october 2020 update

drib critic stuff
drib
dribnut
dribnut

october 2020 update

Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush ... I added the new Regent itineraries for 2022 and 2023.

I wouldn't book any, but I wanted to take a look at them ... and maybe I'll run fare compare just to see also.

Don't forget that I'm still not planning to renew the dribcritic domain after October 31. It will probably work for awhile in the grace period, and then anyone can pay for and own that domain. (Good Luck to you!) But my code and the database will still be on bigdogfoto.com.

roll call on big dog foto

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: october 2020 update

Interesting that, even though it's been 2.5 months since I last did an update, the only new fares I found were for the new trips. For Regent, anyway. There was one set of fare changes on Serenity and one set on Symphony - $100 increases - and nothing for Oceania.

Explorer fares are generally higher in 2022 and 2023. Splendor fares are about the same and appear lower only because it has a lot of new Caribbean itineraries. Navigator on the whole is a lot lower in 2022 and 2023. Voyager is higher in 2022. Mariner is lower in 2022 and there is no data yet for 2023, which is just the world cruise (no segments announced) so far.

New ports for Roll Call: Kota, Finland; Kiel, Germany; Kaliningrad, Russia; and Beppu, Japan.

The most interesting new itineraries, to me, anyway, are on Explorer - although they are really milking the Tokyo round-trip itinerary in 2023. The itineraries I like best are on Voyager - there are two that end and start in Bilbao, which would be great for pre or post cruise planning in Northern Spain.

I'm not about to book anything soon, and even if cruising goes back to normal in late 2021, there will be so many future cruise credits applied to 2022 and 2023 itineraries that I'll probably be locked out of my preferred categories by waiting. C'est la vie.