This is the Title Part 3

nowhere special, i always wanted to go there
drib
dribnut
dribnut

Crystal Ship Auctions (continued)

Keith1010 wrote:Yes they needed new ships. With that said before the Pandemic hit 2020 was selling like hot cakes and World Cruise 2023 was almost sold out.

Think about all of us who had many cruises booked and are owed a lot of money.

So yet new ships would have been great but that didn’t stop many of us to have cruises booked even with administrative fees and prices compatible to other luxury lines.

Keith
pre-crime (choosing to post this later and give Squat Cobbler a little bit longer to live on CFC):
S. Cobbler wrote:I think Crystal world cruises have always sold well, or at least better than Crystal's other itineraries.

There is evidence that Crystal struggled to fill their ocean ships going back to 2014. So, if non-world cruises sold well prior to March 2020, you can be sure they were at a discount.

In December 2019, three months before the full impact of the pandemic on ocean cruising,  someone wrote this:

Crystal struggles, and will continue to struggle, because they are slow to identify and implement trends. They were slow to implement all-inclusive, they were slow to implement open seating. They were slow to implement business casual attire. They were slow, and still are slow, to implement new ocean ships. (New management has been in place since mid 2017 - that new ship should have been announced by now.) They were slow to add or "spice up" new specialty restaurants.

Earlier today, I was writing about how Magic Castle at Sea has been around since 2013, but instead of figuring out the next new thing, they're going to continue with that under a new name. They're always skating on their reputation, and frankly, their ocean ships, physically, aren't really luxury anymore. They're lagging behind Viking in that respect.

Crystal management is made up of followers, not leaders, and I think that's why they're always struggling to fill their ships.

Blah, blah, blah - there was a lot more, and I don't agree with all of it. But as to the above, I 100% agree!

Squat

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Two Crystal CDs to Silversea

I am hopeful these posts will not be removed:
FlyerTalker wrote:For those interested, it appears that Russ and Raphael have signed on with Silversea, joining Scott Douglas who moved from Crystal Entertainment over to SS.

Best of luck and happiness for both.
Keith1010 wrote:Just wanted to note that no former Cruise Director's from Crystal Cruises have been signed on to Silversea.

The information about that which was posted on another site was not correct.
Stickman1990 wrote:
Out2See wrote:I've been in touch with both Russ and Raphael and it is a done deal. Russ to the Silver Whisper and Raphael to the Silver Moon
Thanks for confirming what was posted originally Jim

But but but…. Keith says it isn’t so… 🤔🤷‍♂️ 😂😂😂

Who to trust in these topsy turvey times 😉

Guess you shouldn’t believe everything you read on Cruise Critic
It looks like the Stickman ate shit for breakfast this morning. His post is indeed gone, but not for the reason I expected.
Out2See wrote:With huge apologies to Keith, my information about this was premature. My apologies also to Russ and Raphael for not fully understanding what was going on and that nothing was set in stone as yet. But I certainly hope it works out. It will be a a great thing for all involved.
Crikey, they took down that one too.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

I Am Very Hopeful.

Keith1010 wrote:I’m still hopeful. If Crystal returns we will be there and if not and the ships sail we will be there and if not we move forward. All good alternatives.

I looked at so many posts from last year and old shops or not the cast majority were positive and that included first time. Crystal Cruises. Not bad considering the COVID protocols.
:wall:

Has Keith1010 has gone the Leonard Tose route?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

is this a sign cfc is less hopeful?

Look how nice the Crystal Forum looks on CFC without all the pinned topics!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Splendor may 21 mask resquired

Lonedaddy wrote:
cruiseluv wrote:Interesting the posts they keep purging from this thread. Reminds me of Twitter.
Maybe they should change the name of the site to "cruise and tow the line" instead of cruise "critic"
Gone.

Another save for free speech by drib critic.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: This is the Title Part 3

So this is interesting ...

LoveRegent2

... the poster formerly know as Travelcat2.

So is this new identity with the consent of CFC? (Isn't that against the rules?) Is she out on probation? If she went into their witness protection program, it was probably a bad idea to post her first name in a roll call.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how long the Regent board can maintain the peace, because of course, it wasn't all her fault.

Who is Orson Bean?

fezzik
greenlandic garden weasel

drib wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:39 pm So this is interesting ...

LoveRegent2

Was Travelcat2 banned?
If not, I wonder why she needed an alias.
Hey, I have heard a rumor that they ban aliases, no direct knowledge, of course.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

I don't know what happened. I think probably TC2 got tired of being abused, in which case, it would make sense for her to come back under a new member name. Or, maybe Old Deuteronomy granted her a new life.

I don't think she violated any rules. If being repetitive and annoying were against the rules, then what would be left of CFC?

I don't remember if it were here, or there, or maybe in an email I wrote, but I have suggested that CFC would be much better off without TC2 and Keith1010. More recently, it's been bob winnie-the-fucking-pooh lerm that infuriates me, what with the way he oozes charm, exudes good looks, and tries to be helpful. His posts makes me want to hurl. Rare cruiser my ass!

======

This is weird ...
LoveRegent2 wrote:
flossie009 wrote:Returning to the OP’s original question, I don’t think that “small group” tours are offered for Petra or Wadi Rum in Jordan.

If the OP is concerned about using the Regent excursions then the alternative is to arrange a private driver & guide; either through Regent or independently.
Not worried at all! Simply sharing information.
She posted as if she started the thread. (She didn't - the OP is lidge.) Could she have a third username? Or maybe it's just out of context because some posts were already removed. Whatever, it's classic Travelcat2. That should certainly give the moderators paws.*

======

* forgive the pun

fezzik

drib wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:51 am If being repetitive and annoying were against the rules, then what would be left of CFC?

