latest cruises were deleted. I don’t understand why. We were not the people misbehaving; she was. Drib, I am sorry that this is happening to you and I appreciate honest commentary much more then sanitized commentary.
KenzSailing wrote:No wait, don't go.

You're one of the few iconoclastic, and original, voices on this board.

Would it help if I posted another cooking misadventure?

Also, Frances Urquhart would have worked. (Much better than the ridiculously derivative Frank Underwood.)
FlyerTalker wrote:Too many just want rainbows and unicorns - how dare someone intrude hard reality into any conversation. And polite trumps factual - can't be in any way harsh or critical. I've gotten my share of warnings, and congratulations on getting the t-shirt. More than I got.
Stickman1990 wrote:
winefoodandsong wrote:Now I’m curious. Are people defending that woman or does she have enough pull on this board to get them to delete the totally appropriate criticism of her behavior?
Stickman1990 wrote:I don’t believe it’s got anything to do with a woman

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

I can’t see that post anywhere - has it been blitzed already?

You’re like a cat with nine lives

drib
dribnut
dribnut

bodogbodog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:24 pm I can’t see that post anywhere - has it been blitzed already?

You’re like a cat with nine lives
It's still there. The board is just funky with new posts and sometimes they come and go like that. But winefoodandsong already replied to it, which gives me some cover.

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Yes it magically appear soon after - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2 ... /#comments

Interesting that people seem to think you’re referred to the posts about the red head - when it’s the black hair dye guy that’s the main perpetrator

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Still there after three plus hours.

So ... I deliberately chose the topic "What Are You Waiting For" for my final post. And you're probably thinking that I chose it for the irony - why are they waiting to can me - or because Keith1010 started that thread. But the truth is that I picked it because I knew it would be the top post of a page. (Because I could see that Mrs Claypools post was #50.) I know it doesn't matter once it's removed, but while it's there, the top post has more impact.

I was also amused that, yesterday, Host Kat locked the "Map of Tangiers" thread, as if, otherwise, it could once again become the symbol of the Great September Uprising.

======

9:30 pm Pacific: Keith1010 is responding to the topic "Crystal pre-cruise Miami Hotel."

So, if he has some moderator rights, it may all be over soon. But otherwise, I would think he would have to wait until morning to start harassing a moderator.

======

9:50 pm: posts gone. Keith is a secret moderator.

======

10:00 pm: I re-posted my original text, except that it's now still on page 2, so some other earlier post was removed.

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

drib wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:02 pm I was also amused that, yesterday, Host Kat locked the "Map of Tangiers" thread, as if, otherwise, it could once again become the symbol of the Great September Uprising.
So will the post count bot still impact the views of the Tangiers thread - no matter it will forever stand as the most viewed depriving the lecturer of that honour!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

fu

What's wrong with you people!

It couldn't be just a name like Frank Uzitsface. It has to go along with a recognizable quote, where FU is in the punchline.

I hope that everyone who took my thread so off-topic, and with such backwards thinking, gets terminated from CFC too, or at least gets a very sternly worded warning.

Idiots, I'm surrounded by idiots!