I don't know, maybe charm, good looks, and helpfulness?

drib wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:51 amMore recently, it's been bob winnie-the-fucking-pooh lerm
Good use of syntax!

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord

fezzik wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:36 am
drib wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:51 am If being repetitive and annoying were against the rules, then what would be left of CFC?
I don't know, maybe charm, good looks, and helpfulness?
What would you know about any of those things, you fat fuck :poop: face?

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020)
overlord
overlord

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:49 pmWhat would you know about any of those things, fezzik?
fezzik wrote:I know a present-day six-year old twat, and future eighteen year old cunt, when I see one!
Moderator, the bad man just called me the C word!

fezzik

mini-d (as of 3-19-2020) wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:49 pm What would you know about any of those things, you fat fuck :poop: face?
drib wrote: mini-d, shame on you! Fezzik is by far the best and most valued member of this forum!
You should apologize to him!
mini-d wrote: You're right!
Gee, Mr. Fezzik, I'm sorry for all of the mean things that I've said to you over the years. I've been a very bad girl, but I promise to behave from now on. I hope that you can forgive me! :angel:
OK, mini-d, you deserve another chance.
A CFC member has inspired me to respond thusly,

admin
overlord
overlord

fezzik wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:22 amImage
The board moderators all concur that a warning should be issued to the poster of this undesirable niceness.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

more travelcat2

fezzik wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:34 am

LoveRegent2

Was Travelcat2 banned?
Hey, I have heard a rumor that they ban aliases, no direct knowledge, of course.
This morning, I noticed a topic with the subject name "Travelcat2." It had a short discussion about TC2 returning under a new name, and some fans saying they were glad she was back. I didn't save any of that because there was nothing very interesting there.

Anyway, that thread is gone. I will only know if LoveRegent2 was spared if she posts again. (Most banned users do not get the drib treatment - where all the banned user's posts are removed.)

fezzik

Re: more travelcat2

drib wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:12 pm
fezzik wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:34 am

LoveRegent2

Was Travelcat2 banned?
This morning, I noticed a topic with the subject name "Travelcat2." It had a short discussion about TC2 returning under a new name, and some fans saying they were glad she was back. I didn't save any of that because there was nothing very interesting there.

Anyway, that thread is gone. I will only know if LoveRegent2 was spared if she posts again. (Most banned users do not get the drib treatment - where all the banned user's posts are removed.)
I gotta believe that this thread was removed at the request of the subject, LoveRegent2 /Travelcat2.
If this is correct, then clearly, the moderaters are aware that this person has 2 screen names.
Which begs the question *-
Why is this person allowed previleges that others are not?

*Technically, this is incorrect usage of the term, "begs the question". However, it is used so commonly in this manner, I decided to take the lazy man's way, rather than think of alternative phraseology.
Don't judge me.
Or judge me.
I recall don't give a crap.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

fezzik wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:18 pm {...} *Technically, this is incorrect usage of the term, "begs the question". However, it is used so commonly in this manner, I decided to take the lazy man's way, rather than think of alternative phraseology.
Don't judge me.
Or judge me.
I recall don't give a crap.
This begs the question, is it better to give a crap than to receive one?

fezzik

drib wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:11 pm

This begs the question, is it better to give a crap than to receive one?

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Travel Agent Fees

Below is a post from the owner of Keene Luxury Travel. They are (maybe were) my agency.

I don't expect this post will be deleted - it's on topic, and there are plenty of known travel agents posting. (Although isn't this a solicitation to her clients to stay with the agency?) I just thought it was unusual that she posted.
Ngaire wrote:Clarity on this subject.

The reason for the change is the posting of checks. Constantly checks are not received although we sent them. One entire batch was lost recently. Happening more than you can imagine. Then we have to cancel the check issue a new check. Some new guests think we are not sending what we promised to send.

Nearly all agencies offer some kind of benefit for using their services. We found out that other firms are giving a gift on the ship rather than other types of benefits. So we thought this was a good idea and Regent agreed. From Regents point of view they probably hope this will be used as shipboard credit but that is entirely up to the guest.

This is only for Rewards under $1500. Any more than that would be too much cash in hand.

Even if your check is under $1500 all you have to do is ask us to always send a check and it will be sent. No problem at all.

This does not have to be used as a regular shipboard credit. It is a REFUNDABLE GIFT. There was the parameter by Regent that if the guest wants cash to do that on the last day of the cruise.

If you (a) don't use the Reward as SBC or (b) forget to get your cash then Regent will send a check directly to the guest.

Hopefully this clarifies the situation.
Ngaire ... Joined June 28, 2001, currently at 184 posts, but this was only the second one since 2018, and only a sprinkling since 2007. (You have to look up topics posted by Ngaire - presumably, everything before 2007 is archived.)

I'm still miffed that I paid back my Splendor, March 14, 2020 rebate. And my issue isn't that they didn't deserve it; it's that not everybody was asked to return it.

fezzik

Re: Travel Agent Fees

drib wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:02 am

I'm still miffed that I paid back my Splendor, March 14, 2020 rebate.
Did you get a refund of your cruise fare from this cruise, or did you opt for the 125% FCC?
In any event, why would you think that it is just that you get to keep the moolah?

drib wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:02 am And my issue isn't that they didn't deserve it; it's that not everybody was asked to return it.
Do I understand correctly that you know of people from that agency that was allowed to keep the moolah?
drib wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:02 am They are (maybe were) my agency.
If you decide to change agencies, I know of someone that would like to refer you to one.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

1. Because Regent paid 100% of the commissions.
2. Yes. But if everyone returned the money, then I'd be okay with the agency keeping 100% of the commission. (And also, I was out several thousand bucks from our VRBO in Miami, which they - Regent and the agency - weren't very helpful about.)
3. You mean Pavlov's dog agency?